• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What themeparks have you been to? / What are your favorites?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
  • I've been to Disneyland before, I think. Maybe when I was younger.

Anyways Kings Dominion is probably my favourite theme/amusement park. There's lots of (water) rides and stuff, I just love it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You lucky man, Audy. Anyway, I've been to Disney World and Universal Studios. I don't care for theme parks much though, but those were both fun. It's been so long since I've been to them though, so I wouldn't really be able to tell you which one I like better. XD;

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Y'know I've never been to a theme park, except unless you count LegoLand when I was about 2-3 years old. I preferred museums and the zoo and things like that as a kid.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Uhm... let's see.

• Disney World (Every place. Though I haven't gone to Hollywoods Studios since then changed the name)
    • Universal Studies/Island of Adventures
    • Busch Gardens (Africa)
    • Six Flags (Colorado & Georgia)
    • Dolly World
    • Sea World (Florida)
    Aaaaand... I think that's it. Most of them are in Florida where I live, sooooo. xD;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Wow, I've been to so many theme parks I just can't remember them all, but here are the ones I can recall:
    -Sea World
    -Legoland
    -Movie World, or something like that
    -Boardwalk?
    -Universal Studios

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Never been to a themepark, lol. I'm too poor for that sort of stuff. When I was younger, I thought minigolf was the closest you could get to a theme park, hahah.
    But since I'll be going to America next year, I can't wait to go to Disneyland in California, omg.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • I've been to..

- Universal studios
    - Sea World
    - Tokyo Dome
    - Disney
    - Ocean park
    ... and probably a few more smaller ones but I can't remember.. Dx

Years
  • Been to Disney Land a few times, though not for a long time.

Also been to Six Flags (although it was called Marine World or something like that when I went, I think), Sea World, and Universal Studios, but Disneyland is much more fun overall since there's just more to do there.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    • Dorney Park/Wildwater Kingdom (Allentown, PA)
    • HersheyPark (Hershey, PA)
    • Dutch Wonderland (Lancaster, PA)
    • Knobels (Elysburg, PA)

I live in PA, so these 4 theme parks are the ones I've been to. We would always spend the day there and come back when it's dark.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I'd first like to point out that I hate rollercoasters and the like because I had a terrible experience when I was younger and I went on my first ride. So my favourites are generally the ones that have stuff to do other than feel G-Force. :P

Sea World (Melbourne)
    Movie World (Melbourne)
    Wonderland (Sydney)

I'd love to go to Disney Land, or the Harry Potter one, but they are sort of not anywhere near me... xP Maybe if I'm over there, and I can convince the parentals...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I've been to.

Darien Lake (back when it was associated with Six Flags), which is between Buffalo and Rochester, New York.

Marine Land, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada (5th grade class trip)

Carowinds, Charlotte, NC/Fort Mill, SC.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Oh, I LOVE roller coasters! Although it's been ages since I've been on one. The following list could be all kinds of wrong, but these are the only ones I can definitely remember:

• Legoland Windsor: I remember getting my first driving licence here when I was about 3! It was a Lego car, but IT STILL COUNTS, DAMMIT!
    • Lightwater Valley: A craptastic theme park in North Yorkshire that only merits conversation due to it having the longest roller coaster in Europe - the Ultimate. It's not that great, but it is hella long.
    • Flamingo Land: An even more craptastic theme park in Northern England that barely merits conversation at all, notwithstanding the zoo inside.
    • Alton Towers: One of the best known theme parks in the UK. Pretty good, if I recall, but Oblivion was flooded on the day that we went.
    • Disneyland Paris: I definitely did go here, but I can't remember anything about it other than Cinderella's castle. I was 3-years-old, to be fair.
    • Walt Disney World Resort: Essentially, we went to Animal Kingdom and Epcot, which were both awesome. Epcot was probably more awesome as in the World Showcase there was a shop that sold British chocolate AT RIDICULOUS PRICES but it was so much nicer than the American crap I'd lived on for two weeks.
    • Universal's Islands of Adventure: Best roller coasters I've been on. Hands down. The Incredible Hulk and Duelling Dragons were just amazing. We went there twice as we enjoyed it so much.
    • SeaWorld Orlando: Actually kinda boring, in all honesty. Can't remember anything about it, other than Shamu of course.
    There may be more, but these are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Years
  • I've been to a few in my lifetime, but none lately. Last one I went to was a few years back. :( The closest one is Worlds of Fun, which I haven't been to, despite living in northeastern Kansas for quite a few years now. Can't find anyone that wants to go out with me! I have been to Oceans of Fun though, but that's a waterpark. Does that count? Because if so there's a rather nice waterpark I went to in Japan called Kenji World I don't have on this list. XD

- There's a really small one I used to go up to as a kid called Bay Beach, up in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The park is actually more like a state fair since it's small and uses tickets to get on rides instead of general admission, but it's a permanent place. It's a fun day trip, or it was when I was a kid. Haven't been since I was in high school, iirc. Maybe even middle school.
    - Six Flags Great America. It was about four or so hours away from where my grandparents lived, but we drove out there a few times when I was a preteen. Loved the roller coasters. :)
    - Went to at least one smaller one when I lived in Japan but I don't remember what it was called or where it even was.
    - Last place I went to was Europa Park, when I was visiting my mom and little brother in Germany the summer between college semesters. (My mom was still in the US Air Force and stationed in Germany.) It's kind of fuzzy, but I want to say the park was separated into little sections based on western European countries in the EU. It was a lot of fun. It had several rollercoasters we tried out, but one was so scary because I thought I was going to fall off every time we turned. ;~;

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I've been to Dorney Park, Hershey Park, Six Flags Great Adventure, Disney World and Universal Studios. Universal Studios was my favorite ride-wise, and Disney World was aesthetically beautiful (then again, so was Universal Studios...). I might have gone to Disney Land when I was really, really young, and a few other theme parks as well, but I wouldn't know and haven't anyone here at the moment who I can ask.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Cedar point is the only good theme park I've been to. It was really fun, I rode all the good coasters.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    [SIZE="a"]I don't go to theme parks very often, although I do remember going to Legoland Windsor a few times and enjoyed it.[/SIZE]

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Drayton Manor and Thorpe Park, both on school trips. xDD; Yeah, I've never really bothered going until I decided to go to the last two end of year trips. :x They were both great fun.

Back