• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random Wild Pokemon Challenge

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    Introduction: I was browsing through some sites that have HG/SS cheat codes for Action Replay and I saw one that makes it so that the player encounters wild pokemon. The wild pokemon are randomly generated using the game's random number generator and you can encounter any pokemon between Bulbasaur and Arceus. So this gave me an idea for a challenge.

In the weeks since I saw the cheat code, I've been working on a challenge and working out all the kinks. I think it's about ready to see if this'll be much of a challenge.

Rules:
    -You must use the cheat code that is found in this
    Spoiler:

-You can only catch basic pokemon on Route 29. By "basic" I mean those that don't evolve from any baby pokemon or any pokemon at all.

-You can't catch any wild Legendary pokemon and use them for the duration of this challenge.

-You can only catch 3 basic pokemon and you have 6 chances to do so.

-Chances are used when you knock out the wild pokemon on purpose.

-If the wild Pokemon K.O.es your party, it doesn't count towards your chances.

-If you run out of Pokeballs, the pokemon doesn't count towards your chances and neither do any other pokemon you see until you:
    a) get pokeballs
    b) are on Route 29

-If you K.O. the wild pokemon through a Critical Hit, it doesn't count.

-You must nickname all Pokemon you obtain during the challenge.

-You may choose to not catch any pokemon that shares a type with any team members and have it not count.

-The challenge ends when you defeat Red.

Examples:

1) Let's say you see a Ludicolo. It's not a Basic pokemon, thus it can't be added to your team.

2) Now, let's say you find a Magmar. It was originally a Basic Pokemon but had a baby form added in 2nd gen. Because of this, it is no longer a Basic Pokemon.

3) So you got that? Well, let's spice it up and say you see a Shellos and you chose Totodile. You can choose to have it not count since you have another water type on your team.

4) Let's say you're battling a Tauros and you run out of pokeballs. The attempt at catching it is no longer valid, so it doesn't use up a chance.

~To Apply for this Challenge, just reply with you saying you're joining and the version you're using. Feel free to also post your challenge if you wish.

~Challengers~
    Gregora (HG)

~My Challenge~

I received a Cyndaquil from Elm. Upon further investigation (which involved getting burned and scratched), I found out that the Cyndaquil was a male and is a naive nature. I call him "Bleys". I don't think he liked my taking a look to see what gender he was...

I beat the rival and stuff and just got the 5 pokeballs. Now let's see what I find...
    Spoiler:

I wound up with this for my team:

"Bleys" the level 12 male Cyndaquil (naive nature)
    "Ichthys" the level 4 male Magikarp (rash nature)

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • Looks great! I may just do this to spice up my game! The one problem is that I don't want to lose any of my save files, but I might just for this!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    Cool. Just let me know when you do and which game.

My Challenge:

I had to restart my challenge because I decided to move the challenge from my R4i to my actual HG cart because of the issues I was having.

My team:

Magnemite (no nickname yet) Lv6
    Impish nature
    Metal Pull ability
    Metal Sound
    Tackle
    Thunder Shock

Whismer (no nickname as of yet) male Lv8
    Modest nature
    Ability: Soundproof
    Pound
    Uproar

Cacnea (no nickname as of yet) female Lv8
    Timid nature
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Poison Sting
    Leer
    Absorb

Cyndi (Cyndaquil) female Lv11
    Modest nature
    Ability: Blaze
    Tackle
    Leer
    Smokescreen
    Ember

I really need to come up with nicknames for my team. I pretty much couldn't think of any on the spot. I think this team might be pretty good, but I've never raised a Whismur or a Cacnea before. Also, since I got my team, I no longer need to use the cheat code and I can now play it on my DSi XL for which, I haven't gotten a special AR for. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    Just beat this challenge:
    Playtime: 39:46
    Team:
    Lvl 70 Aerodactyl nicknamed FOSSILEBIRD
    Lvl 71 Ampharos nicknamed WORTHLESS
    Lvl 71 Jynx nicknamed SPOOTLE
    Lvl 6 Totodile nicknamed SKIPPYDOO(HM MULE)
    Lvl 1 Togepi (mandatory)
    Lvl 21 Swinub (Hm mule)

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Here I am!
    The game I will use is Soul Silver (ROM).

Let's start!

First of all, I named myself Haru. Then, I got a Totodile (Crocky) from Prof. Elm, took the Mysterious Egg, and met with Moron, my rival.
    So, after i got back to Elm's Lab, I found a broken window and a policeman.
    I said I met the guy, it was Moron.
    After this, Elm gave me 5 Pokè Balls, then I went to talk with my mom about my journey, she was glad of it.
    So, now I'm in Route 29, and a lot of very rare Pokèmon appear here...

Spoiler:

Of these Pokèmon, I could catch only two of them, Torchic (Chuck) and the male Nidoran (Cross). The others were too strong for us, but we defeated them at the end :D

Now, I think I'll grind a lot until Violet City, where the first Gym is.
    I won't go easy!

Poke158(CO-AA)(M)(1).png
    Poke255(CO-AA)(M)(1).png
    Poke032(CO-AA)(M)(1).png

Lv. 10 - Lv. 8 - Lv. 8​

Back