• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help! Need Ideas!

bugbite250

A Christian Disciple
Years
  • Ok. I'll need all the help I can get. I'm thinking of making a Pokemon game with RPG Maker XP called :cool:Pokemon Iron Shadows:cool:. I would love everyone who reads this to help me with the story. Here is the first part of the story...

I'll show you a conversation with me and Ryushin5. You'll see what I have so far.

Ryushin5 Color--- Green

Originally Posted by bugbite250
    hey! is it ok if you help me think with the new game im thinking about? I want it to be called Pokemon Iron Shadows. It's where you can only be a girl. Ok. here I go. First the Prof. Oak does his thing at the beginning. then he tells you a horrible story that happened. the story says that ten years ago, there was a savage-like destruction at the power plant at Rhinetree City! everyone was evacuated from that city because a huge horde of arons and larons started rampaging the city (and there was no light)! now here is when you (the girl) comes in. the prof. tells you that you are in the middle of a bright forest called Palm Forest (forest with regular trees). after exploring, you will find a cave called Iron Cave. Darkness lurks in the cave. you have to find the ladder to a bright lit up room. as you walk around the cave you might not know that there are holes everywhere!!! it is hard for the first event that happens. finally you find a ladder going down to the lit up room. you find a man (named Mr. Terryberry the "Pokemon Hero") asleep. you see his bag on the floor. all of a sudden, your surounded by a group of arons and larons. Mr. terryberry wakes up from the stompings and quickly tells you to get a pokemon from the bag and fight an aron. u defeat the aron. the group of arons and larons disappear! mr. terryberry says to go and find an exit. so you walk through the rest of the cave (all dark). next, you find an exit and notice ur in an old couple's storage room. you go upstairs and greet them. the old lady gives you a device she got when she was little. its a pokegear! you get out of their house and notice your in the middle of Marvington Village. Mr. terryberry's house was there. so you meet him. he says you can keep the pokemon once you entered the lab. he gives you a pokedex as another present. now what happens???

hmmm I don't know tell me more about your game what are you aiming for are there going to be any fakemon in the game which starters do you get to pick from are they original or fakemon and who is the main legendary of the game and is there an evil that you have to beat in the game I need to know more details.

1. there is debate whether there is fakemon or not. the starters for what i put is steel pokemon. but maybe i could use fakemon. (choose from three pokemon)

2. you're trying to find out why there is destruction. why the arons and larons are attacking people and cities. why they are so evil-like. you just dont know... so, yes you do have to defeat the evil.

anymore questions??

yeah is there going to be any legendary in the game and is the evil caused by some sort of synthicate(Evil team)?

1. i'll need help with the legend...

2. no. this is not happening by any evil team.

Hmm I know a perfect Legend Regigas that could make sense.

i dunno wat the legend is...

no I am giving you a suggestion like the legend can be Regigas or Registeel if you want it to be.

yeah! that would be great! evil registeel?

yeah and for the rest of the story hmm I will have to think about that, Is that ok?

Ok. That's the end. Now what should happen???
    It's better to ask me questions like Ryushin5.

I also have pictures for you to see!

capture003.jpg

capture000.jpg

capture001.jpg

capture011.jpg

capture012.jpg

capture013.jpg

capture016.jpg

capture006.jpg

(Ryushin5 made a comment already that I should use D/P Tilesets!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    For the record, title=boring. A'right, let's go...
    Ok. I'll need all the help I can get A'right...I'm here.. I'm thinking of making a Pokemon game with RPG Maker XP called :cool:Pokemon Iron Shadows:cool: What do Irons and Shadows have to with each other? D'you mean the shadow it makes over the clothing before ironing it? xD. I would love everyone who reads this to help me with the story. Here is the first part of the story...

I'll show you a conversation with me and Ryushin5. You'll see what I have so far.
    Now this I've never seen before...

Ryushin5 Color--- Green Agent Zero Colour--- New, Bolded Text

Originally Posted by bugbite250
    hey! is it ok if you help me think with the new game im thinking about? I want it to be called Pokemon Iron Shadows. It's where you can only be a girl Good.... Ok. here I go. First the Prof. Oak does his thing at the beginning. then he tells you a horrible story that happened All prologue material? 'kay.... the story says that ten years ago, there was a savage-like destruction at the power plant at Rhinetree City! everyone was evacuated from that city because a huge horde of arons and larons started rampaging the city (and there was no light How can that be? Cloud cover? Or do you mean electricity?)! now here is when you (the girl) comes in. the prof. tells you that you are in the middle of a bright forest called Palm Forest (forest with regular trees Palms...regular? There ain't no palms where I come from xD...). after exploring, you will find a cave called Iron Cave *the 'Are you serious?' face*. Darkness lurks in the cave. you have to find Or make...if you've got the dynamics for that. A key Item? Hey, if bikes fold up, couldn't ladders? Maybe your bike is ALSO a ladder xD... the ladder to a bright lit up room. as you walk around the cave you might not know that there are holes everywhere!!! it is hard for the first event that happens. finally you find a ladder going down to the lit up room ...how convenient.. you find a man (named Mr. Terryberry That's fun to say. Is his first name Francisco, too? Francisco Terryberry... the "Pokemon Hero") asleep. you see his bag on the floor. all of a sudden, your surounded by a group of arons and larons. Mr. terryberry wakes up from the stompings and quickly tells you to get a pokemon from the bag and fight an aron Why can't the 'hero' do it himself? I think you can do better.... u defeat the aron. the group of arons and larons disappear! mr. terryberry says to go and find an exit. so you walk through the rest of the cave (all dark). next, you find an exit and notice ur in an old couple's storage room Like...a cellar?. you go upstairs and greet them. the old lady gives you a device she got when she was little A typewriter?. its a pokegear What for? Did you break the lock on the other side of the basement or something that they couldn't open because they locked themselves out? Why ARE they connected to the cave, anyways? Hey, why did you go in the cave to begin with? What business did you have in there? Just hapahazardly exploring?! you get out of their house and notice your in the middle of Marvington Village. Mr. terryberry's house was there. so you meet him. he says you can keep the pokemon once you entered the lab. he gives you a pokedex Why? What does he get outta it? as another present. now what happens??? You tell us!

