• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Icontest #2 - Video Games [Voting Period]

Whose icon appeals to you the most?

• SNOR(es)LAX

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • ★Hoenn★

• BinaryPeaches

• Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reb0rn

• xxkaylabby

• AnonygooseD

• Snowdrop

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Sunfished

• TwilightBlade

• Avishka

• Curious.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • LilJz1234

• Felly

• Bartolomeo

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    {icontest - video games}
    voting stage
    Details
    That's right everyone! We have now entered the voting period of A&D's second icontest : video games! Please read the rules, review all of the entries carefully, and vote for the icon that you liked the most.
    Deadline - July 1st, 2013
    Rules
    • Please make sure that you, as participant, vote before July 1st. This gives you 10 days to submit your vote. It is optional for non-participants but it isn't so for you. It's mandatory that you vote or you'll be disqualified.
    • Although it's okay if you just vote and go along, it is expected of you that you make a small post underlining why you voted for the icon that you did. No need to write huge paragraphs; a single line would honestly suffice if you don't want to write much!
    • Do not vote for yourself.
    • Be polite, respectful, and mindful of the artist's work. Try to avoid comments like, "well, I would have done [insert icon] this way." or, "I don't think any of the icons are that great based on [insert opinions]". Comments like that undermine the effort the artists put in and subtract from the spirit of icontest. We love to hear everyone's feedback, good and bad, but please be tasteful about it.

Entries

SNOR(es)LAX
    K3NgeG4.png

Stock
    Background Stock

★Hoenn★
    MyIkon-Copy_zpsa2ef050a.png

Stock 1 | Stock 2

BinaryPeaches
    1m4HDaV.png

Stock

Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
    2_zps7e61e8f1.png

Stock

Reb0rn
    zeldaicon_zps146c89b6.png

Stock

xxkaylabby
    30rsfas.jpg

stock

AnonygooseD
    at1one.png

Stock

Snowdrop
    tumblr_mnucpoVOfa1refwjmo1_100.png

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/File:Midna_Laughing.png
    http://i.stack.imgur.com/z3O0A.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/742ec3f4c...fwjmo2_400.jpg
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/88a7e9554...fwjmo3_500.jpg

Sunfished

http://www.lamemoiredupad.net/wp-con...omberman_5.jpg

TwilightBlade
    lilithiconart.png

Stock here

Avishka
    XOnIWG5.jpg

Stock here.

Curious.
    nYMa4V8.png

Stock here

LilJz1234
    finalfantasy7adventchildrenviiffviiff7tifalockhartwallpaperbackgroundsquareenixmoviesony_zpsd14e705d.jpg

The stock is here

Felly
    PCicontest2.png

Original image is here. I also used this image for the background.

Bartolomeo
    wbtrklr.png

Stock

Reb0rn

Son of a Plunder
    Years
  • I voted for Snowdrop, the whole image just captures Midna so well. And it's easily the best.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I voted for Curious. Great selection of picture of Spryo.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The best one around here has to be that Snowdrop's Midna. After looking through the stock I realised what a clever designing it was.

Coming close must be TwilightBlade.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I vote for Bartolomeo. I like the character, the colors are good and the image is nicely cropped.

Sirfetch’d

All of the entries were good once again, but I voted for Snowdrop's as I felt it was the best overall. Nice work!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Almost forgot about this; casting my vote for Bartolomeo. Nice use of the game render rather than using fanart. Good pink colors too. The white is creamy and lovely looking too.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Icontest #2 - video games
    the monthly icon-making competition

It was a very close match, with two members pulling ahead of the pack. The winners are:
    Winners
    Snowdrop
    tumblr_mnucpoVOfa1refwjmo1_100.png

Bartolomeo
    wbtrklr.png
    (Runner Up)

Congratulations to Snowdrop and Bartolomeo for some excellent work! You should be receiving your emblems shortly! Also, a big congrats to all of the participants as well. I've only been running icontest for 2 sessions now, but it's clear some very substantial progress has been made. You all deserve a pat on the back. :]

You know the drill! The winners are now allowed to decide the next theme of icontest #3. This thread here will serve as a discussion thread for the winners to take other contestants' opinions into consideration (if they wish to do so) and come to a conclusion regarding the theme of the next icontest.

With that said, hope you people had fun in this competition. I sure did. Let the discussion begin!

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Hm... okay, I'll put my suggestion in >:)

Maybe the next topic can be real life animals. We could use any species of animal in our submission, extinct or alive. No mythicals, though...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Wow, I actually put more efforts this time into my work but not even one vote. My last art had one vote and I didn't work that much on it. /cryinafetalposition

I like Snowdrop's suggestion, animals. BUT I also would like a mythical animal contest too!

Or maybe even a superhero theme? Only from comics and not manga :] (Comic book fanboy in me is kicking in right now)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Wow, I actually put more efforts this time into my work but not even one vote. My last art had one vote and I didn't work that much on it. /cryinafetalposition

Ah, the icontest is a cruel mistress indeed.

Snowdrop, I love the idea of real life animals. :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Excellent. So the theme for the next Icontest will be animals. :) I'll be making a new icontest thread asap!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back