• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Cape City

"Never let down! Freedom!" A rather loud Drapion was shouting out, one of the few that held up the flags that symbolized the Affiliates. The crowds of pokemon were fighting back the ancients with full force, using tactics and intelligence against them as various pokemon kept on shouting on encouragements to the other Affiliates. The high morale was aiding them as they beat back more and more Ancients. Sure some fell, but for each mon that was slain the anger of the crowd grew and they fought back an increased intensity.

As the crowd of warriors moved along there were those that broke open into the buildings that were cleared. They called out to the civilians and in some cases had to go in and drag some of the more stubborn ones out, though simply stating that if they stayed they would be killed by the Sentinels was more than enough to get them moving out. Already one exit was being cleared of the Ancient crowd as the rescurers began to funnel the newly freed pokemon toward it. Without the Sentinels up here things would go smoothly thankfully.

The city was slowly clearing out, but they would need more time to make sure to get the majority free of this enslaved area. As each area was cleared one by one the bodies of Ancients were left on the street along with a few Affiliates and the city was steadily becoming more and more of a ghost town. Building were left with wide open doors as the pokemon were pulled out. Eventually it was getting close to being done. At this point a Ralts next to the exit reached out with her mind.

Pennace… the way is clear. Still some stragglers… but we'll keep them save.

For some Penance had been sitting there with Adam and slowly he began to smile. "The way is clear Zane… go ahead and let the army go. It's all good for now." He said with his mind still concentrating on the other Affilaties still in there, "Some Ancients left but the Sentinels were left in the underground caverns, be prepared for them to come out." He said quickly.

"Right," Zane said, preparing to approach TrueStriker to be teleported away to where Paladin was, before Penance told them that the army's time had come. "Actually, you go to him. The citizens are gone, so I need to signal Belas and Hazone to approach! I'll meet you on the battlefield. Good luck to you, and watch out for the Sentinels." With a final nod to TrueStriker, the Gallade teleported away, while Zane headed out.

Zane, who was beside Penance, nodded at the confirmation. With the citizens all out of the city, the Alpha Alliance army would finally be able to lay siege to the city. It was a good thing too. Belas would have likely began to attack within a bit more allocated time, had they not heard anything from the Gold Tribe, which would have resulted in an unprecedented loss of life. Zane wouldn't have accepted that. They had sacrificed too much, bled too much to have those they swore to protect die in the crossfire. He let out a sigh of relief, letting all the worry momentarily collapse from inside him, before bouncing up and heading off. He would have to get to a high point on the city in order to give the army the signal to attack. Scanning around, he knew that he would probably not be able to reach any point within the city itself. However, if he were to climb onto the outer wall which encircled the city, he would be in a spot to give the signal. He needed to act fast. While the Sentinels were below the city, they would have the upper hand and land a critical first strike, hopefully pushing the edge and setting the pace of the rest of the battle in their advantage.

Zane headed across the city, his target was an outpost which sat at the bottom of the tower, and of which connected the wall, which ran a staircase inside of which that he could use to reach the top. All around him, the affiliates of Penance clashed with Ancients. Though they didn't have the advantage in numbers, they made up with it with tact and skill, and a will to fight. It was clear that Penance had taught them quite well. However, along the way to the opening of the outpost, a pair of Kabutops guarded, despite the chaos of the city. Having no time to engage them, Zane hammer-headed right into the two of them, the Iron Head taking effect as he felt the ribs of the first Kabutops crush, and this in turn force his body into the second one. Without seeing if they were taken out, Zane proceeded into the outpost, and up the stairs. He met some resistance along the way, an ancient or two with each level he passed as he moved inexorably to his destination on the top. A slash upon an Omastar, an Iron Head on a Cranidos, he was relentless. Zane felt himself beginning to tire as he traveled up the steps, but he didn't let up. He couldn't. He was doing this for more than himself. That was what the Gold Tribe was about, right? Sacrifice?

After a few more minutes, Zane reached the top. He panted heavily, looking beyond at the two sides of the wall. On one side, Ancients clashed with the Affiliates. On the other, the grand terrain of Valkaria lay before him. In the great distance, he could see the Thieves Forest. Beyond that, the Korhal Mountains lay spread across the landscape. But directly closer to him was the large army of the gathered Pokemon of Valkaria, ready to fight for their homeland. Zane thought for a moment, trying to figure out the best way to get their attention to know that they could charge in. He looked down on his person, thinking of something he could through or use to show a sign. He then looked down at his emblem still embedded on his shoulder. A smile crept onto his face as he recalled something Rey had told him about the emblem when he first got it.

"Long have we worn these, prominently as ever they are displayed, the shine of them able to be reflected in the greatest of distances. This serves both to warn enemies to be wary of our wrath, and to let those that we defend know we are ever vigilant in their protection."

He took off his emblem from the holster on his shoulder, then began to position it so that the sun would reflect off of it and shine towards the army. After some fixing of its position, he managed to shine it so that the light pierced off of it brilliantly, causing the light to be sent over the armies below. Zane didn't know at first if he was successful, so he continued on for a few minutes, awaiting a reaction. After almost five minutes of fiddling, however, he suddenly heard a horn blown, followed by the combined screams of thousands of Pokemon, their diverse screeches united in anticipation for the coming battle. He heard a voice, even from this distance no other Pokemon but the booming voice of Belas would have likely made it, giving final words of encouragement, before the army began its march. It was an entirely different perspective to witness such a charge from within the city, and not be on the receiving end. As the Pokemon launched at the gates, the distracted Ancients had not fortified the gates with enough Pokemon, and since the bulk of the Ancients were still below in the caverns, the Alpha Alliance army pierced through like a spear piercing flesh. They poured into the city, determined to see the end of the reign of the Silver Tribe in Cape City, where the war had begun years ago. Smiling at the thought of liberating the city, Zane proceeded down to join the forces below. The battle of Cape City was underway.

