• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

connection between kyogre&manifi

pokemaster7

Is my Penguin army ready yet?
Years
kyogre is considerd the "spirit of the sea"(dont get confused with lugia he is the "beast of the sea) and manifi is the "price of the sea" so manifi must be the son of the sea's head honcho wich is kyogre. you can also see manifi has lines and circles on i'ts body(like kyoge). and kyogre is featured in the same movie as manifi. so kyogre must be the father of manifi.

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
Years
I can assure you that Manaphy is not related to Kyorge. Since when have legendaries had pre evolutions? And besides, that would mean Groudon would get a pre-evo too since Kyorge and it are parallel legendaries.

And my other guess is that Manaphy is our fourth "little legendary" Pokemon.

The only way they're related is because they both came from the ocean

pokemaster7

Years
i never said manaphy is a pre evolved form of kyogre. and about groundon he does not neccisarily has an offsing but he might in the future. besides. how can y ou explane the "prince of the sea." if it is not an offsping than it migt be a clone of some sort(like mewtwo).besides why else kyogre be inthe same move as manifi. (kyogre is my favorite pokemon if you had'nt noticed)

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
Years
There aren't enough similar traits for Kyogre and Manaphy to be related that way. They look VERY different. Besides, like .:Roselia:. said, if Manaphy was Kyogre's offspring, Nintendo would have had offspring for Groudon too.

About the titles- Lugia is also known as "The Water's Great Guardian." Kyogre is "The Creator of the Sea." And Manaphy is "The Prince of the Sea." This creates a balance of power in the sea- Kyogre created it, Lugia guards it, and Manaphy rules it. That's how I see it anyways.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
I completely agree with songbird's statement. Kyogre is obviously the creator of the sea, Lugia is the guardian and Manaphy is the ruler. And if Manaphy is Kyogre's offspring, then what Pokémon is Manaphy's other parent?

I also find it pretty hard to believe that an orca's offspring would be a tiny fairy-ish Pokémon. =\ Besides, if Kyogre slept for thousands of years, when did it have time to breed?

Saying Kyogre and Manaphy are related is like saying Metapod and Silcoon are related because they are both coccoons. -.- Or how about Metapod and Scyther being related? They are both Bug type Pokémon that are green.

You're going to need a lot more evidence to convince me of Kyogre and Manaphy being related.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
Years
I also find it pretty hard to believe that an orca's offspring would be a tiny fairy-ish Pokémon. =\ Besides, if Kyogre slept for thousands of years, when did it have time to breed?

well I dunno what to say about the other statements,....but thousands of years ain't all of the past......

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
Years
am I a noob or what? hahas. my question... what is Manifi? A newly discovered pokemon? o.o

pardon my lack of knowledge.. :P

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Eire
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
The Songbird said:
About the titles- Lugia is also known as "The Water's Great Guardian." Kyogre is "The Creator of the Sea." And Manaphy is "The Prince of the Sea." This creates a balance of power in the sea- Kyogre created it, Lugia guards it, and Manaphy rules it. That's how I see it anyways.

I agree about the whole lugia and kyorge 'job' statements. But for manfai we will have to wait for the movie to see its back story. It should be very intresting

Smarties-chan

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
well I dunno what to say about the other statements,....but thousands of years ain't all of the past......
According to the legend, the continents and the seas were created when Groudon and Kyogre were battling and they were put to sleep right after the battle was over. Don't tell me Kyogre had time to breed in the middle of a battle. -.-

pokemaster7

Years
You all say manifi the sea's ruler,but then why is it the"prince of the sea" instead of the "king of the sea" if it is the ruler. so it must be the son of the sea's most poweriful, or higher in sea sociaty wich is kyogre. and about groundon also having an offspring.on pokemon heros why did latios died while latias lives? latios death cannot cause latias to die, and same with groundon. forthermore about the sleeping for thousands of years, do we when kyogre slept, or when it or it's mate pregnanted. the thousand year sleep had nothing to do with it. :disappoin

Smarties-chan

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
pokemaster7 said:
You all say manifi the sea's ruler,but then why is it the"prince of the sea" instead of the "king of the sea" if it is the ruler. so it must be the son of the sea's most poweriful, or higher in sea sociaty wich is kyogre. and about groundon also having an offspring.on pokemon heros why did latios died while latias lives? latios death cannot cause latias to die, and same with groundon. forthermore about the sleeping for thousands of years, do we when kyogre slept, or when it or it's mate pregnanted. the thousand year sleep had nothing to do with it. :disappoin
You still haven't answered my question. If Kyogre is the mother, who is the father?

pokemaster7

Years
I'm not sure on that one, it probibly didn't show the father in the move (if you remember the old show back then, they didn't show the other parent of lugia's offspring). Also kyogre dosn't has to be a mother(couled be a father),or it is a bisexual. and heres my view of who's who. lugia is gaudiun(like you said), kyogre is creator/ruler, and manaphy is the heir to the throne(or sits on a piece of coral).

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
Years
Manifi is a legendary pokemon. It not a breeding from anything. (This is for Miyo). Look around the sprite forums here and you can see them in the sprites tread.

I agree with Smarties. Kyogre makes the sea. Lugia guards it. Manifi rules it. Not all kingdoms have a king and Manifi is a young looking pokemon so he is a bit too young to be called a king. Anyways, Kyogre is a mad pokemon which just knows how to fight. If you want anime proof then look at the episodes that it appeared in. Once awaken it decided to wreak havoc on the world. Why else would it be put to sleep? Kyogre doesn't have the idea of mating.

Also what is wrong here is that you are grabbing support from the anime which has a lot of holes in explaining things. Lugia for one thing. Makes in sense that it talked in the movie but said nothing in the episodes that it appeared in. Don't be getting all your support from the anime. It also helps to have video game support too.

Manifi could just be a pokemon that hatch from an egg. That all. I mean pokemon have to come and start somewhere. It doesn't mean they need a father and mother or something. ANyways, these titles came from the anicent humans who knew little about anything. Prince of the Sea, Guardain of the Sea, Creator of the Sea were all given to these pokemon by humans. These pokemon didn't tell them to call them that. Legends are made by humans so don't be thinking there is some kind of kingdom in the sea. There is an order but not some kind of kingdom where Manifi rules them all.

Back