• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LiquidR's Gallery

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
  • Heyy, I'm back and with some new sprites.
    It has been a while since I've edited sprites. But I've tried my best to get god results.

The first 2 sprites are revamps of PKMN Gold sprite. They have the D/P colors.
    gbg001[DPC].png
    gbg001[DPC](Shiny).png

This is a recolor of the Advance-generation in D/P colors. It's very hard to see, that's why the original is next to it. The left one is mine.
    pkfrlg001[DPC].png
    pkfrlg001.png

At the moment, I'm still working on these 3 sprite revamps.

PKMN Gold:
    gbg004[DPC].png

PKMN Yellow:
    gby003[DPC].gif

gby025[DPC].png

My next update will be very soon. It will involve some revamps of Crystal sprites.
    Hope you like them. Some tips or tricks are welcome.

Catch y'all later.

Update:
    I've got the first frame of D/P Bulbasaur in the colortable of silver(left one) and gold(right one)
    dpmfa001[Silver].png
    dpmfa001[Gold].png

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Very nice revamps. I have't touched that kinda stuff in awhile. I'll have to find mine and make a thread, but anyway. You aren't doing a bad job, when you get more experienced, try to deform the sprites as you devamp them, that way they will look more like that era of spriting. (If you don't know what I'm talking about I'm talking about the anatomy is really off as you go further back. Especially in Green)

But overall your execution was great. I noticed on the charmander you left that ugly red in the outline, try to redo the entire pokemon shading like the style you want. Such as Ruby or Fire Red or somthing to increase its overall look. ANd try to correct any anatomical errors. But otherwise you are doing great.

LiquidR

Years
  • I noticed on the charmander you left that ugly red in the outline, try to redo the entire pokemon shading like the style you want. Such as Ruby or Fire Red or somthing to increase its overall look. ANd try to correct any anatomical errors. But otherwise you are doing great.
    Like I said in the frst post: I have to do more stuff on the Charmander, Venusaur en Pikachu, 'cause they weren't finished yet.

Anyway, I've god some new sprites I want to show. The colortable is from the Advance generation.

These 2 are from pkmn Gold.
    Ditto_REVAMP.png
    &
    Ditto_REVAMP_shiny.png

Next I've got 6 back revamps from the G/S/C generation.
    Croconaw(Back)_REVAMP.png
    &
    Croconaw(Back)_REVAMP_shiny.png

Pikachu(Back)_REVAMP.png
    &
    Pikachu(Back)_REVAMP_shiny.png

Ditto(Back)_REVAMP.png
    &
    Ditto(Back)_REVAMP_shiny.png

I've also got 2 sprites of Crystal
    Ditto_Crystal_REVAMP.gif
    &
    Ditto_Crystal_REVAMP_shiny.gif

That's all for now

Catch y'all later

Update:

Check out. I've got 2 more sprites, both from Crystal.
    gbc114(Revamp_Tangela).gif

gbc101(Revamp_Electrode).gif

Last edited:

LiquidR

Years
  • Is my work so common or am I just a very bad spriter?

Anyway, I'm back and I've got 4 more sprites again.
    Lugia has the Advance generation colortable.
    Lugia_REVAMP.png
    &
    Lugia_REVAMP_shiny.png

Pupitar has the D/P colors
    Pupitar_REVAMP(Gold)[DPC].png
    &
    Pupitar_REVAMP_shiny(Gold)[DPC].png

Catch y'all later

Update:
    Got 2 more sprites also in the Advance generation colortable.
    Totodile_REVAMP.png
    &
    Totodile_REVAMP_shiny.png

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • First off don't double post its against the rules. Just letting ya know.

Secondly again your revamps are nice abut when you revamp try to color the outline more like the newer versions or do you own shading. But again those are my ideas you don't have to do them. You are doing a perfect job anyway.

Bakun

Not active here.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    Love em ;D Especally since they r from GSC, the best games in the series =)

LiquidR

Years
  • Thnx. I choose this because these where more resembles to the current gen.

It's been awhile since I've posted an update. Been very busy with work and school.
    But I've got a little update. 2 from crystal and 1 from silver

From Crystal
    gbc100[DPC].gif

gbc174[DPC].gif

From Silver
    gbs114[DPC].png

Catch y'all on the flipside ;)

Years
  • Thnx. I choose this because these where more resembles to the current gen.

It's been awhile since I've posted an update. Been very busy with work and school.
    But I've got a little update. 2 from crystal and 1 from silver

From Crystal
    gbc100[DPC].gif

gbc174[DPC].gif

From Silver
    gbs114[DPC].png

Catch y'all on the flipside ;)

Igglybuff is a bit plain to me. :P Wel dry because there's no lightsoucre. Last one could use more help, but you got an okay.

~A.R

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Your revamps aren't all that close to being of any quality level. At the moment you've been retaining the original shading, and so they're nothing more than recolours. When revamping, you should remove all shading and make the outline completely black, then work from there.This way, you can easily adhere to the 3rd generational sprite style.

In any case, what'd be best to do when revamping is have a 3rd generation version of the Pokémon you are revamping as a reference for your own work.

LiquidR

Years

• Igglybuff is a bit plain to me. :P Wel dry because there's no lightsoucre. Last one could use more help, but you got an okay.

~A.R
    I know. I had some trouble with that one. I'll try to remake that one

Your revamps aren't all that close to being of any quality level. At the moment you've been retaining the original shading, and so they're nothing more than recolours. When revamping, you should remove all shading and make the outline completely black, then work from there.This way, you can easily adhere to the 3rd generational sprite style.

This is a revamp of Anastasia.R.:
    bulbasurci5.png

And these are mine:
    gbg001[DPC].png
    gbg001[DPC](Shiny).png

There is a little diffirence between those 2 but if you have a keen eye (or a magnifying glass), you can see the diffirence. The shades are diffirent and the spots are darker on her bulbasaur

In any case, what'd be best to do when revamping is have a 3rd generation version of the Pokémon you are revamping as a reference for your own work.

I have to admit that I'm no over the top spriter. And I will use your advise in good effort

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    It looks like to me, that you try to retain the original shading. You should re-shade the new re-vamps otherwise they are nothing more then re-colors.

Back