• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Team Recommendation

blue

gucci
Years
  • So I've just started a new game on Pokémon Soul Silver but I can't come to a final decision for a good team. I want it to be a team of 6 or 5 Pokémon including 1 flying type all mainly from Johto wouldn't mind having a Kanto/Sinnoh/Hoenn Pokémon or two. So far I've come up with Typhlosion, Gengar, Noctowl, Eeveelution (Any) and Drapion

Any suggestions for a 6th or any way I could change to make it better I'd really appreciate it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, generally we can't really help much unless we see what kind of movesets you were interested in and go from there.

Either way, personally, for the eeveelution, you're probably better off going with something that can support your team since you're undecided - either Umbreon or Espeon could do this (wish/STAB and two others - Calm Mind Espeon and depends for Umbreon). But! Vaporeon, on the other hand, can really help you with water absorb, though only one of your Pokemon are weak to water, so it isn't that much of an issue -- however two are weak to ground, so it COULD be helpful. Flareon generally sucks, and Jolteon is pretty good with its speed, so it's really up to you.

Personally, I think Pidgeot can be a lot more useful, it's faster, can abuse Return better than Noctowl and generally is good throughout the game. :x

As for another Pokemon, I think it's best to see what you'd like to give the others and check your weaknesses, using another Pokemon to cover them.

Back