• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Are You All Still Here?

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
  • No srsly... GTFO plz.

When I first joined PC, I was actually kind of into Pokemon. No, I wasn't a die-hard, Pokemon fanatic, but I did enjoy it; well enough to secretly join a Pokemon forum. But in the seven or eight months that I've been here, I've began to gradually pull further and further away from it. I'll occasionally pick up Platinum and fool around for a few minutes, but that's about the extent of my so called 'Pokemon Addiction'. I just don't have that passion for Pokemon anymore.

So, this morning I found myself wondering, "Why am I still here?" I mean, I don't like Pokemon, I'm not overly popular, and I'm not staff. I have no reason to stay here. But still, I choose to spend about an hour before and a few hours after school on PC.

For myself, the most reasonable explanation would be the socializing. In school, there's a certain 'way' to act (if you want to keep up your reputation, as I do). Dress the right way, chill with the right people, don't associate with certain, 'Nobodies' (as cruel as that sounds). But here on PC, you can be... well, a nerd! 'Cause c'mon guys, let's face it; we still semi like Pokemon. We're dorks! xD;

But that's the beauty of it. PC let's us associate with other Pokemon fans in the comfort of our own, self-sustained environment. No one makes fun of us because, more or less, we're all here for the same reason.

So yeah, that's why I'm still here. How 'bout you guys? What makes PC so addictive for you?

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I first joined PC because I had a passion for Pokémon and I wanted to meet other people who also liked Pokémon.

I stay here because of the amazing people I've met and are friends with. Taking breaks from PC is really difficult anyway, so leaving my friends would probably make me die. ;-;
    TCTI is also a really big part of my PC life. I've met a load of people on there and it's a great place to post everyday just to have a conversation and whatnot. :D

As you can see, my friends are a big part of my PC life. ^+^

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I stay for the community, I'm not really into pokemon so I only really post in the non pokemon related topics and the people here are alot different compared to other forums I'm part of, it shows that if peoples (former or not) interests differ then their personality will differ aswell.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I'm still here cause I can still interact with you guys, share ideas and others. I have a lot of friends here than in my school.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • i'm adikted to pipel hir/ I'm still here because I have friends, even though many people hates me. I am here because I want to learn more about computer things especially CSS and HTML. Many interesting things to learn here, really. I learn more about English and talk like englishmen.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I joined because I had just got Pearl and so I wanted to trade with people. =X

I spent the first few months in only the trade forum, which is why my post count isn't that high. But then I ventured out into the rest of the forum, then lo and behold I became staff a few months back.

To be honest, I've lost almost all of my passion for playing Pokémon now. =/ I want to get it back, bedcause the strategic side of it is really appealing. Hopefully Platinum will reignite my fire, so to speak, but if it doesn't, I won't be leaving PC. I enjoy doing my job too much. =3

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    IT JUST WON'T LET ME LEAVE ;O;

No really, I'm meant to be hiding from this place to do some study and yet I just can't go. In fact, I've been spending even more time on here since I said I'd take a break.

But yeah, I have my friends that I'm not willing to leave and I feel like I have some strange duty to this place.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I stopped coming here for around a month, then i came back. I had a few personal issues to smooth out, but i also came back and i'm staying put because everyone is so nice, helpful and (normally) polite. PC is an awesome forum!

As quite a few people have mentioned, i came here with a huge passion for Pokémon. I spent goodness knows how long in the Trade Corner, but then i eventually left that place and into various other places in PC. I am still a Pokémon fan, but not a huge one anymore. Now i stay to discuss things (mostly with chocolate) and meet many friendly people.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • The people in Pokemon Fan Fiction are sexy. No, seriously. We have an orgy going on.

Mostly the people and the atmosphere. I like the fact that I can be laid back and essentially myself, and there's people who totally agree with me. The community here isn't as tight across the board as I've seen on other boards (as in, people from the hacking forum usually don't know the people in the PFF that well and vice versa), but the community in the individual forums and the feel in general is just welcoming and friendly. Here, I really do feel as if I can just walk up to someone and start chatting with them about random crap without being afraid that I'll be mocked or blasted (which seems to be a problem on other boards), and usually, I can find someone with whom I can have an intelligent conversation. (Even the staff tends to be sociable and totally up for that kind of stuff here.)

I know. You're getting pretty much repeat answers, but yeah, I think it's safe to say that's a big plus for PC. That and there's a lot to do here. PC has a forum for everything, and with its kind of community, members feel safe participating in as many of them as they want.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I SHOULD BE AT THE FORUM I'M A SUPER MODERATOR AT

._.

This place has magnets under its floorboards.
    First large forum I joined, so I suppose I've just become acquainted with it; it's like my inanimate internet mother or something. xO

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, I joined here about four years ago, but now I don't really like pokemon at all. xD

The hacking of the games brought me here in the first place, but now all I do here is talk. ^^
    4 years eh? So thats why it says september 2008?
    Anyweh i still am here cause yo guys are thwe best. Really. The rules are simple(ish) the people are nice. And you dont get mauled for playing pokemon and mobile games!

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I joined because I wanted to download some hacks. My reason for staying at PC for over a year was my own hack project. I had (and still do) an interest for Pokemon but I really wasn't interested in any other parts of PC.

Now, I don't know what it is, I love this place even though I'm slowly losing my interest in Pokemon and even Hacking. Maybe its the thought of having to say goodbye to all the wonderful people I've met. I just can't see myself leaving this place, not for a long long time anyway.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
  • Woah, You're PC supporter and you don't the thing the forum is about. Weird. Man, I wish I was a PC supporter. In my country nobody make fun of someone who likes Pokemon. And the way to become popular in school is good grades or a smart kid, which you guys call "Nerd" or "bookworm".

How 'bout you give the title to me....... Nah, just kidding, but I really wish to be one of the staff of Pkmn Community.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I joined quite awhile ago because I wanted to advertise a friends' forum in my sig, XD. It was also the same day I joined Serebii, Bulbagarden, and PE2K, heh. But I didn't really post much as a result.

A few years later, I became more active when Diamond and Pearl were about to be released. And I've been active ever since, actually making this the forum I'm most active on. I still advertise friends' sites in my sig, but that's not why I post anymore. ^^

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I've tried joining other forums, but... this place is tops. Truly one-of-a-kind. No other forum can come close to this one.

The con is the stupid humans who only see a tiny piece of the picture and think I'm still an addict... >.> (Oh come on, Dad, YOU'VE Been to forums! You should be able to figure out that MAYBE THERE IS MORE THAN JUST POKEMON HERE. In fact, I'm getting a tad bored of Pokemon... maybe I went a bit to fast on Pearl is why.)

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • I'm here because I like to make my profile pretty.
    Also to shove up my opinion on people's threads, because that's always fun.
    Oh, and because stalking members is a good passtime~

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • I pretty much only got one reason.

All my other forums are pretty much...dead.

Sad but true...:(
    Exscept for supercheats I guess, but I like the community here. So yeah. I'm kool here.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Eh...i think most of the reason i'm still here is cuz...well, it's one of the things that still keeps me entertained/eases boredom. But mostly, it's the people that come here, half of all my friends generally originated from this board (note that this includes IRL friends too). It's might also be because it's a way to just kind of talk openly...or something like taht

Back