Penance chuckled as he watched the army head out and grinned at Adam, "Shall we get ready for the Aftermath?" He asked as he stood up and the psychic slowly rose as well.

"Indeed Penance. I think it's going well."

The Golduck rubbed his beak with a frown, "Yes, home is lost, but at a good charge. Eh, we have what we need so just get the forces ready. The other psychics should have recovered so let us head back. Hehe... second attempts are always better." He said as he put a hand on the Alakazam and they ported away.

Madman's Former Lair

"We need to get out of here or we will drown!" Levina had said, and Scar agreed. He wasn't the particularly best swimmer, and he doubted much of the other Sentinels were either, especially the Inferno. He ran for an exit, noticing many different caves across the lair that would no doubt take them to the surface. But quickly, the water had begun to flood the area, taking out a few of their escape options almost immediately. Scar backtracked a bit, turning around and heading for other points of escape, only to see the body of water cover most of them as well. As he looked towards the other Sentinels, he took note of those who could have a chance of escaping. The Snype/Levina pair might be quick enough to escape. Genevieve would perhaps be able to as well. D-I might have been, but Sovereign might be too hulky to escape the waters. As for the Inferno, he already thought him lost, as he was no longer with the other Sentinels, washed away in the current.

A last corridor was before them, which Scar took, scrambling out of the filling room as quickly as he could, only to find himself washed away through that path by a current. Scar chose not to fight it, instead riding it through the path. He bounced and bumped against the hard cavern multiple times, before the current came to a slower point, allowing Scar to begin swimming through. Luckily, the path led upwards, and the water hadn't reached there yet, so Scar managed to get to the dry part of the path, and gasp for air. He couldn't let up for a moment, though, as the water slowly rose higher. He scrambled to his feet, and sped off through the caverns. He didn't look back for the other Sentinels, as he figured if they were truly capable enough, they would find their own way back to the surface. He sped along, his anger of the Madman and the Gold Tribe the only thoughts in his mind. He imagined himself wringing the necks of those responsible, holding them in between his claws and watching them suffer as he squeezed the life out of them.

Soon, he thought, though the path was no indication of that. Even before his Silver Tribe induction, the paths of the Cape City caverns were difficult to traverse. They were a maze, which made the situation all that much worse. As he went higher through a particular tunnel, he began to hear the sounds of intense battling above. Scar knew this couldn't have been the sounds of mere clashes with the Affiliates. No, it was a war going on. The Alpha Alliance had come, and all of the Sentinels were stuck below in these blasted caves, or dead! Likely, the battle wouldn't progress too well if the Sentinels weren't there to lead them. This must have been their plan all along, and they had fallen into it. But the mistake they had made was not ensuring that all of them were dead. When Scar reached the battlefield, and if any of the other Sentinels reached there too, it would mark the end of their trifling efforts.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign
[After the meeting]
"I feel wonderful," Sovereign said to Vera as his eyes flashed a deep red. Vera knew she was no longer talking to Sovereign. The tone of his voice, and the shifting eye color signified that something was wrong.

"Who are you? What have you done with Sovereign?"

"Hahahaaa. Such a pretty girl. It's unfortunate that I have to kill you."

A brief window of realization as Sovereign swung his tail at Vera with great ferocity! "Varren!" She charged him, ready to strike, but Varren knew what she was planning.

"Ha! You think you can crush me! This body belongs to The Crusher!" Black tendrils caught her, mid flow. "This will be slow. And it will be very painful. I promise you that..."

The earth quaked, as a crack formed in the middle of nowhere. It bulged, leaking water, and erupted with a stream of darkness rising from the depths. The wicked tendrils plunged into the earth in all directions, gripping tight as they pulled a mass of rock from underground. As the rock collapsed, it revealed the shape of Sovereign, a Sentinel of the Silver Tribe army, soaked with water. "I never knew water could hurt so much," he said with a wince. For the mind inside his head was not his own, and was not familiar with Sovereign's most common weakness.

A sharp pain afflicted his head! "Guaaaaah!" Varren struggled to maintain control, but eventually the red faded from Sovereign's eyes, and the tendrils evaporated into nothing but air.

Sovereign panted. As he looked around, he realized he had no clue where he was, or for that matter, how he got there. Even the water which now stung his body was a mystery. He let himself collapse to the ground. Uncertain of what it was he would do. He was just glad to be back to himself. "I need to get rid of Varren. Fast..."

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Levina ~ Tunnels
Levina yelped in pain as the weight of Snype landed on her back. She didn't expect such a tiny Pokemon to land with such force. "Let's move!" He shouted. With that Levina took off down a tunnel at full speed. The water raged and splashed as it chased after the duo through the maze of passageways. Levina looked back only once when she felt the rapids lick her heels. "Crap, crap, crap, crap! This is not good!!" She sputtered as she took a sharp turn by running up the wall and landing back on the ground. Levina kept on running. She didn't know where she was going and at times couldn't see a thing. All she knew is she couldn't stop or both of them would be dead.

"Snype are you still with me?" Levina called back to her partner. Slowly, as the time passed, the sound of the gushing water softened to a trickle before disappearing completely. Levina ran one more length of tunnel before coming to a halt and collapsing to the ground in complete exhaustion. The sounds of her pants echoed slightly in the dimly lit passageway. She was done for, for a while. Levina had never ran like that before and shook slightly from the adrenalin still coursing through her veins. "That……sucked……big……time……" She panted and closed her eyes to rest.

