• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2012
Name: Annalise Alouise Ashner

Nickname: None

Dorm: Suicune

Appearance:
Annalise is a very tan girl, rather toned in form because she managed to get around a lot. With milky, hazel eyes and neck length raven hair, she stands at 4'11" and weighs in at 105lbs. She wears a magenta and white striped tank top over a powder blue t-shirt. These meet navy blue bike shorts and black tennis shoes with socks that run up to her knees.

Personality:
Annalise is very much a product of her upbringing, being graced with being known in her village as one of the few children that lived. Because the village took the call of raising her with those that survived, she has developed a severe respect for adults, making her almost fully reserved in their presence. She has a great love of history because of how she was taught to never forget those that came before and thus has a great passion for Fossil Pokemon which eventually evolved into a love of Dinosauroid Pokemon overall. In fact, these are the type of Pokemon she has developed an obsession for, willing to go the distance to see, let alone attain.
She has developed a love overall for beauty, or at least her perception of it, stemming from a belief that life is precious, having come so nearly close to death, herself. Thus, whereas she has learned to conform to adults and their wants, she has an inbred love of what she believes can emphasize life, including history which entails what life once was. Because of this, she enjoys pushing herself in things like her encounters and her studies, the concept of experiencing life to its fullest becoming the most beautiful thing she knows just short of the past. She does, however, suffer from a chronic, unexplained insomnia that limits how much she exerts herself. She also suffers from being removed from her own generation of children, having not really grown up with anyone her age, thus meeting others like her brings her a sense of great joy and embarrassment, as she is unsure of how to perfectly act.

History:
Annalise grew up on Rockfort Island a small island, nestled off to itself in the Kanto region. Here, the close-knit community made do with what they had, only briefly going out of their way to the mainland as their only chief exports happen to be their curious offspring, willing to eke out into the world, if only because they are so detached from it. The island, however, fell victim to a powerful plague, the likes of which their small civilization was not prepared to receive. The result was the death of some of the adults and a majority of the children. Annalise was one of only a handful of children that managed to live.
Having survived at just the age of seven, she lost a lot, having lost her mother and her older brother, a teenager who had dreams of seeing the world and becoming a Pokemon paleontologist. While she loved him, she was not profoundly affected by his loss, at least not in comparison to a village that had lost its budding new generation. Rather than despair, however, the villagers effectively adopted the remaining children, each man and woman becoming a parent to the ones that had managed to survive. Many of the children did not see or interact with each other, and those that did had the awkward air of being more than what they were meant to be, the pressure of multiple adult expectations weighing them down. Annalise was especially kept from the others, being schooled from the beginning in remembering the things that were lost, being taught that all lives, no matter how small were precious.
In time, Annalise grew to the age of twelve and in an attempt to experience something new in life attempted to swim for the first time, a mistake that nearly resulted in her life being lost, the girl unaware of how to swim and swept away in the current. All would have been lost if not for a Lapras youngling separated from its herd that managed to collect her. She fell in love with its heroics, and the two became close, the Lapras becoming her first Pokemon. As she progressed, however, she inherited her brother's will of becoming a Pokemon paleontologist and inherited his two Fossils, an Aerodactyl and a Kabuto. She was encouraged by her father to make a stake in life for herself and her brother, live for the two of them and get an education in Pokemon to become that paleontologist, so now the time came to put her knowledge to practice and theory, joining Pokemon Trainer Academy. Her will in this endeavor is not entirely her own, but she pushes forward to no ends regardless, only slowed down by chronic insomnia and some social awkwardness.

Pokemon 1:
Species: Lapras
Nickname: LapTrap
Personality: Gentle
Level: 18
Moveset: Confuse Ray, Water Pulse, Ice Shard, Dragon Pulse, Thunderbolt

Pokemon 2:
Species: Kabuto
Nickname: Gigan
Personality: Impish
Level: 17
Moveset: Mudshot, Harden, Bubblebeam, Screech

Pokemon 3:
Species: Aerodactyl
Nickname: Falke
Personality: Adamant
Level: 20
Moveset: Roar, Agility, Bite, Wing Attack, Hyper Beam

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Congratulations, Lunateix, your character is approved. You may begin posting whenever you please. c:

Attention

Guys, would you please update me here with your teams' levels? Our three newjoiners Cory, Sayumi, and Lunateix need not as I've been paying attention and they haven't battled yet.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
I'll update as soon as Fuyu and I get done with the battle between Ciel and Brian. Also, would Thyme and Duster's fight be considered training as they are both Bri's pokemon? Or would it be a battle, as they were trying to kill each other and were fighting at full strength, which resulted in Duster fainting. I'm not sure whether they'd only gain one level each for training and one level for Duster fainting, or Thyme gains two and Duster gains three for being knocked out.

Dawn

Years
Y'know, that actually raises a darn good question. Battling your own pokemon definitely counts as a trainer battle, but if there is no trainer involved at all and it's just two trainer owned pokemon fighting...

