• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ye Olde Hogwarts RPG of Ye Year of 1 (You got anything better?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbert

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    This is an invite only (If you get a PM from me or anyone designated to do that you have a choice of joining) version of MaH where it is set in OLD TIMES. Yes old times. This means:
    1) First years can join Quidditch
    2) Brooms can't go very fast
    3) There is no Voldemort, the founding fathers are still there and there is no Dumbledore to save your butt.
    4) You can become an Animagus but it will be very hard
    5) You actually have to live in Hogsmeade unless you have transport that will work.

Plot:
    Back in ye olde days of Wizarding history stood a castle owned by four people. Salazar Slytherin, Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw and Helga Hufflepuff.
    The four made the castle as a school to any witch or wizard who was willing to learn more magic. But there was alot of arguments about the houses.
    Salazar Slytherin only wanted full blooded witches and wizards; Godric Gryffindor only wanted brave witches and wizards; Rowena Ravenclaw only wanted smart witches and wizards; and Helga Hufflepuff only wanted nice witches and wizards.
    The four argued over who got which ones. They found huge predicaments. Lots of people had two of the characteristics of other houses. This got them fighting. Yet it was Ravenclaw who came up with the idea to make a hat to sort the people into houses. This stopped the fighting. Well, between the Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor anyways. Little did they know, but Slytherin was going around behind their backs. But this got ignored. And now we are up to you...

You are a young witch or wizard who has just turned eleven and you want to go to Hogwarts. It begins on the first of September. Good luck in school...

NAME:
    PERSONALITY:
    HOUSE:
    OTHER (Optional)

And you can have up to TWO characters. TWO.

PEOPLE WHO HAVE A SPOT:
    Batesy
    ScArLetSkye
    Legendary_Pok?girl
    Legendary_Pok?Master
    PikaMew
    Dark Espeon
    The Adament Dodger
    Raichu Master
    Marina99
    FlygonTrainer
    ShineyElectrode

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • NAME: Vera Shenes
    DESCRIPTION:
    Eye Color: Grey, with faint brown tinge
    Hair Color; length; texture: Dishwater (very dark blonde, but still blonde); three centimeter past shoulder length; straight

Rest of Looks Info: About four foot 3 (I'm terrible at measuring hights, so please correct me if it's like shorter than a computer monitor), has six inch scar of the nape of her neck. Always has her hair down to hide it.

Average, slightly thin build. Light on her feet but has occasionally trips out of clumsiness. Very pale.

Wand: 11 inch Willow, Dragon Heartstring

Likes: Charms, Potions, Herbology and History of Magic, glaring at offenders, and reading.

Dislikes: Transfiguration (she's terrible at it; has to take (Remedial) Transfiguration for the Troubled class, and obvious boys' crushes on her, if any at all (XD).

PERSONALITY: Has a fiery temper when aggravated, usally calm, lax, sarcastic. Fairly nice once you get to know Miss Sarcasm.

HOUSE: Slytherin

Notes: Though in Slytherin, she really isn't like the rest of them, as she is alright with the other Houses, and isn't very interested in cruelty to other Houses, or the Dark Arts.
    Has every other making of a Slytherin, though isn't mean. Has even chances of making friends with other Houses. Excells at Potions and Charms. Has no pets, and she is pureblooded.

Last edited:

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • NAME: Adair Abantiades
    DESCRIPTION: Mixes the wilder features of a Celt with the more refined look of ancient Rome, reflecting his parentage. Wears solely wizarding robes.
    PERSONALITY: Quicksilver, in a word. He can change from stearn and strict to the world's biggest practical joker. Naturally, this made him hard to place. In the end, though, quite studious and rational, lending him to Ravenclaw.
    HOUSE: Ravenclaw
    OTHER: Keeps a snow owl (Euripides) as a pet. Is decended from a line of pure-blood Roman wizards. He's a half-blood, though, his father married a Celtic Muggle. Excellent fencer.

Dogbert

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    Better post mine. Note: I have to characters.

NAME: Brandon Georges

DESCRIPTION: Has short messy brown hair. Really dark brown. Is thin, 1.5 metres in height. Has brown eyes and a necklace is worn that has an amulet on it.

PERSONALITY: Is smart and fairly nice. Makes a quick approach to people to try and make friends. Though he is smart and nice, he is a bit clumbsy. Some Ravenclaw people poke fun.