Allora ~ Cape City
"I've been in worse situations." Accatosh smiled at Allora before retaliating against the Abomasnow. Allora stood back and watched in awe at Accatosh's power. Not only did he survive three direct Ice Beams but he also managed to take down a close Sentinel level Pokemon with ease. "Thanks for the help Shadow Protector," he said with a bow of his head, "come on let's catch up with Paladin." Accatosh stated, offering his back to Allora. "I didn't really do much," she giggled, "you took down that Abomasnow like he was a Caterpie." Allora gently proceeded onto Accatosh's back and sat ready for flight. "How did you managed to get so strong?"

Years
  • Seen today
Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Corronis

"I didn't really do much," Allora giggled, "you took down that Abomasnow like he was a Caterpie." Allora gently proceeded onto Accatosh's back and sat ready for flight. "How did you managed to get so strong?"

Accatosh, after Allora had gotten onto his back, lepped into the sky, flapped his wings, eventualy breaking the ice around his frozen wing. while they were in the air, Accatosh responded to Allora's question, "Paladin's training... that was the most rigorous experience ever... and when I was training at the Gold Tribe Academy, here in Cape City... and the job I was to be performing required this much... most of it was due to me being trained by Paladin." Accatosh saw Paladin, Veletra, and Truestriker all on a rooftop. Accatosh brought them in to land, and landed gently, as if he had landed on a pillow.

Accatosh turned to Paladin, "did you have to call me 'boy'," he asked, in an almost joking manner. Then his expression turned serious as he saw Veletra, dying from poisoning. Accatosh, laied his body down near her, "thank you, Veletra, for all the help you have done," he said lowering his head in respect, "don't give up, fight it," he encouraged, "let us help you."

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Varren (Sovereign's alter ego)
After the meeting

"We can't have witnesses, can we?" Varren's black tendrils shot out on both sides, piercing the hide of the two Ancients who had helped Vera carry Sovereign up to his quarters. The two were instantaneously eviscerated, leaving only two piles of flesh, and a large spray of blood. "Let's get started, shall we?"

A bundle of tendrils burst from his left hand, resembling a cat o' nine tails. "If you scream, I'll gut you. Can't be attracting attention," he said before striking her the first time with the whip.

Vera groaned. The pain was seething. It was something more than just a whip. There was darkness mixed in with the strikes. "You're sick."

"Oh please. Is that any way for a lady to talk?" Varren striked her again. Blood began to drip to the floor. "Believe it or not, I'm doing Sovereign a favor right now." Another crack of the whip, the pain growing with every strike. "You're holding him back. Erratt is trying to use you to unleash Sovereign's inner monster. We both don't want that. If you die, and he witnesses it, he will be far beyond saving. It's better if I just kill you now, and make him forget all about you."

Varren paused. "What does that mean?" asked Vera, barely able to speak.

"It means that once Sovereign comes to, he won't remember you. You'll just be a footnote. Another casualty in a meaningless war."

"I don't think so. Me and Sovereign... You can't just break a bond like that, Varren. Do you even know what it's like to have a friend?"

"Friends?! Don't make me laugh! You two only stayed together out of convenience! You try so hard to save him, but how much do you really know about Sovereign? He would rather put his faith in a ***** who rejects him than put it in you. He won't even know it til it's too late. His only choice is darkness, and I will give it to him!" He yelled as he continued to whip her...

Then, for a moment, time seemed to stop. The embrace of death was near. Vera was ready to accept her fate, but she knew she was leaving so much unfinished. then, she heard a voice. It was only a soft whisper in her ear, but it was comforting. "It is not your time yet..."

With her remaining energy, she looked up at Varren, now mid swing. Her eyes were defiant, as streams of air swirled around her. "Brave... Bird..." She whispered. She pulled against the grip of the tendrils, tucking her arms and legs into her body. As she released, a vortex of air cut through the bindings, releasing her. Varren was left stunned, he hadn't expected this much energy from her.

While the moment was fresh, she bolted past Varren, making for the exit. He didn't follow. "She won't get far out there..."

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype desperately hung on to Levina as the rapids continued to approach closer and closer. If it weren't for Levina being around then he had to admit, the water would catch him for sure. He'd possibly be dead by now. His small body wouldn't be able to handle the rushing current of water. He was twisted and evil sure, but he had to thank Levina at least for saving his butt. Snype watched as the water was approaching closer. He wasn't even sure if the others were anywhere near them. Heck they could have all been separated. What mattered right now though was staying alive.

They eventually got out of that flood. Levina was extremely exsausted from it all and Snype was soaking wet. He rolled off of Levina and panted in exhaustion. "Hah... w...we make... a good team... huh...? Snype said in exsaustion. He shook Levina a little. "You alright over there?" He asked her.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Cape City

Paladin smiled. Was that even possible? As far as he could tell, the Golurk had no mouth to smile with, but a small spark of happiness did ignite within him when Accatosh mentioned being called 'boy.' In the past, Accatosh and Paladin had helped each other often. Accatosh had helped Paladin to overcome his fear of dragons, whereas Paladin had taught Accatosh everything he needed to know to become powerful. The training had been extreme, but it was apparent that Blitzkrieg had become a fine Gold Tribesman. Presently, he was encouraging Veletra to pull through. Paladin turned his attention back to the Gallade who had teleported to him almost as soon as he had sent him his location. The Gallade held three berries in his hand. The sight of them gave Paladin a new sense of hope. "She's in terrible condition, she needs the berries now," Paladin said to the Gallade. Now that the Pokemon stood before him, he could easily tell that he was of the Gold Tribe, and that there was nothing to fear. Paladin led his fellow Gold Tribesman over to the half-dead Veletra. She was now coughing up poisonous fumes, and her breathing was a pathetic sort of wheezing noise. "Quickly, the berries," Paladin hastily said. He swiftly took one of the berries from the Gallade and gave it to Veletra. After a short moment, she appeared to be feeling better, sighing and closing her eyes. Her breath seemed more relaxed. Though she was still awake, she rested for a moment. "Give her the rest of the berries. It seems to be working," Paladin said. "I'll be right back."

