• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello

Years
  • Hello everyone. I'm new and thought I should introduce myself. I was interested in Pokemon when it first came out back in the 90s and have recently become interested again. I've been playing some of the older games online but will be getting the real new games for my birthday coming up and thought I should meet some nice people with whom I would be able to trade and battle.

Years
  • Many of us have loved the franchise since the early days, myself included. ^^ Welcome and pleasure to meet you, Elik! Hope you're having fun living over at Wonderland, haha.

Oh, I'm really glad to hear you'll be trying the newer games! Around what time did you lose interest in the series? Many people that are returning fans seem to stop playing around the Gold/Silver/Crystal times from what I noticed. Personally I've been into Pokemon since day one, but of course all kinds of fans are more than welcome on PokeCommunity. n~n You'll probably enjoy your stay over at the Trade Corner and Battle Center if you're looking to trade and battle; they're both popular and growing sections here. They even have an IRC channel and Pokemon Showdown server you can join if you want to chat with the members (IRC channel for Trade Corner and Showdown server for Battle Center).

So you haven't made any posts here yet besides this one.. why not go explorin' when you can? We'd love if you could be active, the more the merrier. Just remember to read the rules and section sticky threads before posting and you'll be a-okay! I'm also always open (though so is Cid, my awesome mod partner) if you need help or are looking for someone to talk to. Hoping you have a splendid time here. <3 Have fun!

Years
  • I don't think I ever got into the games. I wanted to play them because I liked the anime, but my younger brother had Red and Yellow and he would always get very frustrated with them and chuck his Gameboy across the room. So that made me think these were very difficult games and I wouldn't really enjoy them so I never really tried back then.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Hey, Elik!

Welcome to PC!

That's unfortunate that your brother technically gave you a distorted perception of the difficulty of Pokémon. The games aren't necessarily difficult, but they can be challenging if the levels of the Pokémon on your team are lower than the average. Even then, it might not even be too difficult getting away with beating the game you're playing. Nevertheless, I'm glad you've gotten back into the series because the games really are awesome. Do you think the games are difficult now that you've played a few? :p

And you've come to the right place to meet people who love Pokémon just as much as you! The trade corner and battle center are two very active forums which I'm sure you'll be visiting often if you're interested in trading and battling. :) PC has plenty to offer besides just those two things, so I do hope you take part in the many discussions going on all around the forums. :]

It's great to have you! If you'd ever like to chat or have any questions or at all, don't hesitate to leave a visitor's message on my profile!

See you around!

Renpuu

Gengar !
    Years
  • Welcome Elik !

I've recently started playing Pokemon White ! It's a lot of fun and I'm sure you will enjoy it =)
    The older generation games weren't challenging but they could be difficult for a younger player if they didn't know where to go or who to speak to in game.
    Plenty of members enjoy video games, technology, art and music so you'll find something in common with other members that you come across !
    Personally I am more active in the Trading card game section if you ever happen to look back at old cards and wonder what the game is like, come in and take a look !

Have fun in wonderland !

Years
  • Having now played Yellow, I don't find them incredibly difficult but I can understand how a young child would. I play with Bulbapedia open all the time and can refer to walkthroughs to point me where I need to go next when it's vague. When my brother played, he didn't have any of those resources, so he had to figure out on his own what he was supposed to do. I'm also much older now than he was then so where as he tried to beat gyms leaders with just raw strength, I can utilize more complicated strategies without needing to spend a long time grinding levels.

Back