...Perhaps getting one level is an appropriate balancer for the fact that pokemon are not supposed to be able to just train themselves efficiently.

Otherwise, people would really have no reason to limit how many pokemon they carry on them other than space to keep the balls, as they could just tell the pokemon to go train against each other and not be personally involved. Aka, pokemon get stronger and they get stronger faster when being trained by their trainer as opposed to training on their own.

Realistically it would depend on the intelligence of the pokemon as to how effective training themselves would be. A dragonite would realistically be able to train itself even better alone, or at least in theory, considering it's huuuge intelligence. Meanwhile a Jellicent possesses about as much intelligence as a real jellyfish. (See: Disturbingly little)

Yet, for the purposes of fairness, perhaps it is in the best interest that we put that balancer of only getting one level if a trainer is not involved. (Doesn't even have to be a specific trainer.)

Nideous

Years
Thanks. That helped a lot. But I have another question now that I think about it. Duster fainted during that little trainer-less battle with Thyme. Would she still gain the extra level for being knocked out because there is no trainer? Or would she not?

Nideous

Years
Ok, thank you. I'll update my team as soon as Fuyu and I are done with our JP. :D

Here's my team levels, as promised. :D

Thyme (Snivy): level 18, Leaf Tornado, Vine Whip, Bullet Seed, Secret Power, Attract, Growth (Inactive)
Duster (Minccino): level 20, Pound, Tickle, Helping Hand, Double Slap, Swift, Thundershock
Drizzle (Buizel): level 18, Sonic Boom, Quick Attack, Water Gun, Pursuit, Water Sport, Swift
Nova (Growlithe): level 23, Bite, Ember, Leer, Roar, Odor Sleuth, Flame Wheel
Bouncy (Igglybuff): level 4, Sing, Charm, Faint Attack,
Frost (Sneasel): level 17, Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack, Screech, Faint Attack
Leena (Misdreavus): level 15, Psywave, Growl, Spite, Astonish, Confuse Ray

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Ciel's team-

Chika (Togetic) Level 20- Brick Break, Future Sight, Aerial Ace, Return, Magical Leaf, Shadow Ball
Kinko (Vulpix) Level 19-Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Dark Pulse (Dream World, if that's all right), Quick Attack, Dig, Energy Ball
Triac (Flaffy) Level 20- Thunderbolt, Rock Smash, Iron Tail, Tackle, Light Screen, Return

Skye's team

Ellie (Eevee) Level 18- Tackle, Shadow Ball, Dig, Flail, Iron Tail
Rama (Zorua) Level 20- Scratch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse, Return, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack
Volca (Larvesta) Level 24-Take Down, Wild Charge, Acrobatics, Flamethrower, String Shot, Psychic
Pala (Cubchoo) Level 17- Powder Snow, Growl, Bide, Icy Wind, Fury Swipes
Rei (Lapras) Level 15-Sing, Water Gun, Confuse Ray, Ice Shard, Water Pulse, Growl

chef30

Great Scott!!!
Years
Hi, may I join this?

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Hailey Alice Marks

Nickname (Optional): Hay, Ali, Mark.

Age (10-15): 14

Gender (Male or Female): Female

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Raikou Dorm. (If there are spots left for the Suicune or Entei Dorms, I'd like one of those, please.)

Appearance (A picture will do but describe what he/she wears otherwise and any other information):
Spoiler:

Personality (How does your character act? Do people enjoy being around you?: Hailey usually gets herself into big trouble with her parents and her teachers. Hailey is a laid-back kind of girl who is stubborn and tries to act cool. Hailey likes to follow in popular kids' footsteps and doesn't ofen express her true feelings. Hailey might insult other people just to make herself feel better, when Hailey knows it's wrong. Hailey perfers to be alone most of the time and will reject her best friends for popular kids.

Sometimes people usually asume that Hailey is a bully, and sometimes, they're right. Hailey doesn't ever punch or fight, though she does use harsh words. Hailey will often lie to people to get out of situations of any kind. Hailey will also blame other people if she has too. Although there are many bad things about her, inside she is kind and protective over people she loves. Though the only time she will show her inner personality is when nobody will know it is her. Though Hailey may not act like it, she loves to talk to people and make friends. Hailey is also very sarcastic.

History (Where did you grow up? Why you decided to go to the trainer school? Family? Etc..): When Hailey was born, her parents put her up for adoption at the orphanage because they didn't have enough food or money to take care of Hailey. Hailey spent two months at the orphanage. Shortly thereafter, she was adopted by an arregent family who only cared about themselves. Hailey's new parents never bother to talk to Hailey. All they do is complain. Hailey does not know she is adopted or that she ever had other parents.

Hailey has an older brother who always bullies her, and a younger brother who torments her. Sometimes her parents will get physical with Hailey if Hailey doesn't do what they want her to do. Hailey has always been hated by her new family. When Hailey was ten, she tried to run away. But her result was a fail. What happened after Hailey was caught is cruel. Hailey has a scarr on her back to prove that horrible day. Hailey never made any friends or had anybody that loved her. Hailey did find a friend though. It was a pokemon. A Pikachu named Sparks. Hailey has always hid it in a tree in her houses back yard where her parents would never find out...