Paladin couldn't help but notice Allora just standing there. In fact, he'd noticed her all along, but he'd simply been too hurried to acknowledge her existence. "Hey, kid," he said, addressing her. "Veletra's fine. The Gallade brought some berries. How're you holding up?"

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign

There was a ringing in his ears. All sound around Sovereign had been replaced by a single, solitary, ringing. He looked all around for a source, but the sound seemed to be coming from within.

A voice. It spoke, cutting through the unknown sound. "Have you forgotten?" He turned to see figure cloaked in black. There was no face, it was shrouded in darkness. "How can you forget the ones who matter most?"

"What did I forget?" Sovereign asked the figure.

"It's impossible to remember what we do not know. And what you know has been taken from you. The shadow inside you stole it from you." Sovereign was confused.

"How can I figure any of this out if you keep speaking in riddles? Where am I? I need to get back to Cape City." Sovereign paused. "Back to the other Sentinels..." Somehow it felt as if his priorities were out of place. Something was missing, but he wasn't sure what? "What did I forget?"

"We can only remember the things we know. Do you know me?" The figure seemed to be moving farther away from Sovereign, but did not walk. He tried to move closer, but the closer he got, the further it seemed he had to go.

"Who are you!?" Sovereign yelled.

"I am your end. And I am your beginning..." The shape faded away, leaving no trace. Sovereign stopped running.

"In order to save your self... you must remember... but the cost of your memory may be your own soul... can you become a monster to save me... or will your dragon save you from total despair...?" Sovereign found the cloaked figure standing behind him. It was still as he reached out and grabbed it's hood. He pulled it back, revealing the face of a small Blaziken, with pale feathers. "The choice is yours, Sovereign."

In an instant, she was gone, and Sovereign was alone again. With nothing in all directions.

Years
Levina ~ Tunnels
There was a few moments of silence before a small sound emitted from Levina. The sound grew louder and louder until it echoed; she was laughing. Gasping for air between laughs, Levina rolled around on the ground. "Wow that was a rush! I'm doing ok. Just tired. Hehe. How are you doing short stuff?" Levina bumped Snype with her paw and chuckled once again before finally catching her breath. "So where do you think we are at relative to the city?" Levina looked around from where she is laying and couldn't see much. With the light that filtered down she was lucky to see a hundred feet. "I wonder if everyone else is dead…what do you think?"

Allora ~ Cape City
"Paladin's training... that was the most rigorous experience ever... and when I was training at the Gold Tribe Academy, here in Cape City... and the job I was to be performing required this much... most of it was due to me being trained by Paladin." Accatosh responded to Allora's question. "Paladin's training? He trained you? Hmm…I didn't think Paladin was that old, hehe." Allora quietly mumbled to Accatosh and became silent when he landed beside Paladin and Veletra. Allora heard Accatosh say something about a boy and gracefully jumped off his back. She watched as he laid down beside Veletra, "thank you, Veletra, for all the help you have done, don't give up, fight it," he encouraged, "let us help you."

Allora watched as Paladin walked between the Gallade that was with them and Veletra. She noticed that a few berries passed hands between them and let out a relieved sigh. Veletra was going to be ok. Allora's attention drew to Paladin as he approached her. "Hey, kid," he said, "Veletra's fine. The Gallade brought some berries. How're you holding up?" Allora sat down and her tails returned to their normally hypnotic pattern for the first time since she met Paladin. "I'm really happy she is going to be ok. We managed to save her Paladin!" Allora smiled at her friend. "I am doing ok. I um……" She hesitated and lowered her voice so only Paladin could hear. "I…I…I am so sorry Paladin. I'm sorry I burdened you. It seems like you were always rescuing me and saving me from things while you got hurt. I'm so sorry I wasn't stronger." Allora dropped her head and turned her gaze to the ground. "I promise you I will be stronger. I will uphold the name of the Gold Tribe."

Megaman765

Years
Snype looked around. The others didn't seem to make it to where they were... not yet anyways. Maybe they were alright or maybe they were dead. Who knows. They fell for their trap and now everyone was currently scattered and away from the city. Levina finally came to and let out a loud laugh. Snype decided to laugh along with her. He ended up laying down next to Levina as he was pretty beat as well. Levina had it alot rougher. He was starting to appreciate having a companion.

"Dunno... They might be close by. This place is like a maze so no telling if we'll find them... and no telling how we're supposed to get out of here. The Gold Tribe and the Madman's men probably think we're dead so we could have an advantage there... phew..." Snype said, letting out a couple of breaths. "Kehe, good to see your alright though." He said, giving a playful jab to her arm.

Years
  • Seen today

Veletra was fed a berry and her health improved greatly, Paladin ordered the other berries be fed to her, Accatosh took the rest of the berries from Paladin, gently fed them to Veletra and let her rest. Accatosh heard Paladin speak with Allora about how she was holding up, she was doing fine... then she whispered something that Accatosh couldn't hear... and didn't try to for that matter. Accatosh then stood, stretching out a little, and used a little fire blast to free his foot from the rest of the ice. Accatosh walked over to the corner of the rooftop and glanced over the battlefield. he saw the Alpha Alliance army had entered the city walls, and along side the 'Madman's Affiliates' freeing the city. Accatosh looked around, there were Civilians being saved by both Affiliates and the Alliance troops. "Paladin," Accatosh called over, as he looked at a particular group of hostage civilians going to be slaughtered by Ancients, "you up to save some lives?"

