• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Events

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Okay, I seem to be having tons of trouble here. Can someone walk me through on how to add different events to Pokemon Essentials when using the map layout in RPG Maker XP? Exspecially the sign thing. When I click to add an event I can't seem to figure out how to add in the thing where you read what's on a sign or mailbox. Like for example,'Player's House'. How do I do that?

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Use just RPG XP without Pokemon Essentials first, and try to learn the system.
    And watch and read LOTS of basic RMXP tutorials. You seem to have way too basic experience with RMXP in general to even think about using Pokemon Essentials right now.

Try to check out some dedicated RPG Maker forums and learn the program.

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    Essentials comes with a little sample world and game; have you played around with that? I also recommend studying those events and borrowing them for some of your events (no need to re-invent the wheel when some basic stuff's already there for you to use). And yeah, tutorials would be good. I just pulled up some RGSS tutorials last night, myself. XD

Back