• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

I wanted to suprise people with this in game but i guess this is as good time as any.

The way that I will do the other starters, Everglade region is home to every starter pokemon except G/S/C ones, they are trying to be bred into the region by importing them from johto.

The pokemon trainers receieve from the Professors all orginate from the Everglade region, they are specially bred, and raised from eggs until level 5 where they are transported to the region which needs them.

You visit this pokemon breeding farm on a certain storyline event, in which you can decide to steal one of the pokemon or complete a series of missions based at the farm, one which includes visiting the parent pokémon to recieve egss of the previous starters. you will not be able to get all of them at once, so it is once again based on your reputation.

If you decide to steal it, it will bring in another new feature that I am implementing, the usage of reputation, but this time it has a purpose, after graduating the Pokemon Guild, you will be told that your rep will effect the amount of guild missions available to you, while you can increase rep easily, by completing missions, you can also lose it easily, but doing bad things, or by not fullfilling certain critearia set by the person in need.

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
Wild starters? No. I think good idea is obtain starters in reward of sub quests.

Waudby

I think some of the starters coul dbe wild, like If I was to make a map with lots of hot rocky areas, pokémon like charmander would definitely flock there.

Waudby

lol Sundale Town, the first town in Pokémon3D is called sundale village.

I can actually promise you that I didn't steal the name :\

I had no idea that you named you first village Sundale Village.

That's actually got me quite amazed :surprised:

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
That's ok, it's not like i copyrighted the name or anything, lol

I might change regions though...

Waudby

I've changed the idea of the POKéQUEST to something a little less nintendo-ised it's now simply called the NotePad.

It's a tablet pc style invention that has taken the place of the standard Paper notepads.

It has a user interface and saves all files to a hard drive.

Technology these days :D

Waudby

The wild starters will be available in certain areas.

Any starters are first introduced as Brulion Farm. Which is where the eggs are taken.

I am looking for a spriter to make me some new pokemon.

I have a few ideas for some but I'm not very talent in the drawing section so I have only words to describe my ideas.

If anyone's interested in filling the role. let me know.

Waudby

Sorry for the double post, a bit of a bump and a small update which is actually involving something large :D

screenshot200805111719020846.png

For all those screenshot junkies out there, feast your eyes on the early stages of the weather system for in battle, all I need to do now is add in animations when I can possibly start doing so.

Does anyone know a way of getting the battle animations out of D/P?

EDIT

Another screen shot update.

screenshot200805121339230239.png

A little bit of story line for you.

It happens after an earthquake happens while in Professor Uing's lab, so he asks you to find Professor Oak who is visiting the region.

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years
As always this is looking amazing.
Story sounds like it's going to be very gripping.
Can't wait for the first demo.
Keep up the amazing work.

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
nice screenie there :D i cant wait to play your beta coz really like pokemon d/p :D gudluck :D

Waudby

If the topic gets to 170 posts, I will extend demo one bye another few storyline points.

I'll also post a bigger update than I have been.

SO come on people, post your comments :D

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Wow man, look'm good my friend. I really love it. One question, did you make that font in sphere, or did you download it somewhere?

Waudby

Wow man, look'm good my friend. I really love it. One question, did you make that font in sphere, or did you download it somewhere?

It's actually the FR/LG one I think, I just recoloured it to use the D/P font colours.

I personally like it better than the original and the D/P one :P

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Wow, an earthquake happened after you acessesd the data. 2 questions.
1. Does this region often have earthquakes? If it is, then I love this game.
2. Why your Totodile is LV 100? Did you use cheats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back