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
~~~~~

"Give her the rest of the berries. It seems to be working," Paladin said. "I'll be right back."

Hanso nodded and moved to do so, but Accatosh took over for him without a word. Just a few berries, and Veletra looked better already. All the same, Hanso doubted that a single berry would be enough to get rid of all the poison immediately; Veletra would need a professional to look after her soon.

Glancing at the other three Gold Tribesmen, Hanso pinned down an earlier thought. Paladin the Golurk, an older member of the Gold Tribe. Thinking back, however, the Gallade could not recall a single instance before the war in which Paladin had looked like...well, like half of him was cursed or something. That aside, he and this Ninetails showed up just hours earlier. Heh, I may not be too surprised if we find Gold Tribe hiding in Silver City, at the rate we've been going.

"H-l- m-..."

Hanso cocked his head, slightly ignoring the others for the moment. There was something there. Curious, he extended his mind in search of the faint thought. Nothing...wait.

"Help me..."

Now he was sure that he was hearing someone's thoughts. Probably not in good condition, if their thoughts are faint and wandering. Hanso followed the thought's 'trail' in his mind's eye, tracking it down to a nearby alley. He couldn't actually see who it was, but something about the mind rung a bell. Looking back down at Veletra, then at the others, Hanso lifted his hands and formed a ball of energy. He concentrated for a moment before releasing a Heal Pulse for Veletra, then for each of the other three in turn.

"Veletra shouldn't die this moment," Hanso said, "but you'll need to get a professional to look at her." Without another word, the Gallade walked to the side of the building and looked down, tracing the thoughts again. He teleported to the top of the next building in one direction, but the trail grew a little colder. After briefly 'porting back to Paladin's building, then to the one on the opposite side, Hanso looked down into the alley below him.

The Blaziken? This was the second time he'd seen the pale-feathered Blaziken in person, and she had been healthier the first time. Hanso climbed down to where she lied, seeing that she was in bad condition, to put it one way. "What happened to you?" Hanso asked quietly, half-sitting on a patch of rubble as he formed a Heal Pulse that melted into the Blaziken's body. It was all he could really do, other than find someone who could mend Vera's wounds. Brynn came to mind, but he wasn't sure where she was now.

Looking at the Blaziken closely, without touching, Hanso frowned. There was something off about them...as if he sensed something other than what was visible. He also realized they didn't even look like real battle-wounds, since the placement seemed too wrong to be such.

"Wait. If she's here in Cape City, then where's Sovereign?"

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos

"This isn't your time..."

Vera felt warmth. It felt like the first time in ages. How long had she been laying there, bleeding into the alley way? She could see a face, but couldn't quite make it out. Her vision was still blurry, probably from the blood loss. She could hear his voice, thought it seemed so distant.

"W..."
"If... h... ape City"
"then where's Sovereign?"

She reached out and pulled him close.

"We have to stop him!" And then, everything went black...

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Cape City

Paladin listened to Allora as she talked. It seemed that she truly wanted to live up to her title as Shadow Protector, and that Paladin had been doing the job for her. Despite the fact that the two had only met earlier that day, in the midst of all this chaos, the Golurk found Allora to be one of the most reliable allies right now. He knew most of the other Gold Tribe members, that was true, and with some, he shared a very special connection, like with Accatosh, but that was in another life. A life before all this. Allora and Paladin had met under very different circumstances, and she was the first member of the Gold Tribe he'd met since his amnesia, which made her special to him, in a way. Like partners. "Well, Allora..." he began, thinking for a moment. What he had in mind was rather far fetched, but it might just work. "You have psychic abilities, don't you? I think we can put them to good use. If you really want to help, is there any way that you can access my mind with your powers? Maybe...bring back memories, or even get rid of...this?" he asked, glancing at his dark side. "I don't know, it seems like a bit of a long shot, but it's worth a try." Just then, things began stirring in Paladin's mind; more memories. He tried to blot out the migraine that accompanied the resurfacing of memories, and paid attention to what they were about. Many memories of his training at the H.A.S came back to him, as well as memories of his childhood. His mentor, and adopted father, Gabe Kellan, had reared him to be an honorable Gold Tribesman since he'd found him rotting in the streets of Gold City after his parents abandoned him. In the H.A.S, he'd met various other members of the Gold Tribe...who were probably dead by now. Still, some were alive. After he had finished his training in the H.A.S, he had gone on to become a respected member of the Gold Tribe. At some point, however, he could feel a memory of great sadness...it was the day that Gabe had died. He had been killed...during a routine mission to the mountains, by...a monster. The details were hazy, but of that group of Gold Tribesmen, Paladin had been the only survivor that day. A few months after that, he'd met Accatosh, and taken him as his apprentice before he even graduated from the H.A.S, pulling him out of his regular school routine and training him rigorously every day. This was due to the great potential he'd seen in the Salamence, and he'd been right. During this time, he'd also met Zane, and fought alongside him many times. However, only a couple of years after, the Silver Tribe and the Ancients had arrived, and Auron had turned on them. The next memory that came was, at the very least, enigmatic. Paladin stood in an empty field, the great sight of a city behind him. Before him, Auron stood. Both of them simply stared at each other. The great Dragon still wasn't big enough to match the Golurk's size, but Paladin could feel the intimidating aura coming from him. It was something...unnatural. The memory ended just after Auron unsheathed his claws and lunged at him.

