• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Beta 2 Released] Pokemon Infernal Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
Years
This is quite a good hack :]
I enjoy playing it ... nice storyline. Yes - it needs some more work but everything with it's time :P

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
This is quite a good hack :]
I enjoy playing it ... nice storyline. Yes - it needs some more work but everything with it's time :P

Thanks, but please elaborate. :P
What improvements can I make?

Okay, screenshots of the 3rd gym puzzle. It should be easy to figure out, but if you're unsure, discuss it here. However, this doesn't mean you can spam or go off topic.

Screenshots

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Okay, I did some tileset editing and some palette editing and I've come up with a combination that I like. However, I won't be working on the lighthouse event because I don't want to map the lighthouse I want to work on some route maps. Also I insert Ruby's grass path a new grass path. :P

Screenshots

Closing word

I won't be doing as much work because I have school work to do , but I will do as much work on this hack as I can. ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
No!! I liked the snow on the rooftops! It looked really cool.
And I like the Jhoto starters the best! YOU'RE TAKING AWAY EVERYTHING I LOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, got a little too dramatic there.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2022
IMO Torchic is the only good Hoenn starter. Not really a fan of Jhoto because cyndaquil sux. But Kanto is ftw! mainly because of Charizard. I like my fire starters :D (which is why i dislike jhoto :P)

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2022
After over an hour of playing (its that damn fun)
Ive decided to stop because i remembered its beta and i didnt want to get too into it :D
The snow tiles are amazing. The map layout is also very good, the cave isnt too difficult to get through. Sometimes people make caves too damn annoying and long to get through but yours is good.
I got an old amber from the fossil game and was excited to get an aerodactyl but when i went to oaks lab in the first room, the guy said i didnt have a fossil when i did. I even had a claw fossil from the same game. Will this be fixed in the final version? or will the fossil restoration happen later in the game?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Cool!
What is the distance of the game's region to the equator?
Much? Not much?

Erm, well, look in an Atlas. :P

No!! I liked the snow on the rooftops! It looked really cool.
And I like the Jhoto starters the best! YOU'RE TAKING AWAY EVERYTHING I LOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, got a little too dramatic there.

Honestly, if you've got a problem, play another hack.

IMO Torchic is the only good Hoenn starter. Not really a fan of Jhoto because cyndaquil sux. But Kanto is ftw! mainly because of Charizard. I like my fire starters :D (which is why i dislike jhoto :P)

Okay.

Ive decided to stop because i remembered its beta and i didnt want to get too into it :D
The snow tiles are amazing. The map layout is also very good, the cave isnt too difficult to get through. Sometimes people make caves too damn annoying and long to get through but yours is good.
I got an old amber from the fossil game and was excited to get an aerodactyl but when i went to oaks lab in the first room, the guy said i didnt have a fossil when i did. I even had a claw fossil from the same game. Will this be fixed in the final version? or will the fossil restoration happen later in the game?

Thankings you.
The snow topped roofs I removed because I couldn't map nicely with those tiles but the nice thing is that there will be snow falling.

where do you go after prof pine gets kidnapped?

Talk to your mom.

the snow is a nice effect to it :D

Well, like I said no snow in roof, but there will be snow falling.

Updates

Well, I couln't access PC for a while but it's all fixed (thanks Steve, I didn't know about that infection). Yesterday I had an idea and I implmented it fairly well, so I will show you...the new berry system.

The Berry System

So basically, the berry's will be pickable like in RSE and they'll grow back naturally. The down side is that you'll not be able to plant them because they'll grow back nturally. However, you will be able to see the different stages in which they grow.

The fully grown berry, able to be picked.

The other stages of the berry growing. :3

Closing Word

Well, back to school tomorrow and hopefully I'll find the motivation to script the lighthouse event. I have done some maps which I'll show off once I finish the lighthouse event (in which you'll see the first part of Team Rocket's plans, obtain an HM, and be on the path to get a bicycle).

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

About the fossils, once I've done the main story of the beta and start on extra's then I'll do a script for the fossil guys.:P

However this time, it may be a little different.

Sweet hack,
i like how it has that Fire Red felling to it:)

Thanks. :)

I meant to ask what's the climate like and if it's a tropical region.

Well, I'm not doing geography anymore, but it probably is. The higher parts are cold but the lower you get the warmer it gets.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Berry system is looking nice. Anything you want to mention on how it works? and could you show us the other progressing berry OWs? kthnx ;)

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
Mew didn't do any 'universe creating'. He was the ancestor of all Pokemawnz.

ARCEUS made the univurs.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Berry system is looking nice. Anything you want to mention on how it works? and could you show us the other progressing berry OWs? kthnx ;)

Thanks, that's all the OWs there are. It works by taking the berry and then when you come back it'll be growing over time. However, if you don't pick the berry or ignore, after a while, the berry will die and regrow. Also, if you take a berry in a map which has two berries, the other berry will die due to a nutrient overdose. So pick your berries wisely. :3

Mew didn't do any 'universe creating'. He was the ancestor of all Pokemawnz.

ARCEUS made the univurs.

Look, all this stuff about my storyline and other things is really pissing me off so I'm gonna set it straight.

THIS IS MY HACK MEANING MY STORYLINE, NOT YOUR'S OKAY? IF IN INFERNAL LEGEND, MEW MADE THE UNIVERSE THEN THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, PLAY ANOTHER HACK. IF I HEAR THIS AGAIN, THEN I WILL CONSIDER YOUR POST AS SPAM AND I WILL NOT SHOW MY UPDATES TO ANYONE EXCEPT FRIENDS AND BETA TESTERS. COMPRENDE?

Sorry to the mods for this anger outburst, I really don't like it when people do these things. >:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
They call it creative liberty; good call. On a related note, just want to say how overall I do like the focus you have on a pretty damn good story in this hack; something that is definitely is lacking in hacks that excel in other areas.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
They call it creative liberty; good call. On a related note, just want to say how overall I do like the focus you have on a pretty damn good story in this hack; something that is definitely is lacking in hacks that excel in other areas.

Why thank you, and as an added bonus, you will witness a battle between Ho-oh and Lugia. But that's for beta 3

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Tip: remove the "a" from the Berry script.
It looks weird, because it should be an Oran Berry.
But, it would totally look cool with: There's ORAN BERRY growing on this tree.

Also, can't wait for the new beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back