HOUSE: Ravenclaw

NAME: Merissa Georges

DESCRIPTION: Is George's twin. Has long brown hair with blue eyes. Is thin and is about 1.5 meters high. Like George, Merissa has an amulet necklace.

PERSONALITY: Merissa is the opposite of George. Bad to the bone, co-ordinated and popular. One thing they do share is their smarts. Making Merissa the top girl in Slytherin first grade.

Years
  • okay, after getting creator's permission, here's my sign-up:

NAME: Eclipse Luna
    DESCRIPTION: Her skin is a pale white, like she's never gotten any sunlight on her skin in her live. her hair is raven black, and flows halfway down her back. Her eyes are red, and she can easily affix somebody with a stare that will send chills down thier back. She ALWAYS wears black wizarding robes, and a black hood when she's outside, obscuring much of her face, if not all. It's obvious she wears black clothes even under her robes. Around her neck, though nobody ever sees it, is a gold necklace with a black diamond hanging from it.
    PERSONALITY: She has an icy outward appearence, but she is slow to anger, and is very accepting of others
    OTHER: She's actually a vampire, but one that can resist light, just not sunlight. She never kills when she feeds, instead feeding frequently but not taking much blood.

Dogbert

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    We are starting tommorow (Cause Andra wants to be around when it starts). Everyone is in. I hope Karli and a few others join today,

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • Name: Avril Rin Amherst
    Description: Avril has pastel cerulean eyes that appear dreamy and, as many have said; her eyes seem to penetrate to others? soul. She has gold-ish like waist length hair, only a bit lighter and she is fair skinned. She stands about four foot seven and has slender and petite build. She wears different sorts of clothes.

Personality: Reckless and ecstatic; she?s a child who is always brimming with optimism. She can be mischievous at times and audacious. Sometimes too audacious that she?d risk her life to save an ant. She is also na?ve and boyish and is somewhat stubborn.

Wand~
    Wood: A combination of Holly and Ebony.
    Length: Ten and one quarters
    Core/Enchantment: Unicorn hair that is mixed with an angel hair.

Likes: Fencing; she?s an avid fencer. She also likes DADA, playing any sort of games, and befriending many?whom ever they may be. Another thing is trying out anything risky.

Dislikes: Having nothing to do; she?s quite an active girl despite being lazy [weird, isn?t she? XP], crying, Potions; she?s not very good at that class, seeing any of her friends get hurt and hurting others.

House: Gryffindor

Notes: She is awfully fortunate. Every time she?d wish for something?something that isn?t too bizarre?it always, or almost always, seem to happen. She finds it atypical for her to be lucky since she had been said by her great grandmother that a curse had been lifted upon them; she is unaware of what kind of curse, though. And, as s a sign of the said curse lifted upon her, a rather uncanny insignia was printed on her right arm.

She is a mudblood; her grandparents were a wizard and a witch, though. And she has a snowy owl for a pet, named Jin.

---
    Name: Kanone Li Amherst
    Description: Kanone has messy brown hair and vivid chocolate brown eyes. He?s about five foot one and has a rather brawny build. His eyes always portray mischief, perfectly matching his persona. He wears a plain cotton shirt and black slacks underneath his robes.

Personality: Arrogant, mulish, and mischievous. He is hotheaded and intolerant. He is overprotective of her little sister and would try to ?kill? anyone who hurts her. Once you get o know him, he can be really benevolent but he almost never show that side to anyone other than his sister. He is really lazy but not as lazy as the other Amherst.

Wand~
    Wood: Yew
    Length: Twelve inches.
    Core/Enchantment: Ashwinder Ash

Likes: Causing mischief, teasing Avril or anyone else for that matter, Potions and Herbology.

Dislikes: Seeing his little sister hurt or crying, being caught when doing a prank and being called a mudblood.

House: Slytherin

Notes: He excels in combat, using any kind of weapons except bows. He has a black cat, named Haku and he is a mudblood as well. It was said that he inherited his ancestors unique abilites; he is oblivious to what is, though.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • OOC: I'll start, since we're impatient (meaning Marina and I) now.

But we won't go too far, guys! Just a post or two!
    I'm asssuming that this is a little after the four (who are old by now, perhaps) founded the school, though they're still there...

IC:
    Vera's eyebrows sailed up towards the heavens as her kneeling mother counted off the things in her trunk, which was resting upon the ground.

Irratatedly, she wondered how long the process of having her mother check her trunk would take, and she paced around a few times.