So...he had fought Auron. Interesting. The city from the background seemed to be that of Gold City, but he couldn't be sure. He came back to reality, realizing that he still stood before Allora. "Um..." he mumbled, wondering if he had just been standing there motionless for a few minutes. "Paladin," someone called out. It was Accatosh, he was at the edge of the roof, staring down at something, "you up to save some lives?" Paladin nodded in his direction. "Yes, yes I am," he replied. He looked in Allora's direction once more. "It'll have to wait, I suppose. Take care of Veletra, I'll be right back."

Paladin came to Accatosh's side. "Well, come on, boy, show me your training has paid off," he said in a mocking tone. With that, he jumped right off the side of the roof. His immense form dropped down to the ground, and in a powerful combination of gravity and weight, Paladin crashed down onto the ground, crushing two smaller Ancients as he went down. All Pokemon surrounding him, civilians included, fell to the ground. In total, there were about ten Ancients: two Bastiodon, a Kabutops, three Rampardos, and four Aerodactyl. The Aerodactyl would be easier for Accatosh to take care of, since he could easily fly after them, so Paladin focused on the Bastiodon. One of them paid no mind to Paladin's dramatic entrance, and, in all his stupidity, got back up from the ground and charged at one of the civilians. Paladin lunged at him, holding him back in mid-charge. As soon as he'd managed to stop the Ancient, he grabbed his shield-like head and crushed it with a Hammer Arm. The Bastiodon looked dazed, but his face was made of the strongest materials on earth, so it wouldn't be that easy. Instead, Paladin moved over to the Bastiodon's side before he had a time to react, and attacked his back with a Hammer Arm. The sickening snap of breaking bones could be heard before the Bastiodon fell to the ground, dead.

The other Bastiodon, seriously enraged, charged at Paladin. The Golurk had only just turned around before the Bastiodon had charged into him, and smashed him into the wall of the building on which the others stood. Paladin tried to Shadow Punch the Bastiodon, who still had its face pinning Paladin to the wall, but his fist bumped harmlessly off the Bastiodon's shield. Instead, Paladin decided to try something different. He retracted the hands on his arms, semi-ready to get into a flying position, but then ignited the rockets in his arms and aimed them straight at the Bastiodon. The sheer intensity of the rockets blinded the Bastiodon, giving Paladin the optimal chance to strike. He pushed the blinded, grunting Bastiodon aside and got up. He then proceeded to grab the Bastiodon by the tail. With difficulty, Paladin picked up the pathetic monster and began spinning around, the Bastodion become lighter and lighter the more he did so. At exactly the right time, he released the Bastiodon, sending it flying with great force into two Rampardos. All three flew back, most likely dead.

Paladin looked up at his former apprentice on the building. "Your turn."

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
((Posting for SV.))

Cape City

Zane leapt from the top of the wall, and landed on a taller building close to it. He could instantly feel the chill of the mountain air around him, a signal that he probably shouldn't stay here long, as he may freeze to death. He proceeded down the side of the building, grabbing hold of any windows or ledges along the way carefully. From about halfway down of the building, Zane jumped onto a smaller home, and proceeded along a string of them as he looked to join his brothers and sisters in combat. The flood of Alpha Alliance soldiers caused quick commotion everywhere, Belas clearly wishing to make the first strike count the most, and it seemed to be successful for the moment. With absolutely no Sentinels in view, it appeared they had the momentary advantage, and had to make use of it as best as they could.

Jumping down from the rooftop he was one, Zane tackled right into a pair of Kabutops, striking them on the tops of their heads with Aerial Ace in neat precision. The two quickly fell onto the marble streets of the city, likely dead before they even touched the ground from their head injuries. The group of Ancients traveling beside the two suddenly reacted, all turning around to face the Bisharp attacker. There were three other Kabutops, two Omanytes, two Rampardos, and a Bastiodon. Seeing himself surrounded, Zane decided it would be best to aim for the bigger foes. The Bastiodon charged, and the others did quickly after. In order to avoid the others' attacks, Zane leapt into the air, landing right on the back of the charging Bastiodon, who now began to struggle to get him off. He held on tight, though, charging up his attack, and then performing a close-up Aerial Ace right in the back of the beast, who still struggled for a few more moments, before going wild in its final seconds of life to try to hopelessly cause as much damage as it could. Unfortunately, the foes it targeted were the trio of Kabutops, hitting one directly with a tackle, while falling down, crushing a second one. Zane quickly jumped off the back of the beast and without any hesitation, rammed into the third Kabutops with an Iron Head, likely crushing the rib cage of the beast, as Zane could distinctly hear not just the breaking, but the complete shattering of those bones. The four that remained looked upon their fallen comrades, then towards each other, before electing to charge at once towards him. Zane met their charge with one of his own, matching the tackles of the Rampardos with his Iron Head, the two clashing for a moment, before the stronger of the two groups emerged to be Zane, taking down the larger opponents by the head. He landed one the ground, the momentum of the attack causing him still to fall down. However, as the Bisharp collided with the two Rampardos, the Omanytes prepared a pair of Bubblebeams, charging them up and sending them towards Zane in a power combo attack. With no time to dodge and no where to run, Zane lifted his hands in the preparation of the attack.

Yet a Gold Tribe member is always said to have at least one other watching his back. Meeting the waves of potent bubbles was an attack Zane was all too familiar with. Appearing to emerge from the clouds above, a lightning-quick Thunder clashed down on the ground, in between the attack and Zane, blocking the attack successfully in an unorthodox use of the attack as a shield. This defensive-minded offensive attack was a traditional attack invented by the Reed family, stretching over two centuries. Adam "Rey" Reed held the attack last, before he passed it to his daughter, Lyn "Guardia" Reed. And as he suspected, Zane found himself looking into the smirking face of his friend Guardia.

"Looks like I had to come in and play hero again, huh Vigil?" She said to him, offering a hand up to lift the Bisharp off the ground. Zane accepted, and stood up with the help of the Zangoose. "Thanks," Zane said to her, smiling.

