• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderator Problem?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Hmm, seems like this forum has a lot of problems with power tripping mods.

And you're getting this from where exactly?

And that is what I was getting at, as it is, if the member isn't contacted they won't know what exactly in their thread requires attention, which can become quite the problem.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
Hmm, seems like this forum has a lot of problems with power tripping mods.
What on earth could a mod do with the powers they get? And how would it even apply to this thread?

Anyway, the subforum thing is an ok idea as well. Regarding embaressment: not that is ever likely to work, but having other people's mistakes on display could encourage people not to make that mistake themselves.

(Also, Sydian, unless you are talking about a secret mod ninja power that I am not aware of, I wasn't meaning sending alerts to the mods - I was meaning sending PMs to the rejected thread owners as the rejection was being submitted. Think of your rejection button or whatever leading to a page with a box that makes you write up a reason for deletion, which gets sent to the thread owner under the title "Your thread "XXXX" has been rejected")

EDIT: For anyone still in doubt, this is the jist of what I meant. Spoilered for massive.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
OK, well knowing that problem has already been solved. If what Cilerba said was the case, then that really was the case. Just remember, if a thread isn't approved, then it means that it doesn't meet the requirements for the forum that you're posting in.
So three things:
  1. Check the requirements... they should be in the stickied rules for the forum that you're posting in.
  2. Be patient and wait for your thread to get approved.
  3. If your thread doesn't get approved by 2 days, don't hesitate to ask one of the Moderators in the forum, they are listed on the bottom right corner of any forum/section. And ask them why your thread wasn't approved, they will always tell you. Oh and I'm sure they'd reply in 24 hours, so don't worry. ;)
yes. the mods keep tripping over the power cord to the server.

this is the secret to all those database errors.

How would they exactly have a cord? (well maybe for a computer they would) PokéCommunity is not a buisness... it's a forum for Pokémon fans. The database errors are caused by just some impairment in the database, that is all. The database doesn't run on a cord, and the staff live in many different parts of the world... so how exactly would they live in one building, eh? And don't worry, the database errors do get fixed in the end, Steve always fixes the database and eliminates any problems that would be causing the database errors. Not to get off topic or anything, but they did close the Username Change thread for a reason, y'know. :o
And of course... it's an SQL database. ;)

Melody

Banned
Years
I definitely think if there were any way that a moderator could generate a message to the user of the rejected thread that would be quite nice. Perhaps if we can't implement what Jakeyboy there is showing...if we can implement such a forum with special permissions so that only the creator and staff can see the thread that would work too.

If that's just a fail idea...how about we set special permissions for moderated forums so that members can still only read their own soft deleted threads? Would that be so hard to implement forum wide? Members don't need to see other's soft deleted threads, that's why those threads were soft deleted...they needed to be removed from the public eye. I certainly think that way a mod could post inside that thread, soft delete it and it still appear to the creator. Creator opens the thread, reads what the mod has to say, recreates the thread, improves it so it can be approved, and voila! Mod approves the better thread and everyone lives and learns!

I am suggesting this because I know it's possible. If you can view the soft deleted comments of your blog, why wouldn't it be possible for threads, and would it really be that hard or harmful to give members the permission to see their own deleted threads so long as they couldn't edit or post in them?

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
How would they exactly have a cord? (well maybe for a computer they would) PokéCommunity is not a buisness... it's a forum for Pokémon fans. The database errors are caused by just some impairment in the database, that is all. The database doesn't run on a cord, and the staff live in many different parts of the world... so how exactly would they live in one building, eh? And don't worry, the database errors do get fixed in the end, Steve always fixes the database and eliminates any problems that would be causing the database errors. Not to get off topic or anything, but they did close the Username Change thread for a reason, y'know. :o

replying seriously to joke posts is pretty weird

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
What on earth could a mod do with the powers they get? And how would it even apply to this thread?

Anyway, the subforum thing is an ok idea as well. Regarding embaressment: not that is ever likely to work, but having other people's mistakes on display could encourage people not to make that mistake themselves.

(Also, Sydian, unless you are talking about a secret mod ninja power that I am not aware of, I wasn't meaning sending alerts to the mods - I was meaning sending PMs to the rejected thread owners as the rejection was being submitted. Think of your rejection button or whatever leading to a page with a box that makes you write up a reason for deletion, which gets sent to the thread owner under the title "Your thread "XXXX" has been rejected")

EDIT: For anyone still in doubt, this is the jist of what I meant. Spoilered for massive.
Spoiler:
I have to commend you for the amount of effort you put into creating those images. You done well, son.

As an ex-staff member I can tell you that we live with the database on a shared rotational basis. At least one admin always has to be present, and there's usually a few moderators and stuff there as well. It's all part of the duties of being a moderator. If you don't believe me, why do you think so many staff members pair up with each other? ;)

Things get kind of ugly there though, and so it's probably the main underlying reason as to why a lot of staff leave. However, I do have many fond memories of the place, like that time Sotomura almost burnt down the entire kitchen. haha, oh boy...

Back