"...Robes... There!" Her mother said cheerfully, slamming down the trunk bearing the leather annitials 'V.S' on the top, whilst saying this to her daughter, who was now pacing around in a offhand way. She stood up, beaming silkily at her daughter.

"Finally, mother. I was wondering when the Earth would stop spinning."
    Vera said sulkily, sarcasm jlacing her voice in a obvious sheet.

"Now Vera. Promise me you will do the best. Promise me that you will listen to th-"

"I know. We've gone over this Hogwarts routine dozens of times, Mother."

"Vera. Don't let anyone stand in your way, as well."
    Her mother continued droning, as though only a troublesome insect had interupted her preaching, as though nothing had happened. The pale girl sighed- she wondered when her mother would begin to actaully get to the point. Such idleness would surely make her late!

"... And wear your hair up-it's the proper way for a young girl to dress, you know..."
    Vera cringed inwardly. And reveal that horrendous scar that she possesed upon the nape of her neck? Most certainly not!

"... I'm sure that you'll get into Slytherin. Only the best! Avoid mudbloods at possible, too. Don't let their filthy kind tarnish you."

What was she? Some sort of a prized china doll? Certainly not!

...Only the best...

Last edited:

Dogbert

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    You are in Marina and I notice Andra is viewing this thread so we can start now! XD
    By the way, Brandon's wand is: Holly, four and a half inches, dragon heart string.
    Merissa: Ebony, three and a half inches, dragon heart string
    ***​
    Two young kids stood still on the first of September in Hogsmeade, looking up at the giant castle. The dark clouds and lightning bolts striking every twenty seconds were not encouraging.
    The two were both scared. One reason was because they had lost their parents a week ago. The other was because they thought they'd be turned away from their friends. Well "friends" who were now not in touch.
    One of the two was an eleven year old girl. She had long brown hair with blue eyes. She was thin. As skinny as a rake. She was about the average height of an eleven year old girl. On her neck, she wore a necklace that ad an amulet on it. The amulet was in memory of her mother.
    The other child was a boy who looked like the girl. He had short brown hair. Really dark brown. Like the girl, he was thin. He was about the same size as her. He had blue eyes just like the young girl and a necklace just like hers except this amulet was in memory of his father.

"Well..." said the young boy looking at the castle. "Our destiny awaits, Merissa."
    "Yes," replied the young girl named Merissa. "Are you ready Brandon?"
    The young boy named Brandon, replied with a short and quick answer: "Yes."

The two headed down to the lake that blocked them from the castle. Lots of other kids were trying to get accross too. Merissa spotted two kids trying to swim accross but were eaten by a giant squid. Merissa smirked. The pain of other people was like music to her ears.

"How are we meant to get accross?" Brandon heard a boy ask. Brandon looked around and found a man with black hair. On his robe he bared an emblem (or something) with a lion with red behind it. On it, it said "Gryffindor"
    The man obviously heard the boy because he gave an answer that was relevant to the question: "Easy!" he said. "We swim!" Everyone gulped. "Just messing with your chains!" he chortled. "I'll transport you accross with a transport spell!"

Years
  • I let a small breath escape me as I finally stopped. I had just fed, and even though I was dillusional from the blood in my stomach, i was aware enough to know that the person I had sucked blood from was after me. I managed to run up a wall, and though i didn't know what happened, I could hear swearing. Finally. Everything was packed. Extra clothes, my wand, that was redwood with a powdered dragon's fang inside it, a small python, and a black owl. the python could easily stay hidden in my bag. Finally, I got to my feet, and took off, to what i could only hope would be a santuary..

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • "Goodbye Mother-!" Vera said cooly, as her mother suddenly dissapeared into thin air.

A icy wind blew across her face, and she shivered as she edged toward the vast lake before her.

"Just one thing, Mother," She monotonously whispered out to to the waters, her voice now showing a slight trace of panic.

"How am I supposed to get over there!?" She roared, kicking at some sand in the direction of the opposite bank.
    To her displeasure, some of the crowd a few paces over eyed her curiously. She shot a poisionous look at them, that clearly spelled 'Try me, you lot'. A chubby boy whimpered suddenly as a tall, sandy-haired man suddenly strode toward her out of seemingly nowere.

What she noticed was that a green crest was embroidered upon the right side of his robes-

"Child, child. Calm down." He said in a smooth tone, speaking with a slight hiss that perfectly resembled a snake's. Vera glared at him defiantly, too, and he at her.

