• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Hero\Heroine ?

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
  • Hey Guys we will gonna discuss about your favorite Hero & Heroine from GEN 3RD it could be any from Emerald, Ruby. Saphire, Leaf green, Fire Red

Lets start discussing i would like to hear about your favorite Hero/Heroine.

MaskedDJ

【♫Forever Alone♫】‎
    Years
  • My favorite hero is ME!!! and my favorite heroine is.....ah i give up,
    i dk which hero/heroine is in gen 3
    could the hero be a Pokemon? ^^

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • My favorite hero is ME!!! and my favorite heroine is.....ah i give up,
    i dk which hero/heroine is in gen 3
    could the hero be a Pokemon? ^^

We are talking about our favorite Player \Hero or Heroine in gen 3 games. Like in Emerald we need to chose either a Female or a Male person (A player) to play with. Maybe your having a misunderstanding. P

Years
  • Mine will probably be the male protagonist of RSE.

He has a unique design, different from the other protagonists prior to this generation.
    I also like his overworld and trainer sprite.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • Mine will probably be the male protagonist of RSE.

He has a unique design, different from the other protagonists prior to this generation.
    I also like his overworld and trainer sprite.

Me too. That Protagonists is my Favorite. For his great design and well looking modern clothes.

ObnoxiousOboe

The Musical Psychic
    Years
  • If immersion was involved, it would be me, but in this case, I would choose May. And May just has that kindness and energy in her, you know. Choosing her as the player character kind of sends out those good vibes!

If heroes/heroines also included support characters, my favorite hero in that case would be Steven Stone from Emerald.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • If immersion was involved, it would be me, but in this case, I would choose May. And May just has that kindness and energy in her, you know. Choosing her as the player character kind of sends out those good vibes!

If heroes/heroines also included support characters, my favorite hero in that case would be Steven Stone from Emerald.

Yeah I agree you ! Yeah she had too kindness in her hearth, Me too. I also like the Hero from Emerald\Ruby\Saphire

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Due to the same reason as Unidentified, I really liked Brendan--the hero of RSE. His trainer sprite looked quite awesome, and so did his over-world. My second favorite is definitely Red, and May would have to be the third.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • I also like Breedan Nymphadora its my Favorite Hero in 3rd gen. I like May also.

And Red is a great player IndianCharizard# :P I like RED but generally it may not be able to choose red maybe. As its not a hero that is playable in 3RD gen. It used in GEN 1,2. But I also like RED but not my favorite.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • When I start games, I normally pick whichever protagonist I think looks better, but I find myself constantly stuck between Brendan and May. I usually just flip flop between the two every time I restart my game. Depends on the team I have planned as well, I guess. But yeah, I'm gonna go with both of them.

I'm not a fan of Red's sprite in FRLG, so I always pick Leaf. Plus, you have to play the original games as a male anyway, so that alone is good enough reason that I always pick Leaf when I play FRLG. ...That's not often though, lol.

Years
  • Definitely May as far as 3rd Gen protags are concerned. She was one of my fave female characters in Pokemon for a long time and I think the anime capitalized on that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    May's probably the best NPC (only if you chose 'I'm a boy!' hehe) there has ever been in my opinion. I really enjoyed the journey along with her. I always felt she was a pretty 'bad' trainer though especially considering she never has her starter fully evolved. For years that really bothered me but in the end I put it down to a lack of maturity as a trainer which she often tried to cover up with her speech. I felt this part of the game was kinda put in place to promote debate, or heck, force you even more to trade. Who knows.

Apart from May I'd have to say that Steven Stone is a really well developed character though talking specifically about Ruby/Sapphire. In Emerald I felt that although he was stronger (and not he Champ) that he was quite anti-climatic and they tried too hard to re-do the impact that Trainer Red had in Gold/Silver/Crystal by placing him in a cave and all powerful. In Ruby and Sapphire I actually strive to beat him knowing he's the Champion and to me that was always incredibly motivational.

Years
  • What a fantastic name that Brendan guy has. He's easily the coolest protagonist in not only the 3rd gen games, but in the entire Pokemon series!

In all seriousness, I actually did like Brendan, regardless of what he was named. He had a pretty cool outfit, and I loved the unique hat he wears. And much like Everlark, I didn't care for how Red looked in FR/LG and preferred Leaf, though I've never actually used her in-game.

Back