• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Site Blackout

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    The site blacked out and with nearly no members online, I can happily go onto PC as now it doesn't take a minute to load a page and it does load now.

Anyway, the server's been having problems, just a note to Rukario to check it out.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • Its been off and on frequently, whats up with the server at the moment?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Oh, okay. It's just the site's been getting slow lately, and I had doubts about Steve not knowing it, but I wanted to make sure.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • If VBulletin is exactly how I remember it... Whatever email you set as the main email, tends to flood your email box with a "Database Error" notification every time there's an error. So, if you're not browsing your own forums noticing the site going down, your email reminds you...

...And so does MediaWiki. >_>
    *clears email box*

Not sure if this site is setup like that or not though.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Who knows? My site did that when there was a database error, but that was once.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • we are well aware of it and do monitor the servers daily.. seems the SSHG traffic, at times, overwelms our server's ability to serve pages..and things lock up.

if this happens (like you know, the page taking way longer then usual to laod) DO NOT KEEP REFRESHING THE PAGE. This only makes the time to repair it take longer.

Go outside (you know, that place with the bright shiny thing in the sky) and take a walk for 30 mins.. go read a book, play your latest game, or watch TV for those 30 mins.. chances are when you return all will be normal again.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yeah, I know, but the weather outside is really bad. At least the snow is gone.

People always think we have snow, they believe we have snow all year round and that our city's name is with 2 e's. Well, it's not. We have rain today.

Back