"Show respect for your elders..." He simply said, then walked up to her, striking her across the right cheek. It left a faint red mark across it's path.

She flinched and slightly raised her palm up to the wounded bodypart, but he coyly smirked, then said;

"... It will take you far." The man empathised the word far, then noticably glared at some other man infront of the dense crowd over his shoulder.

"Here." With a nimble move, he swiped a wand from one of the pockets of his ebony robes, and muttered something, jabbing the tip at the far end of the lake, then at himself, Vera, and the trunk.

Another wind chilled the impatient girl, and suddenly, to her unexpected thrill, she, along with him, was whisked to the other side.

She tripped from the shock, landing on her knees.
    Vera quickly stood up, hoping that this stranger had not seen her fall, and cursed him inwardly for making her do so.

Then, realizing that he had aided her in getting across, she looked up to thank him.
    But he had already started gliding towards the sillouhette (RPNote: I know, spelled wrong- I think) of a mammoth castle.

Suddenly, in his stride, he turned, and said;

"Remember: Respect. Obedience. Then you will go far."
    He turned again, resuming his walk.

Vera stood, gaping at his back, where a larger version of the emerald crest lay, bearing a snake which she hadn't noticed before.

As the hurt cheek stung, she began dragging up her trunk to the castle.

Dogbert

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    OOC: Yeah I think that is spelt right, Andra. And yes, that was kind of the spell I was looking for.

BIC:
    The man came over to Brandon and Merissa.
    "I heard about your parents," he said. "But I'm sure that they will live on happily in your memories!"
    His comforting made the two orphans feel better. Even Merissa.
    "You will be first to go over to the otherside with this group!" he told the two pulling out his wand and pointing it at the castle. He then pointed it at the two children and himself. They then teleported to the otherside. It felt as though tey had been running at the speed of light.
    When they got there they found themselves in front of a big door. In the distance, Brandon could see a girl dragging a trunk up to the castle. Brandon ran over to her.
    "Do you need any help?" he asked the girl. "By the way my name is Brandon Georges. Up at the castle is my sister, Merissa!"

Years
  • After what seemed like an eternity of running, I managed to get to a lake, nearly collapsing. I was lucky i had fed right before setting out, or i wouldn't have had the energy. I glansed around, seeing if there would be anyone around.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Vera's silver-colored eyes narrowed, stopping a minute to survey the two.
    "No, thanks. I'm fine. Thanks for the offer, though. I'm Vera." She said curtly, then went back to shoving the trunk up the hill.

Like she needed help! Pah!

Alright... She did. But she wouldn't admit it to anyone. Accepting help from others was considered a weakness in her family. Weaknesses were forbidden.

Dogbert

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    "Okay," said the young boy following her. "So where are you from? I'm from a house close to the lake in Hogsmeade."

Back at the castle Merissa was listening to Brandon. "Trust him to try and flirt with a girl that's near him and isn't me!" she said smirking.

Years
  • "it looks like you are in need of assistance" I heard a voice say from behind me. I whirled around, to come face-to-face with a person with almost as pale skin as mine. I backed away slightly, thinking that he met my death, especially when I saw him pull a robe out form under his cloak. with a flick of his wand, it felt like i was pulled from where i had been standing to the other side of the lake. Not really thinking about the castle, it was nothing new, my gaze locked onto several other kids heading into the castle. I followed them, carrying my bags, though they probably didn't weigh much.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Vera didn't turn around; she just kept pushing, rolling her eyes as she did.
    "Twine Crossing Paths." The girl stated plainly, annoyed by this boy. Who did he think he was? At least the boy's sister was alright.

Pushing a lock of hair back, yet another shrill wind tugged on her body, ticking her hair.
    When would she get up to Hogwarts and away from those people? The hike up the jagged rocks and grass seemed endless.

Dogbert

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    Brandon ran back up the hill to her sister.
    "I don't think she likes me!" he whispered to her.
    "Of course she doesn't!" she replied smirking. "Who would like you?"

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Vera struggled over a rock. Then another bump.
    Endless.
    Why on earth did she have to end up meeting a-a- a flirt?! She hated it when the opposite gender did that. Not like it ever happened to her, though- always to her perfumed rat of a sister, Lina.
    Stupid idiot of a girl.
    Boys always fawning over the spoiled git of a teenager-

"Spare me." She stated dryly, sarcasm oozing from her voice, as the hill finally smoothed out onto a plain, and twinkling lights from the castle patterned onto the wavy grass.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back