"Save them for now, you'll probably have to thank me a thousands times more over the rest of this battlefield. Come on, we're just getting started!" She yelled eagerly, making her way into the turmoil of the battle. Zane followed, ever eagerly searching around for more of his comrades. He believed he spotted Sword and Shield further ahead, picking apart smaller Ancients like toothpicks. Close to him, Dryad fought with her own enemies. The others were likely across the battlefield themselves. However, while Zane got distracted watching for others, he lost track of Guardia, who likely recklessly as ever charged right into the thick of it all. Shaking his head, Zane sped forward, continuing to clash with Ancients all around.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign

Sovereign's focus broke to the sounds of combat in the distance. The battle for Cape City had begun without him. But now he knew where he needed to go.

But he knew he was forgetting something. Something important. Something dire. Something-

No time to worry about such things now though. The only thing that mattered was getting back to Cape City.

Hesitation gripped Sovereign's very soul. A powerful dragon stood before him. Something beyond words, a power so strong that he could not match. Sovereign had lost the fight. He had held his own against Auron for longer than any had before. This dragon belonged to the Gold Tribe. Or so Sovereign thought. He had heard of them from his father, so many years ago. But Auron was here, not as a representative of the Gold Tribe. He was building his own army. And he had chosen the monster who had conquered the mountains.

For a moment, Sovereign was reminded of his oath. The visage of this mighty dragon brought back memories of grand statues in Draco Temple. He wasn't supposed to be here. He was supposed to be protecting his father's charge. But how could he return to a place he had soiled with his own father's blood...?

"I must remain loyal to Auron..." Sovereign's resolve was thinning, as he went on. "Or else it was all for nothing. I must go on. I have to-"

Cape City was finally in view. He smiled. The only thing that could keep him from giving up now was a good fight. "-CRUSH THEM ALL!!!"

Years
  • Seen today

Paladin responded with a yes, then when he got over to Accatosh's side he said in a mocking tone, "Well, come on, boy, show me your training has paid off," Accatosh could only smile at the mockery statement, as he watched Paladin start and end a fight, the Golurk being frighteningly large, frightened the Ancients and Civilians to the ground... although the Ancients being not very wise started charging the Civilians in an attempt to kill.

Paladin dealt with them easily... the only things he couldn't deal with was the pathetic flying Ancients, the Aerodactyl. After a while Paladin looked up at Accatosh, "Your turn."

Accatosh jumped into the air, and flew to the level the Aerodactyl were at. the Ancients being focused on Paladin didn't even see Accatosh. Accatosh went behind the closest Aerodactyle he could, grabbed a hold of it with his front talons, the creature cried out calling the other's to it's attention. Accatosh then flew straight up, he turned around, and entered a steep dive towards the pursuing Aerodactyl. at the last second he released the one he had a hold of which pounded heads with one of the closest of them. the sound of them colliding sounded like the cracking if not smashing of skulls and it was possible that they had definite brain damage, if they weren't dead. the two mindless pokemon fell to the ground, smashing into it, if they weren't dead earlier they were certainly dead now.

Accatosh glanced at Paladin and saw a Rampardos trying to be sneaky and flank him, Accatosh without a thought, sent a powerful orb of Dragon Rage right into the creature's face, sending it several feet away, and probably cracking it's skull.

Accatosh then turned his attention to the two still pursuing Aerodactyl. He thought for a moment, then as they approached Accatosh smacked one in the jugular with his tail and twisted out of the way of the other, sending it flying into the Kabutops, the force of the Aerodactyl probably at least critically injured both. Accatosh then wrapped his tail around the last Aerodactyl's neck and sent it flying at the injured Arodactyle and Kabutops. because of the Kabutops' hard shell, the two now dead Arodactyls had wounded and trapped the creature. Accatosh landed next to Paladin, "I think it's your move now," he said in a semi-mocking/ sarcastic tone to Paladin.

Last edited:

Years
Levina ~ Tunnels
"Hey!" Levina growled and let out a sigh before finally relaxing. "You do have a point. We could be wondering around down here for days. Maybe we can find one of those Ancient dudes and have them show us out of here. I guess we just try to find our way up until then." Levina's ears perked up at a loud bang that rang out. "Sounds like the war has officially started and we are stuck down here. This sucks!" She pouted and looked at Snype. "So how are you doing? You took quite the blast back there. It was funny to see you go flying. Hehe." Levina smirked kind of evil at him.

Allora ~ Cape City Roof
"Well, Allora..." Paladin spoke, taking some time to think. "You have psychic abilities, don't you? I think we can put them to good use. If you really want to help, is there any way that you can access my mind with your powers? Maybe...bring back memories, or even get rid of...this?" he asked, glancing at his dark side. "I don't know, it seems like a bit of a long shot, but it's worth a try." Just then the light that shone in Paladin's eyes dimmed as if his mind was taken somewhere distant. Allora watched this phenomena happen and realized it was the same thing that has been happening to Paladin for a while now. "Paladin?" She whispered to him but knew she wasn't going to get a response. "Um..." Paladin mumbled after a few moments. The blank look on his face was replaced with one of confusion. Allora smiled at her friend. "Paladin," Accatosh called, "you up to save some lives?" "Yes, yes I am," Paladin responded and addressed Allora once again. "It'll have to wait, I suppose. Take care of Veletra, I'll be right back." Allora nodded as if giving Paladin a salute. "She is in good hands. Go get them!"

