• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Jupiter Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
  • Well, Mars is a Mars djinni, and if you can have 9 Djinn set onto your body at one time, they can't be very big, can they? The Pokédex height for Mars, Jupiter, Mercury and Venus are all 8 inches.

It's ripped from Golden Sun, actually. A few other sprites have that as well, but some of the monsters, including the summons, I drew.

What, what, what, what!?
    8 inches!? That's very, very, very tiny! Oh well, that doesn't
    really matter. ('Cause I never played Golden Sun before.)
    Sorry if I sounded rude.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • The telepathy really looks great! I'll be supporting this from now on!
    *looks for a userbar*
    Wait, you don't have any userbars! Can I make you some?

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Go right ahead. Make sure it's got Ivan in it though. If you want, you could even use my art at the top of the page.

Thanks for the support! My userbars usually suck, so it's nice to see someone wants to make one for me =D

@ Number Prince - In Golden Sun, there are these little magical creatures called Djinn, and there are four kinds - Earth (Venus), Fire (Mars; the one pictured above), Wind (Jupiter, hence the title of the hack) and Water (Mercury). Basically, if you have them set, or make them part of your body, your powers are enhanced. The total you could have in the second game was 9. In most official art, they're shown at an approximate height of 8 or so inches, so I chose that height. Their weights are directly relative to the 4 spheres of alchemy (I'm not really going to go into this but it's an interesting little thing so bleah)

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • The Link on Sendshare is here, watermelon: https://www.sendspace.com/file/3ypfxt

Also, I've been working on some backgrounds for the battles:
    Pokémon Jupiter Version

Pokémon Jupiter Version

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2018
    I like the second background but not the first.
    So far your hack looks great =]

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • It's extremely difficult to make the pallates work properly on the battle backgrounds... so I guess I kind of just gave up and said to myself "Darn it!". Lol... Actually, the first is cooler looking in the game because the mountains roll in and it's really cool, actually.

Hmm... I'm trying to figure out THUMB right now so that I can tweak up telepathy and make it even prettier XD

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • The beta rocks!!! most of the maps are just edits though...

Last edited:

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
    Years

• Oh, is a extremely rare this hack, hehe.
    All is very original o.0

But i think, combine Golden Sun in a Pokémon ROM is not a good idea o.O.
    The graphics looks a few ugly u.u.
    Well, Good luck!

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Thanks for the advice and comments. Maps really aren't my strongpoint XDWe now have a userbar:
    Pokémon Jupiter Version
    Thank Rena from Golden Sun Realm for it! =DBTW, the new stuff that I added the updated in the last 2 weeks is all gone now, due to a freakout.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2012
    Where is Steven, the guy I have to give the letter to? And when I talk to the guy in the cave he says something about embarrasing enteries or soemthing

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    no the dude in the cave (originally in defword) you deliver a letter to.

there's another guy in a museum that you have to give a package to.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2012
    alright I need help again, I have three gym badges and I just got the metorite
    what do i do?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    Oooh, pokemon AND golden sun?
    I think the world just became a better place...

Bz

*trying to lick elbow*
    Years
  • i'll help

if u want, i'll help make some trainer sprites and help with the story

and btw, what tools are you using for everything

Last edited:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • This is a beta, please remember that =O

Transfer save files from Ruby. That should help. Keep the transfered file until you get to Fortree. Save in the Pokemon Center, then you should be in the clear for the rest of the Rom.

BTW, please disregard my previous post on ignoring the changes to the Rom. My computer was not formatted when HP fixed it.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • This hack is looking nice..
    I still have yet to play the original golden sun
    [despite having played GS2 through atleast three times]..
    One thing that comes to mind.. I'm not so sure on the GS ripped sprites for the Djinn.. Have you considered re-spriting them to be more suited to a pokémon hack?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back