• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhize

Topsy-Turvy
Years
Eh, I like sooome Pokemon RPs. I hate describing Poke Battles and RPing as a Poke. Prefer Other.

Just wanted to pop in and say I am absolutely amazed by the quality of the RPs here. On my previous forum you occasionally found one as well thought out as these. I suppose this is the product of implementing the getting-your-RP-approved system. (I used to be on Marriland.)

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Eh, I like sooome Pokemon RPs. I hate describing Poke Battles and RPing as a Poke. Prefer Other.

Just wanted to pop in and say I am absolutely amazed by the quality of the RPs here. On my previous forum you occasionally found one as well thought out as these. I suppose this is the product of implementing the getting-your-RP-approved system. (I used to be on Marriland.)

On the subject of matter, I have no preference from one over another. Although, so far, I´ve joined more Other RPs than I have joined Pokémon ones.

As for this little quote, hello there Rhize :D

The RPs do in fact seem to hold a higher standard when compared to other sites where there are Roleplays at. Add to that the fact that this forum in particular could be one of the friendliest around (and I mean it, most other forums are mean as Mr. Grinch, and that stops being funny after seven or so snarky threads).

I suppose you´re already acquainted with the Roleplay scene, but, regardless, here´s a link to the Roleplay Library, where all currently active RPs are listed should you want to join or follow one as they are conveniently sorted out in many categories. There´s also the Rules Thread, for whenever you feel like basking in the humor of the moderators (and also rules, because that´s thing). The Check to See Thread gets updated every week or so with the newest batches of Roleplays :3 There´s the RPChallenge as well, which will be changing every month.

It seems you might already know all that stuff by now, but, eh. /hasnothingbettertodorightnow

Last edited:
Years
*pokes head in* :o This place is a lot different from where I'm from... (I also hail from Marriland, I'm actually one of the rp mods there :D) As for the current conversation, I personally don't really care if it's a Pokemon or 'Other' rp. As long as I find the plot interesting and can apply my characters, I'm fine ^_^ Hmm... I might actually try to create a roleplay soon-ish. I have a character that I have been dying to use, and she wouldn't fit in one of the roleplays that are already up... xD

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Wow, apparently we have a migration happening here. :V Interesting and welcome all.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Well hello there Lipey, I have no idea how long you've been here and I'm sure no vet but welcome anyways! I love you and EVERYONE ELSE HERE DEAL WITH THE LOVE RESSY *ahem* anyways look forward to seeing you in some RP at some point if I do, nice to meet you.

Years
xD Haha, thanks for the warm welcome <3 And, yeah, I guess it does look like a bit of a migration, doesn't it? owo But, yeah. I also hope to be in a few roleplays with you as well, Sephear :3

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Why of course, it's that time of the year when birds RPers migrate to warmer environments.
So, Lipey, did you read thru all that stuff I said or do you want me to repeat it? xD

Rhize

Topsy-Turvy
Years
HAI LIPEY <3

Yey you joined. ^~^

Thank you, Resolution, for the lovely welcome. This place most definitely has a very warm atmosphere, if mildly intimidating due to the size.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Welcome Lipey and Rhize! Hope you stick around and join a few RPs here. We don't bite, and pretty much everyone around the RP section is really nice.

Years
@Resolution - Yeah, I read through your previous post and the links that you provided xD

@Rhize - Of course I joined <3 This place looked too amazing to just pass up owo

@Jegretis - Thanks~ And, I'll probably be joining one or two here pretty soon xD Though, I just need to decide which to join, or if I should make one myself... Hmm... So many choices xD

Rhize

Topsy-Turvy
Years
After skimming through the available RPs I have learnt the majority, if not all, are started. :/ I may post an RP I had written up on Marriland here, but I hadn't started due to leaving. I suspect the audience would welcome it more here then over there, however~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
@Rhize: Many RPs have already started, but a lot of them still accept SUs, and you can just jump right into the RP.

Sephear

Years
Especially Sekirei Wings of Fate! We don't have enough people, but it might not be what you awesome new people are looking for, it's gonna be a little mushy.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
@The Newcomers: Jegretis is right. I joined Youkai Academy when it was 8 whole pages in and I definitely didn't regret it. Just ask if there are any open spots in the OOC thread to check. Or alternatively you can frequent this thread and watch for advertisements.

A question for everyone: How many out of all the RPs you have joined have you joined because of an advertisement? For me it is Youkai Academy and Checkmate: Redux. I sorta wanna gauge the success rate of advertising here.

