• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The dark brooder type.

Crux

Evermore
Years
So recently I watched the movie Red Riding Hood,and was perfectly happy with it...well,until the end.

I have to leave,until I can protect you from myself. `^`

This got me thinking,am I the only one tired of the "Dark Brooder" characters that the modern cinema world is now riddled with?
Okay,I get it,you're a cursed vampyre,lycanthrope,or whatever. Just go stand in the ever growing crowd of teens/young adults over there and mope about,maybe you'll get somewhere. :l
I'll admit,the first time it was almost a cool character design,but can't we move on?

Why not have it go something like:
"Wait,don't go."
"I don't want to hu-"
"For you,i'd become a monster."
Boom happy,yet still dark,ending.They can then live forever together. (Dogs mate for life,immortality lasts a long time.)

Maybe it's just me,either way...Discuss! Debate! Eat Donuts! I'm anxious to hear your thoughts. :D

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I... guess this'd go in General Entertainment since it's about cinema. Moving it there now.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
This got me thinking,am I the only one tired of the "Dark Brooder" characters that the modern cinema world is now riddled with?
Okay,I get it,you're a cursed vampyre,lycanthrope,or whatever. Just go stand in the ever growing crowd of teens/young adults over there and mope about,maybe you'll get somewhere. :l
I'll admit,the first time it was almost a cool character design,but can't we move on?
Im tired of it too. Movies characters are all the same nowadays. Theres no innovation in cinema.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Im tired of it too. Movies characters are all the same nowadays. Theres no innovation in cinema.

What a lovely, shallow view of the cinematic world!

Well, audiences have always responded well to the mysterious, brooding figure (James Dean, anyone?), so naturally Hollywood, in an age where money over originality rules supreme, would milk the brooding figure for profit.

Back