• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hey~ I'm having a few issues with this specific script here. It's a bit of a messy chopped up script from a few different sources, which in short, allows you to pick a pokemon, fight something then nickname it. For some reason the game freezes up right after the fan-fare and I don't have any idea why that would happen. It worked the first time I tried it but any time after that, it doesn't.
Game: Pokemon Emerald
Type: Person Script
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
well, this is just a quick question regarding scripts so I found it appropriate to post it here
Is it possible to be able to edit ingame scripts? i'm saying this because I want to make a minor edit to the "oak gives you the pokedex" scene in firered
if I had to rewrite it, counting all the mistakes i'd make it'd take hours, and by editing, it would take minutes...
p.s. im using XSE if this helps

minor edit, it's to change gary/blue/green's sprite, but only the time when oak gives you and gary/blue/green the pokedex.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 14, 2010
Hi again, its been a few days and no one has told me anything on how to get this script to work. The problem is, as soon as i walk out of the house, i want this script to activate, but it doesn't, and I set the flags and added a setvar, but nothing still works. If there is something wrong with his script could someone please fix it?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hi again, its been a few days and no one has told me anything on how to get this script to work. The problem is, as soon as i walk out of the house, i want this script to activate, but it doesn't, and I set the flags and added a setvar, but nothing still works. If there is something wrong with his script could someone please fix it?

Spoiler:

You need to make it a level script, follow the XSE tutorial by Diego (it has a level script section)

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
Pokemon FireRed
Poketscript
I created this simple script but when ever i plug it in it doesnt work. Can someone tell why it doesnt work?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
EXTREMEPokemon!
Hexing is involved in this and i made you a script to do what you want right here!
71A6B3

Spoiler:

That is the script if u wanna look and tweak it
lmk how it works

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Okay, I'm having a problem with 'setmaptile'.
setmaptile [X Coordinate] [Y Coordinate] [Tile Number] [Movement allowed?]
I know the values of everything else except the tile number. What value is supposed to be put there? I put the block number displayed on the bottom left, but it doesn't turn out right.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Okay, I'm having a problem with 'setmaptile'.
setmaptile [X Coordinate] [Y Coordinate] [Tile Number] [Movement allowed?]
I know the values of everything else except the tile number. What value is supposed to be put there? I put the block number displayed on the bottom left, but it doesn't turn out right.

That should be right, eg: 0x168 for the Gym Sign tile in tileset 0.

Are you sure that the X and Y co-ordinate are correct?

Also remember to use Special 0x8E after the setmaptile command to reset the map so the changes are visible straight away.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
That should be right, eg: 0x168 for the Gym Sign tile in tileset 0.

Are you sure that the X and Y co-ordinate are correct?

Also remember to use Special 0x8E after the setmaptile command to reset the map so the changes are visible straight away.

Yeah, I also figured it out myself.
It seems that I tried changing the numbers into hex even though they were already in hex. lol.
Anyways, thanks.

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
im not so good at scripting....can anyone tell me how i could, instead of Birch giving you the Hoenn dex he will give you the National Dex? This is ruby by the way.

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I am at a complete loss.

Spoiler:

This is my actual XSE script, here.

Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I am at a complete loss.

Spoiler:

This is my actual XSE script, here.

Spoiler:

Might want to explain the problem first.

Alright, so I made a level script;
Code:
#org @start
lockall
textcolor 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @move1
msgbox @string1 MSG_NORMAL '"You're here to help me with my\nre..."
setflag 0x202
setvar 0x4055 0x2
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org @string1
= You're here to help me with my\nresearch, right?\pOn the table there are three\nspecial POKéMON from KANTO.\pPick one!

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org @move1
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
But, uhm, when I go into the map, the shop menu comes up instead. o_O

Johnhconnor

Learning Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2012
Game:Fire Red
Type:Gba
Editor:pokescript
Script: movement script (sound)

Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or Videos:

Basicly what im trying to do is get Gary to walk towards tell me
something and then walk away.
Ive done that fine all works perfectly now i want to add his music 0x13B
whilst he is in motion does anyone know how to do this because i cant find anyone
who can yet
I would be incredibly gratefull for any help

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
OK i am having trouble getting a script right. I made an item, CLEANSE STONE, that evolves pokemon. In Item Manager it is after the LEAF STONE. I use pskvui. Can someone help me with the script?
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back