Years
*shuffles awkwardly* So, I've been sitting here thinking and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a roleplay about a group of dragons who are being hunted by an organization of dragon slayers? (Of course, you'd be able to play as both a dragon and dragon slayer if you wish ^_^)

Basically, both groups would be trying to hunt the other down, and it'd be a really long journey roleplay that takes place in Medieval times. And, the dragons would also be able to take on a 'human' form for a disguise ^^'

This probably sounds so stupid compared to the other roleplays here...

Rhize

Topsy-Turvy
Years
tracie you know I love it <3

As for the advertisement question, it depends on what type it is. I dislike it when people come in and post for the sole sake of advertising. That usually turns me off. However, if it is just added on to a post actually contributing to the current topic, I will be interested and usually give it a look. 90% of the RPs I join are ones that are advertised and I am made aware of, or ones my friends have made that they have told me of. I usually do not actively seek them, as being in 1-2 RPs is usually sufficient. And so if a good one is not advertised, I will usually never know it was even created. :) That is just me, however.

Sephear

Years
*shuffles awkwardly* So, I've been sitting here thinking and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a roleplay about a group of dragons who are being hunted by an organization of dragon slayers? (Of course, you'd be able to play as both a dragon and dragon slayer if you wish ^_^)

Basically, both groups would be trying to hunt the other down, and it'd be a really long journey roleplay that takes place in Medieval times. And, the dragons would also be able to take on a 'human' form for a disguise ^^'

I don't know if you know this.

But I
LOVE
Dragons!
count me innnnnn <3

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years

I would definitely join if you did this.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oooh, new people who dare to post in the discussion thread! Warm welcome to you both. I hope you'll find that there are many different kinds of RPs on PC and that even though some styles are the norm, we love new ideas and approaches. Something that might cause you to think "wow, high standard" here (idk that depends on what things are like where you are from) is that we usually write posts as parts of long, collaborative stories. No *twitch* to show action or "Rika: blabla" to show dialogue. This is what we've evolved into and we like it so we hope you do to too :3

@The Newcomers: Jegretis is right. I joined Youkai Academy when it was 8 whole pages in and I definitely didn't regret it. Just ask if there are any open spots in the OOC thread to check. Or alternatively you can frequent this thread and watch for advertisements.

A question for everyone: How many out of all the RPs you have joined have you joined because of an advertisement? For me it is Youkai Academy and Checkmate: Redux. I sorta wanna gauge the success rate of advertising here.
Yeah, many RPs actually accept new players far in. You can always ask the GM or other players for a recap of the events so far.

I almost joined SOULBOND because of Dusk's persistent advertising here ^^ Don't think I have time or energy yet though. But there's probably been many more I've noticed some extra just because of teasers and discussions here. I always check out every new accepted RP though. You want to get to the goodies in time!

That sounds fun! Don't worry, I'm a person who most often makes "silly" pokémon journey RPs and I'll never stop thinking they are incredibly fun. Your basic idea sounds like it has loads of potential. Just check out what opening posts in RPs here usually need to contain, and don't hesitate to send a draft via PM to me in case you want someone to look through it before you submit it :3 I'm not the RP mod (anymore) but I've seen quite a lot of RPs over my years here.

tracie you know I love it <3

As for the advertisement question, it depends on what type it is. I dislike it when people come in and post for the sole sake of advertising. That usually turns me off. However, if it is just added on to a post actually contributing to the current topic, I will be interested and usually give it a look. 90% of the RPs I join are ones that are advertised and I am made aware of, or ones my friends have made that they have told me of. I usually do not actively seek them, as being in 1-2 RPs is usually sufficient. And so if a good one is not advertised, I will usually never know it was even created. :) That is just me, however.
We allow blatant advertising here 8D Works fine, haha. But yeah, I see your point. I have actually messaged people privately in the past, trying to make them join my RPs if I know it's one they could be interested in :3 Sometimes works, since I only do that with people I know and not to strangers. I guess that's the difference when pitching.

In any case, welcome and browse the existing RPs to spot if they announce open spots or not. Or create your own, anyone can~!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Youkai Academy is indeed accepting new SU's c: there are currently two open spots.

I just wanted to say that I won't be online the rest of the day, maybe tonight ^^ it's my birthday and just got Pokemon Y so guess what I'm gonna do c:<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back