• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possibility of a Pokemon MMORPG

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2014
Hey there Pokemon fans from all over the world! Anyone ever thought of a Pokemon MMORPG that would allow trainers to choose their starting regions and towns, start catching Pokemon, train them and eventually join league battles and win new titles and achievements? Nintendo should really look into the Pokemon franchise and come up with a concept, or rather begin on a project to create a new MMORPG game for all of fans out there. Wouldn't it be awesome if the game looked and felt like those MMORPG hits like World of Warcraft and Aion... I would definitely want to play the game, even if it costed $50 every month. I've watched and played Pokemon since I was born. When I got my first gameboy, I could remember the very first game I bought along with the console was Pokemon Blue, and I still have it now, with a Lv 100 Charizard (favourite Pokemon btw) and all.

Here are some ideas that I thought of.. We would start off creating our character, and I wouldn't expect anything different from how games like Dragonball Online that manages to integrated a purely customisable character creation tool without compromising the close relation to the franchise. Then we would choose our town and stuff, so we would be brought into our new home, and over time we could expand our home adding ranches so that our Pokemon can hang around when we aren't using them, and I would expect the Pokemon to be really lifelike as they move around, kinda like the Pokemon shown in the Pokedex for iOS, if any of you have heard of it. Then we would be able to leave town, go into forests, climb mountains, sometimes using our Pokemon to help us 'vine-whip' to the top of the mountains and stuff, and a flying mechanism that actually allows mounting on flying types such as Staraptor and Pidgeot. In the forests, Pokemon would be running around randomly, sometimes crossing paths with you, and sometimes just hanging on trees eating berries like Aipom and Vigoroth.

I'm not sure how to get this idea to Nintendo and maybe let them know that there is a market for this style of gameplay and it's not just restricted to console. Not sure if it's feasible, but I'll bet a lot of people would want it. What do you think?

Years
wow, I haven't really thought of a Poké MMORPG! that actually sounds pretty awesome, but unfortunately, don't think Nintendo would do that :/ I would definitely play that game! :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Sadly there will be no pokemon MMORPG made by the pokemon company… I have looked into it for about 3 years and all I found was the fact that they want to keep pokemon to the portable systems. They have a few unofficial pokemon MMORPGs out there. But the graphics is like the Gameboy games... I wish that a MMORPG (an official one) would come out though

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I don't think there will be a Pokemon MMORPG. Not yet, at least. Nintendo won't do anything for free so this would be a paying one. Pokemon will only appear on a system created by Nintendo, sadly. That's why you never found a Pokemon game on a Microsoft or Sony gaming console. I hope that will change over time.

Years
Guys, Take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogvbjlmmSDY

Even better video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfyHF63Mpoc

This game was opened for about a year, and it got closed last year. I played this game and I can assure you it's not like one of those ****** mini mmorpgs on Internet. Anyway, If you know someone who can code in Phyton send me a PM , or send the message on youtube to PE coder. (Second video)
What do you think of this?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Pokemon is already basically an MMO. We can pretty much connect with other people all over the world right now with the 3DS, and battle and trade with anyone anywhere, so they've basically already done this.

Besides, who'd want to pay $50 a month to play Pokemon on a PC when you just have to buy a $35-$40 cartridge once and a 3DS and play it forever with no additional fee?

Years
The pokemon game I spoke about above your post is free (it must be anyway) and it's FAR from what you used to see in regular Pokemon games.

Back