• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese Music.

Amuse

N.E.E.T.
Years
  • Anybody else a fan?
    It all started with a band called ONE OK ROCK and I´ve been hooked on JMusic ever since. Mostlly because their approach to music is different and all the beats (me being a passionate drummer) were very un-orthodox and interesting for me.

Some of my favourites: ONE OK ROCK, NICO Touches the Walls, LAST ALLIANCE, UverWORLD.

My favourite song is most definitly
    恋ノアイボウ心ノクピド (Koi no aibou, kokoro no Cupid) by ONE OK ROCK.

Because it´s the song that forced me to pick up drumming again after a year and a half break because of a serious shoulder injury. So this song really has a place in my heart.

Post yours!

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • I got hooked onto Japanese music when my sister got me into Utada and her first english, so I looked her up on YouTube, listened to her Japanese Music and got hooked on JMusic ever since.

Some of my favourites are : Utada Hikaru (On Hiatus), SCANDAL, Aya Hirano, heidi. , Judy and Mary, Koda Kumi (older songs, her new songs kinda bore me with the frequent use of autotune), Stereopony and Aqua Timez (and more whom I forgot when writing this).

My favourite song recently is : ループ (Loop) - heidi.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    I was big into it a few years ago, but since grew tired of alot of it (samey pop shite mostly). I just listen to a few these days.

Aural Vampire, Buck-Tick, Kat-Tun, Gackt, Miyavi and I think thats about it.

Kenneth2spear

Banned
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    I love music and some are my favorite albums are
    Ikimono Bakari
    Let's Fall In Loveby Betty Carter
    Earthshaker's all songs.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Um, i guess i'll repost my likes. I threw them somewhere, but dunno where they are. Don't have my music drive hooked up, so i can't check confirmation here right now.

YUI
    Kobukuro
    Remioromen
    Baseball bear
    supercell
    MARiA/GARNiDELiA/toku + MARiA (all the same group, so nyeh)
    most things related to Key (including soundtracks)
    JAM PROJECT

and if we're getting into utattes
    halyosy
    gero
    gomu (also GOMBAND)
    Utane Sakura
    Gazelle/nagi
    nayuta
    korosuke
    J
    hana-tan
    yonji

not getting into soundtracks

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    My favorite Japanese Pokemon is イッシュのポケモン言えるのか!

It is pretty catchy, and once you know the lyrics you never stop listening to it, it's pretty easy to learn once if you know Japanese Pokemon names, because it is a Pokerap anyways here's a link if you decide to listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P6RhEeuFZQ

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't listen to Japanese music often, but I like it nonetheless, because of the beat. The ones I like:
    -Shuffle, Masami Okui
    -D-tecnoLife, UVERWorld
    -Precious Time, Glory Days, Psychic Lover

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I like traditional Japanese music (ex.); their current-day music sounds the same as everything else. If anyone could recommend me any traditional artists or tracks, that'd be nice.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I like traditional Japanese music (ex.); their current-day music sounds the same as everything else. If anyone could recommend me any traditional artists or tracks, that'd be nice.
    You should try rin. The group compose a lot of traditional Japanese sounding pieces. (and sometimes a bit of a modern edge, rarely though) When I think of traditional Japanese music, I tend to think of things like Enka. While I'm not the biggest fan of the genre, Hikawa Kiyoshi and Jero are two relatively new artists who are really sticking close to what a lot of people consider a genre for older folk.

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
  • Like some of it, bored by the rest of it. For example, Yoko Kanno's stuff is awesome, I can't really name any boring stuff off the top of my head because I was too bored to remember it.

Try Yoshida Brothers or some soundtracks. (House of Five Leaves comes to mind.)

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • Yay! I am into certain J-Pop artists mainly Ayumi Hamasaki. She is my ultime favourite!^^ I am not into like 100 different J-Pop artists, but others I like are Koda Kumi and BoA (yes yes, I know she's Korean and I like her K-Pop stuff too!). I also like Elva Hsiao and Jolin Tsai from Taiwan! :)

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I like Japanese music. I'm not in love with it as I was a few months ago, but it's still the dominant genre of music I listen to, aside from K-Pop. My favourite bands/artists are YUI, Aqua Timez and Kelun, and my favourite J-Pop/J-Rock song would have to be Aqua Timez - 1 MM. :3

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    ギルガメッシュ is a Japanese alternative metal band that I listen to quite often. You may also tag them with visual kei, but I don't really listen to much visual kei.. with an exception of some songs. Flow Snow by DELUHI and Crying Rain by ギルガメッシュ can be taken as an example.

I love Girls Dead Monster too!~ <3
    Shine Days and Brave Song are among the many songs that I like by them. I listen to SCANDAL, Yui, Stereopony, the brilliant green and many other artists, just to name a few. Supercell is pretty awesome. Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari is one of my favorite Japanese songs, by Supercell of course. I love Michi~ to you all by Aluto. Anything related to key is pretty awesome. And I listen to a lot of music from anime + soundtracks.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hmmm.. I don't really listen to most Japanese Music, but I like SCANDAL, BoA, Yui, Heidi, and some other songs that I really have no idea what are they're titles or the singers, but I like the music anyway. :P

Although I am looking for some various Japanese Music.. any suggestions? xD
    Based on what you like I'd suggest someone like Bonnie Pink or maybe Otsuka Ai. While I'm suggesting things I'll throw out Superfly and Amuro Namie for the sake of variety. I'd guess you'll like at least one of them. They're all variously upbeat/fun/poppy/dance-to-able/etc. even though they have different styles.

Years
  • Oh, I am a huuuuge fan of JMusic. Out of the 450 songs I have on my iPod, only about 15-20 of them are not JMusic. My personal favorite JMusic artist is Gackt. Not only is his voice amazing, but he's immensely attractive to boot. XD
    I'm also a pretty big fan of KMusic.

Back