• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I do believe I need some revision.

Cinto

"...AAARGH."
Years
  • Any help would be lovely lD;;;
    Ignore the nicknames, they're just my thing. lol.

Rikku (Espeon) (F) @ Mind Plate
    Trait: Magic Bounce

EVs: 84 HP / 236 Def / 184 SAtk / 4 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Shadow Ball

- Morning Sun

- Grass Knot

- Psyshock

Hector (Haxorus) (M) @ BrightPowder

Trait: Mold Breaker

EVs: 200 Atk / 220 Def / 56 SDef / 32 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Night Slash

- Dragon Claw

- Brick Break

- Earthquake

Mizuki (Vaporeon) (M) @ Mystic Water

Trait: Water Absorb

EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Hydro Pump

- Ice Beam

- Surf

- Wish

Egg Fairy (Blissey) (F) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Toxic

- Seismic Toss

- Wish

- Ice Beam

Kevin (Gigalith) (M) @ Zoom Lens

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def

- Stone Edge

- Return

- Earthquake

- Heavy Slam

Vincent (Mienshao) (M) @ Wide Lens

Trait: Inner Focus

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Hi Jump Kick

- Drain Punch

- Bounce

- Stone Edge

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay, I've been rating in the main CBC forum for quite some time, so I thought this might be a good change of pace.

Before I rate, I'd like to ask: is this an in-game team for competitive purposes?

Anyway, on with the rate.

Some of your EV spreads feel rather different, so I'd like to give advice on each Pokemon individually in regards to how their EVs, natures and move sets match up. You can reset your Pokemon's EVs using EV-reducing berries from the Dream World:

Espeon's best stats are its Special Attack and Speed, so you should focus on pooling all your EVs into both of those stats, with the remaining 4 in HP or either of the defenses. Your current EV spread isn't using Espeon's good stats to their fullest. It might be a better idea to have a Timid Espeon, since it can outspeed as much as it can, but Modest is fine if you need the power real badly.

Just by looking at Vaporeon's stats, it's more of a defensive Pokemon, but bulky attacking/supporting isn't bad. Since Vaporeon is more of a tankish support Pokemon, replace Hydro Pump with Toxic so that it can cripple other non-Steel defensive Pokemon.

For Haxorus, its best stats are its Attack and Speed, even though the latter is somewhat slow compared to other Pokemon. Change the EV spread to 36 HP/252 Atk/220 Spe or 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe. Give it a Choice Band to make it hit hard right off the bat:
    -Outrage (I know it leaves you confused after 2-3 turns, but Choice Pokemon aren't meant to stay in for long)
    -Earthquake
    -Brick Break
    -Dragon Claw/Dual Chop
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 36 HP/252 Atk/220 Spe or 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Mold Breaker

For future EV training, and I'm using Gigalith as an example: don't max out a defensive stat without maximizing HP first; that gives the Pokemon inefficient bulk to work with. Gigalith should move all its Defense EVs into HP. Replace Heavy Slam and Return with Stealth Rock and Explosion respectively. The former is for hazard support; the latter is a powerful attack to use before Gigalith goes down.

Regenerator is the superior ability for Mienshao because despite its low defenses, Mienshao can make good use of U-turn to replenish its health while hitting the opponent at the same time; I hate to say it, but you have to do some re-breeding for a Jolly Regenerator Mienfoo to train with:
    -Fake Out
    -U-turn
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Stone Edge
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Regenerator

For Blissey, it can't do much offensively outside of Seismic Toss and super effective hits from its coverage move. Replace Seismic Toss or Ice Beam with Protect to ensure that Blissey gets the Wish. You can also consider Flamethrower for Steels. By the way, did that Blissey come from that Gen III event?

Okay, I think I'm done here. If this post doesn't suit the in-game team environment, Wolflare can go ahead and delete this.

Back