Hey, ryushin. Have we met?
    hmmm I don't know
    Yeah, we have. I was VMing you earlier; you forgot already?
    tell me more about your game
    I did that in our VM conversation, remember?
    what are you aiming for
    ~_~ A fangame...I don't really reveal that stuff.
    are there going to be any fakemon in the game
    Oh yeah, we've got plenty o' those...
    which starters do you get to pick from are they original or fakemon
    Yes and yes BD...
    and who is the main legendary of the game and is there an evil that you have to beat in the game I need to know more details
    Can't say and no...uhh, I think you're good for now. Let's chat again later..

1. there is debate whether there is fakemon or not. the starters for what i put is steel pokemon. but maybe i could use fakemon. (choose from three pokemon)
    ...if it's dark in the cave, wouldn't you follow a light? What if that light was a pkmn using Flash? What if one of THEM was your starter (something like Mareep but not), and then you found Mr. Terryberry in danger (he took a snooze to lose) and fought the Aron off with the Flashing pkmn? Then maybe even one of the old people could tell you a thing or two about it...maybe you found a rare one that was hanging out in a really dark part...I'm just brainstorming.

2. you're trying to find out why there is destruction. why the arons and larons are attacking people and cities. why they are so evil-like. you just dont know... so, yes you do have to defeat the evil.
    Please don't say mind-controlling...

anymore questions??

More to ask me? Alright...
    yeah is there going to be any legendary in the game and is the evil caused by some sort of synthicate(Evil team)?
    One-you asked that already, yes...
    Two-nope...I don't believe in them. See ya.

1. i'll need help with the legend...

2. no. this is not happening by any evil team.

You had a suggestion?
    Hmm I know a perfect Legend Regigas
    Regigigas...yeah, I kinda worked with it in Dot, but you never know...
    that could make sense.
    ...you're right.

i dunno wat the legend is...

no I am giving you a suggestion
    I understand that...really, I do. Give me some time to consider it, a'right?
    like the legend can be Regigas or Registeel if you want it to be.
    OKAY already...I get it. I'll keep you posted...

yeah! that would be great! evil registeel?
    ...I don't think it works like that.

yeah and for the rest of the story hmm I will have to think about that, Is that ok?
    That's fine, dude...

Ok. That's the end. Now what should happen??? You wrote a beginning without an ending? Noooooo...
    It's better to ask me questions like Ryushin5.
    ...alright, I don't have much time right now to think (sorry, I'll be around plenty tomorrow), but I think you should start with answering my question of why the cave was connected to the old people's house and possibly developing them as characters. Is it something up with their house? Built on ancient pkmn burial ground (I'm not kidding...my aunt's apartment long time ago was on ancient Indian burial ground, and their neighbours claimed to have seen weird occurences like it was cursed)?

bugbite250

A Christian Disciple
    Years
  • i'll answer soon, but I NEED MORE QUESTIONS FROM OTHER PEOPLE! (or suggestions!)

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
  • hmm well I'm thinking those holes could be put to good use, I cant think of anything right now but if you fall in them, you lose money!

Auistle

seTranquility.
    Years
  • For the record, ew. The mapping is... Crappy. Also, take screenshots in a smaller size. Ryushin knows how to do that I think; he'll teach you. Sorry if I'm being hard on you, but this game has no originality besides the D/P OWs. This game is iffy and dosen't look that good. Try to get ahold of more custom things (ie. Tiles) and then post a screenshot here. ;]

bugbite250

A Christian Disciple
    Years
  • For the record, ew. The mapping is... Crappy. Also, take screenshots in a smaller size. Ryushin knows how to do that I think; he'll teach you. Sorry if I'm being hard on you, but this game has no originality besides the D/P OWs. This game is iffy and dosen't look that good. Try to get ahold of more custom things (ie. Tiles) and then post a screenshot here. ;]
    i need a custom map tiles maker then... you know where to find anyone who can do such thing?

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Or you could just improve your skills as a mapper. I've never made a map in RMXP in my life, but I know what one needs, and right now, your maps have little appeal. You overuse tiles. Too much of a good thing is a bad idea. So, space out objects on your map, but don't make it completely blank. All those rocks around iron cave, for example, don't look good, just cluttered.

bugbite250

A Christian Disciple
    Years
  • Or you could just improve your skills as a mapper. I've never made a map in RMXP in my life, but I know what one needs, and right now, your maps have little appeal. You overuse tiles. Too much of a good thing is a bad idea. So, space out objects on your map, but don't make it completely blank. All those rocks around iron cave, for example, don't look good, just cluttered.
    i'll keep thatin mind... i dunno how to map though...

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I suggest you stop using so many of those rocks...and the caves its become very common with beginner game developers. You just throw a map together and they always have a cave on the map. i guess what I'm trying to say is your need to improve your mapping a whole lot or get a mapper.

bugbite250

A Christian Disciple
    Years
  • ok... i'll surely need a mapper... and there are no fakemon in this game. just dark pokemon and some new legendaries.

Back