Allora followed Paladin to the other side of the roof but stopped beside Veletra's. She watched as her friend jumped off the side of the building and the sounds of battle started. Allora laid beside Veletra and watched her breathing. It was still shallow but was the best that Allora has seen from her since she was poisoned. After a few minutes passed Veletra stirred and started mumbling something. Allora had a hard time hearing and laid her head on her paws to get closer. "I……heard……what Paladin asked……have you……tried to enter……someone's mind……before?" Allora shook her head a bit and whispered gently, "No I haven't. I have heard of other Ninetales having amazing psychic abilities that rival those of psychic Pokemon but they are normally elders that have a ton of experience under them. The most I have used my abilities is when I projected the scenes, which my family danced to, to the audience. I never have used them to enter another Pokemon's mind." Veletra took a deep breath and strained to sit up. "Veletra please don't get up. You need to rest." Allora sat up and helped to support Veletra with her paw. "Oh shut it young one……I am not going……to lie here like……a bump on a log." Veletra sort of snapped. Allora couldn't help but admire Veletra's strength. Here she was severely poisoned and yet she still had fight in her.

After taking a few seconds to catch her breath, Veletra motioned for Allora to sit in front of her. "Now I will show you how……to do it by entering……your mind. Try to……relax and observe." With that Veletra's eyes began to glow. In what seemed like a blink of the eye, Allora and Veletra were transported to a new place. Allora blinked a few times in awe as she took in the surroundings. The sky was painted with the most beautiful night scene ever. Millions of stars sparkled like glitter across it. The floor was like a mirror, projecting a reverse image of all that it saw. The floor made it hard to grasp where the end, if there was an end, to this area was and where it began. Any sound that was made in the room echoed like they were in a giant cave. Floating around the room where hundreds of decorative picture frames that were about the size of a Wailmer. Some of the frames were very beautiful and ornate while others where old and falling apart. Upon further investigation, Allora noticed that each of these picture frames held a snapshot of a moment in her life. The newer ones showed events that had just recently happened while the older frames showed events that happened when she was a child. "Are these……my memories?" Allora whispered in surprise. "Yes. Each one of these frames holds a memory that you have created." Veletra responded, "Come over here."

Allora followed Veletra to an area where many of the frames were broken or worn down. Selecting one of the frames, Veletra gently touched the center of it. The picture that adorned the frame rippled before sending out a blinding white light. When Allora opened her eyes again she saw a completely new area. Two young Vulpix were playing in a patch of flowers. One was of normal color and the other was more of a yellow-ish, tan color. "That……" Allora gasped in surprise. "That was the day of my mother's birthday. My sister and I went to that field to pick a bouquet of flowers for her." "Mmmm Hmmm." Veletra nodded in agreement.

"So I have the ability to relive my memories?"

"In a way…"

"But can't they…I mean me and my sister, see us?"

"No. For you see we don't exist in this world. To them this is their present. They are living their lives in this memory. See…" Veletra drew Allora's attention away from the two Vulpix. Upon placing her gaze upon Veletra, Allora saw that she was transparent and ghost like; no pun intended. "I see…so can I see all of my memories?" Allora spoke almost dazed like.

"Not all of them."

"How come?"

"There are those memories that were either filled with pain or tragedy that your conscious has locked away. These memories are harder to access and harder to bring up. There are also those memories where only bits and pieces of them are left. They aren't complete memories anymore."

"What happened to them?"

"No one knows for sure. Many believe it is the 'healing power of time' that has done it."

"'Healing power of time?'"

"Yes. You know how you forget memories and events as time progresses? Like things that happened to you when you were a tiny baby. Well we believe that memories have age limits on them just like Pokemon. The first memories grow old and are eventually forgotten. Or in other words……they die."

"Can new memories die? Like in Paladin's situation?"

"Oh no. New memories can only be erased by very special means. A very powerful psychic must eliminate the memory in order for that to happen. In Paladin's case……I believe his memories are just hidden from him by 'that' which has taken over that side of his body. Depending on what 'that' is, you and Paladin might have a mental battle on your hands..."

"I see……"

"Well enough for now. It's time for you to try this technique on me and to practice controlling your power." As soon as Veletra made that statement the entire area that surrounded them was engulfed by that blinding white light. Allora blinked a few times and realized that they were back on the roof. Veletra was hunched over coughing up a black-ish, purple liquid. Allora assumed it was poison that was in the lungs. "Are you ok?" she asked concerned. "I am……ok……don't……worry." Veletra gasped and finally calmed her cough. "Now young one……it's your turn to……try that technique on me."

"Ok. Here we go." Allora sat in front of Veletra. Allora's eyes began to glow bright blue and a blue aura appeared around her body as she tried to enter Veletra's mind. Allora was able to access her mind for a few seconds before she was dragged back into reality. "Dang! I had it!" Veletra laughed a little. "That was good for your first time. Keep trying." Allora tried again and continued to train with Veletra while waiting for Paladin to finish.

Megaman765

Years
Snype nodded to Levina. They had to find a way out of this tunnel. Or better yet, figure out just where the rest of the Gold Tribe was before things escalated any worse. The problem was where did they begin... as far as they knew, they were stranded down here. Snype's ears also perked from the explosion up above. Things weren't looking food for the Silver Tribe but they couldn't give up now... they just needed a direction to head off to first. Perferably above ground. However the whole area was a labyrinth and probably uncharted. They could go in blindly and possibly never be found again.

Snype mirked to Levina and patted her back. "Kehe, aw sure. That's why you came back to save me isn't it?" He said with a wink. "Comon admit it, your gettin soft."

Years
Levina ~ Tunnels
"I only saved you because the others are horrible company. I need someone to pick on or I'll go insane." Levina coldly said before sitting on top of him like she did before. It was a sorry attempt to hide the fact that she had become attached to her little partner in time. "You better not expect me to carry you all the way in these tunnels………maybe I should make you carry me for a change." Levina grinned and let out a cackling laugh. "So what do you think we should do? Think we could blast our way out of here without causing a cave in? Or should we go see if the water has drained out of the tunnel?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back