• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

which booster box

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    Hello. I'm looking to get a booster box or some packs for TCGO and tournament, which ones would be good? Dark Explorers, Boundaries Crossed, Plasma Storm, Dragons Exalted, Dragons Vault, mewtwo ex tin, rayquaza ex tin or other?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Plasma Storm is the newest set, so any cards pulled will likely have the highest re-sale value so you can go out and buy other cards, since most people don't have those cards yet.

Mewtwo EX is currently essential to any deck, however.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    Ok thanks. So without trading/buying singles a Mewtwo EX tin and plasma storm boosters would be good? or next destines and plasma storm? What would a strong damage deck be including an EX from plasma storm??

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Mewtwo tin guarantees that you'll have a Mewtwo EX, but there really doesn't seem to be some EX cards in Plasma Storm that really stand out above the rest.

It really depends on what EX cards you want to use aside from Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a must-have simply because every deck has at least one of him and he's his own best counter.

I'd look at the EX cards from Boundaries Crossed, Dragon Vault, and Dark Explorers and see which ones from those sets interest you the most.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    Which ones would go good together out of these?
    Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, White Kyurem, Entei, Darkrai, Zekrom, Reshiram, Shaymin

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    I went with plasma storm and a mewtwo EX tin. The booster box has the white pokemon pokeballs on the wrapping so they are authentic am i right?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    I got a normal holo Lugia EX, Black Kyurem EX, Cobalion EX, and Victini EX full art, Dowsing Machine AS, Victory Piece AS. Alot of doubles, over 6+ ea. lol

Renpuu

Gengar !
    Years
  • That seems like a very good booster box ! You pulled a lot of good cards !
    In terms of tournament worthy, most of those EX are in tournament play currently.
    Nice pick up !

Back