• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scariest Video Game Enemy?

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
  • Ornes from Kid Icarus: Uprising. I don't know if its the music or if i'm scared of being insta-killed, but whenever I encounter one my heart rate increases by 1000.

Dead Hand from OOT: These things are just terrifying. Here's a quote from Peanutbuttergamer all about these horrifying things.
    You walk into a room and then there are nothing but arms and hands with fingernails that are much too long and red, and then... nothing happens at all. Until eventually... YOU'RE GRABBED BY THE HAND AND THE DEAD HAND IS COMING FOR YOU, AND HE WILL COME FOR YOU UNTIL YOU'RE DEAD AND HE'LL EAT YOU WITH HIS MOUTH, AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO AND YOU WILL DIE...

Years
  • Fast headcrabs and fast zombies. I'm getting chills just thinking about it. I can't but feel dirty and violated as they thrash themselves around me with those horrible grunting and gurgling sounds. And even when you pause the game, the sounds continue to play on loop DX

Spoiler:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Anything on the last 20 floors of the Via Infinito in FFX-2. Every enemy there is a boss that could wipe your party out in an instant unless you're prepared. Your best bet is have first strike and just run out of any battles you come across. Chances are you'll run into someone who will inflict terrible status effects that will completely shut you down or someone who is just so outright powerful that you don't have the HP to tank it.

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
    Years
  • The screams of ReDeads just scare the crap out of me.
    Slenderman, nuff said.
    Fast Zombies from Half-Life, they don't look really scary, but those screams :(
    I haven't really played much horror games, because I'm a pussy, so I can't think of anything else.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Piggsy from Manhunt. I've been constantly afraid of him my whole life because he's freakin' mental and the battle with him is downright terrifying.

Also pretty much every psychopath from the Dead Rising series.

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
    Years
  • Dead Hand, Redeads, Wallmasters. OOT was scary.

I used to be terrified of Master Hand as a kid. Probably from the evil laughter before the boss fight...

I also used to be terrified of the Witches from Left 4 Dead. Not so much anymore, but I still nope the hell out of there when I hear crying.

Splicers still give me jumpscares in Bioshock and my first encounter with a Little Sister was terrifying until I found out they were actually innocent.

I refuse to play scary games or watch horror movies because I'm guaranteed to have nightmares for weeks and/or be sleep deprived no matter what movie/game it is. So I don't have very many enemies to say.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Uboa from this one game(forgot the name), you turn off a light, there's a chance of uboa appearing, and you can't escape and everything turns creepy with like eyes watching you and stuff.

zroc

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Pyramid head from silent hill. Just hearing the great knife scrape across the ground was enough to make me stop playing alone. Pretty much anything from silent hill was creepy.

tnfsf11

First of all, happy birthday! Looks like I'm late but yeah glad you put it up here so people can see it :)

Back to the topic, first thing I'd say the "shadow people" from Silent Hill 1 (the ones who actually attack), they're like transparent game models but you can see their outline a bit black-ish, but since the game is already extremely dark they're invisible like 90% of the time... :P
    Also the little babies/zombies from the school in the game, I suddenly find 2-3 of them in front of me & one grabs me making it impossible to attack while the other waits until the first let go then takes his turn right afterwards... If I don't kill at least 1 of them quickly with the gun before they approach me then I'm done for. ^_^
    And the mutant creatures from the sewers, they descend from the ceiling in a blink of an eye & attack with sharp claws, not to mention that they're pretty fast & I barely escape them considering that I'm a normal guy & not a stunt man.

Oh and...
    Pyramid head from silent hill. Just hearing the great knife scrape across the ground was enough to make me stop playing alone. Pretty much anything from silent hill was creepy.
    I've seen him in the movie only but he freaked the hell outta me! I wonder how he's like in the games... >_>

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    Uboa from this one game(forgot the name), you turn off a light, there's a chance of uboa appearing, and you can't escape and everything turns creepy with like eyes watching you and stuff.

Is that the thing from Yume Nikki that looks a little like a derpy Scream?

I would say the Gatherers from Amnesia were pretty scary, but they've been worn out. Sure, the weird dangling jaw and the massive claws were kind of frightening at first, but the craze has kind of settled.

If anyone has played "The Witch's House" (The first horror game I played and actually was afraid of) the legless girl in the end gave me a flip -- anything that can crawl THAT fast without the use of legs shouldn't EVER exist.

I rather enjoy horror games, but not very many are that frightening. A lot of them have great story lines, but that's about all I've ever seen them offer aside from the random jumpscare. I liked "The Witch's House" so much because it played with the atmosphere and rooms when you went backwards.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Those Buzzes from Donkey Kong Country 3. Zingers were pretty cool but why do these robotic bees have to replace them? Robotic insects are disgusting and very scary. Oh, and also, if they're robotic, how come they are practically found everywhere?

Years
  • This may sound very weird, but in Donkey Kong 64 there were these moments where you could go inside a log cabin to do a mission, and if you ran out of time, a deep voice out of nowhere would say "Get out..." And a crosshair would appear on the screen. 10 seconds, instant death. It kinda freaked me out, haha. And in freaking Donkey Kong!

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • Hands down.

Ocarina of Time's Redead's
    ReDeadAttack.gif

The scream & how they followed you really got to me as a kid. I HATED the castle grounds as grown up Link.

EDIT: GHOULS. From Fallout New Vegas. As i used to turn down the brightness inside when i knew Ghouls were inside. As i knew it would make things scarier as you would here WHACK! out of nowhere. {XD}

Last edited:

SinfulGuroRose

Ignore me, I'm socially inept.
    Years
  • I admit with my more morbid tendencies, the creepy things don't tend to scare me. But I will tell you, the shadow people and manipulations from Alan Wake terrify me. ; A; For some reason, the thought of only being able to kill them with light from a limited life flashlight and bullets from a gun with limited, hard to find ammo is the worst thing ever.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Andross from Starfox 64 was a scary one. When battling against him, he looks at you with his big eyes and smiles. That terrifies me. Also, when you finally defeat him, his brain and eyeballs manages to survive and starts attacking you. The guardians from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword were also pretty scary. There were mace guardians, and then there were flying guardians. In the game, you had to collect Sacred Tears from the Silent Realms without disturbing them. If they catch you, then you'll be required to recollect all of your Sacred Tears from the beginning.

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Ganondorf from the Legend of Zelda series tops my list. His concept is simply horrifying, haha. Right down to his bright red hair and vomit-colored skin. The way he carries himself in the games and portrays his views on the world definitely fit the bill for an evil ultra-lord. His schemes to steal the princess and obtain the full Triforce are always diabolical, but the bright side to it all is a strong villain always makes a game that much more interesting. I would even go so far to say that it motivates me to get through the game and defeat him! If you can pull off a character with that kind of effect on gamers, all the better for the game. Personally, I think Ganon's one of the many reasons why LoZ is so popular.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Oh wait I learned that Giygas was not based off that. The story of how he was thought of goes like this:
    The creator was in the movie theaters and he accidentally went into the wrong movie and he heard a bloodcurdling scream and he thought it was r***, and traumatized him, when it was actually like murder. That's why when you damage giygas more, he gets bigger, and you start to notice a fetus shaped thing.

Back