Now Hailey has turned four-teen, and her parents forced her to take some sort of test to get her into a school called 'The Pokemon Trainer Acadamy. Hailey tried to do her best, but since her parents had never paid for her to go to school, Hailey barely knows anything school related. Hailey sent her test back to the Acadamy. Hailey was surprised when they even replied to her. She was even more surprised when they said she got in. But just barely. Hailey didn't care though. This was her ticket out of her parent's house. Hailey packed whatever she had and snuck her Pikachu onto the plane. Hailey was excited to begin a better life.

Pokémon (Up to 3 Maximum No Legendaries or Shinies or stage 3 Pokémon):
Species:
25.png

Nickname(Optional): Sparks
Personality: Sparks is a supportive Pikachu. Sparks has always followed it's trainers' commands. It is very nice and kind and optimistic.
Lvl(Max 20): 15
Moveset: Thunder Wave, Thunder Bolt, Dig, Quick Attack.

Thanks!

Dawn

Years
You're accepted, Chef30. Glad to have you. c:

Unfortunately, there was only one spot left and that was in Raikou dorm. ^_^; Not to worry though. A humble dorm is no big deal.

In other news, I allow Valorie to be tortured too much. x3 The only reason I don't feel bad is because I'm not really trying very hard.

Nideous

Years
I've been operating under te premise that the dorms were at the school, but in seperate buildings around the campus. Though, I may be wrong.

Edit: I just realised I forgot to udate Quincy's team... Though after looking at the first page, that's how tough his team is. I guess I updated them earlier. *Shrugs.*

Dawn

Years
@Chef30: Let's see here... I suppose the school would best be described as a large area based near the water. (Keeping in mind that this is an island.) It's composed of a good handful of buildings not including the dorms that generally serve as places for students to take classes or in some cases a building may house most extra curricular things like battlefields or swimming pools (that usually sub as battlefields).

There are also battlefields that are outside within the campus.

The dorms are all separate from each other, and they are all separate buildings from the rest of the school. The quality of the rooms may vary ever so slightly between the three dorms.

In other news, I read through your first post and couldn't help but notice your character is at The Academy. The thing being that the rest of the school is on a boat headed towards Kanto for a field trip. Said boat is really big, for the record. I might suggest retconning that post and putting Hailey on the boat so that she can be with the others. Otherwise there's just a few teachers, local security and some troublemaker students left behind.

(Given, if you're inclined to have Hailey miss the field trip we could find something for her to do.)

Also, in most cases you will be placed into a class at the beginning of each IC day chosen by the GMs. (Me and Megaman765)

@Everyone: Looking back on things, I think perhaps this warrants me adding some extra info on locations around the island in the settings spoiler on the main page. This will be especially helpful regarding the school, nearby town, and dead forest.

Dawn

Years
My apologies for that not being clear. Hearing you ask these questions did make me realize that there was more I could improve on here. c:

Dawn

Years
This is why I nominated Nideous as the most helpful roleplayer around. |D

UPDATE: Anyway. I've updated the settings spoiler on the first page of the OOC with a description of all the various areas of the roleplay. I've also updated the note that used to only specify that this was a new OOC page to read that I'm personally accepting feedback on how to improve the roleplay.

Also, still waiting for a bunch of people to update their teams. Get the impression maybe they aren't really reading the OOC. May go bug them via VMs soon. xD

EDIT: I also removed the "Battlefields" spoiler and put the images formerly located there in a spoiler within the settings spoiler labeled "Images of the battlefields"

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Ani334MS.png
Altaria (Blu) lvl. 40 - Safeguard, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Dragonbreath, Mirror Move, Aerial Ace

Ani448MS.png
Lucario (Ri) lvl. 30 - Feint, Bone Rush, Earthquake, Aura Sphere, Foresight, Counter
Ani025MS.png
Pikachu (Ryan) lvl. 43 - Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Feint, Quick Attack, Surf
Ani230MS.png
Kingdra (Sharpay) lvl. 41 - Hydro Pump, Octazooka, Aurora Beam, Aqua Jet, Twister, Dragon Pulse
Ani513MS.png
Pansear (Gordon) lvl. 30 - Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Yawn, Bite, Torment
Ani064MS.png
Kadabra (Cat) lvl. 30 - Teleport, Psybeam, Reflect, Drain Punch, Miracle Eye, Light Screen

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Thanks for updating your team, Selena. c:

I checked the main page and realized I hadn't put chef30 and her character on the various spoilers. |D The thing is I so remember doing that, and this isn't the first time this has happened. Same thing happened with Lunateix's character. I must be going crazy or somethin' xD

Regardless. I'm going to be updating the rules in the near future. Mostly clarification purposes and possibly separating the leveling mechanics from the rest of the rules. It shouldn't effect anyone's roleplaying experience. Yet, I will announce it and recommend people give it a passing look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back