• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen May CoroCoro! Four New Pokémon Revealed!!

Which Pokemon do you like the best?

• Elikiteru

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Gogoat

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Yayakoma

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • Yamchan

Votes: 48 39.3%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps Fly, and Surf,Waterfall will get scap and we get to use Pokemon for travel across the sea, sky, and land too without any need for those Hm's...that'll be nice. Leaving only Flash, Dig, and a few others for Hm's (bringing them back as Hm's/giving them hm's status).

Years
Great great great great great reveal, in my humble opinion. Just lately I saw someone say "Here's hoping they show us something that'll let us speculate for a longgggggg time before the next leak/the release", and frankly this is just right :D

I like the look of the Pokémon- for the most part. Elikiteru... eh. I just don't really like the look of it, that much, but I like the sound of Parabora Charge (basically an electric Absorb/Mega Drain!). And while I wasn't too fond of Yayakoma's design initially (about an hour ago), it's grown on me a little, and I like that it can use Flame Charge.

Now, Gogoat. Yes. I don't care. If we can ride it, that's plenty for me. That and it looks pretty cool, too, but I'm sold.
And I'm already going to have a Yamchamu. It's been decided. I've been waiting for a proper Panda Pokémon ever since Spinda occurred, and NOW WE HAVE ONE. And it'll almost definitely have an evolution, and it's Fighting type, and... I love it.

Moving on- character customisation. Awesome. By the looks of the screen shown, it could well end up being basic enough- limited to the player's complexion and hair colour, but that's still cool, and a big step forward for Pokémon; though given that they're using models now rather than sprites, it's probably much easier for them to've added this.

Very much looking forward to eventually seeing the potential evolutions of these Pokémon, and the full extent of which we can customise our characters! :D

EDIT: Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, no harm in putting it out there again;
(Image spoilered for size thang):

Beside the female Protagonist's art, there's a smaller picture of the Male player riding Gogoat. In that picture, there's a woman carrying.. groceries, or something, and there's a Fennekin on the ground behind her, it looks like it might be following her.

I'd like to think that we might be able to have Pokémon follow us, and if they're big enough we could ride them. Early days to speculate that, I know, but it'd be cool!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Gogoat is pretty interesting. I also like the idea of riding Pokemon. Other Pokemon that we should be able to ride are Arcanine, Dodrio, Tauros, and Salamence, among others.

I also like Yayakoma, and I hope its final evolution is viable in the higher tiers.

Elikiteru, on the other hand, looks... weird. At first I thought it was going to be a prevolution to Mawile, until I read about its actual typing. I hope it gets a good evolution, so that it won't be another Pachirisu/Emolga.

As for Yamchamu... Finally an actual panda! Way better than Spinda! It's not as good as Fennekin, Froakie, Gogoat, or Yayakoma, but it's pretty good.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Great great great great great reveal, in my humble opinion. Just lately I saw someone say "Here's hoping they show us something that'll let us speculate for a longgggggg time before the next leak/the release", and frankly this is just right :D

I like the look of the Pokémon- for the most part. Elikiteru... eh. I just don't really like the look of it, that much, but I like the sound of Parabora Charge (basically an electric Absorb/Mega Drain!). And while I wasn't too fond of Yayakoma's design initially (about an hour ago), it's grown on me a little, and I like that it can use Flame Charge.

Now, Gogoat. Yes. I don't care. If we can ride it, that's plenty for me. That and it looks pretty cool, too, but I'm sold.
And I'm already going to have a Yamchamu. It's been decided. I've been waiting for a proper Panda Pokémon ever since Spinda occurred, and NOW WE HAVE ONE. And it'll almost definitely have an evolution, and it's Fighting type, and... I love it.

Moving on- character customisation. Awesome. By the looks of the screen shown, it could well end up being basic enough- limited to the player's complexion and hair colour, but that's still cool, and a big step forward for Pokémon; though given that they're using models now rather than sprites, it's probably much easier for them to've added this.

Very much looking forward to eventually seeing the potential evolutions of these Pokémon, and the full extent of which we can customise our characters! :D

EDIT: Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, no harm in putting it out there again;
(Image spoilered for size thang):

Beside the female Protagonist's art, there's a smaller picture of the Male player riding Gogoat. In that picture, there's a woman carrying.. groceries, or something, and there's a Fennekin on the ground behind her, it looks like it might be following her.

I'd like to think that we might be able to have Pokémon follow us, and if they're big enough we could ride them. Early days to speculate that, I know, but it'd be cool!

It's just promotional art, after all, gens 3 and 5 had this sort of art showing Pokemon out of their Pokeballs and the follow me feature was never in those gens. It's just promotional artwork, showing Pokemon around town.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe we can ride Pokemon that can only be ridden in real life (logically) because people ride elephants (Mamoswine/Donphan) of course Rapidash/Ponyta Zebstrika/Blitzle, and Maybe Bouffoulant and Tauros? I've always wanted to ride a rapidash ever since that episode where Ash did.

Hm. That makes more sense than randomly riding stuff. Maybe we'll get more horses to make the riding thing make sense? Maybe farms? Rodeos? ... im thinking too far imo!

..lmao just realised I was a page back oopsp

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hm. That makes more sense than randomly riding stuff. Maybe we'll get more horses...?
I always find it randomly annoying when you leave your Surf user in the PC and come across a huge expanse of impassable water. It'd be nice to just get on a Pokémon that can swim and ride. Pokémon can be deemed capable of the activity as applicable.

Then there can be lava in areas. See Light Platinum and Lava Surf replacing Flash. Having that included in the fashion that you must ride a Fire type across the lava would be cool.

Or the HMs all become TMs. After all, infinite TMs now. Might be the last time we have moves blocked on importing across generations as a result.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The Gogoat, the Panda, and the Robin all look like they can evolve, however the lizard worries me, I can't seem to imagine an evolution for it. However I hope it turns into something cool, maybe Electric/Steel with Steel replacing it's normal typing.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The Gogoat, the Panda, and the Robin all look like they can evolve, however the lizard worries me, I can't seem to imagine an evolution for it. However I hope it turns into something cool, maybe Electric/Steel with Steel replacing it's normal typing.
I can see the lizard having an evolution. Watch it be something cool too, like a Komodo Dragon Pokémon maybe.

blue

gucci
Years
The Robin and the Panda are the most likely to have evolutions imo, the other two look like they would be good enough as stand alone Pokemon.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Watch it be something cool too, like a Komodo Dragon Pokémon maybe

Oh my god a freaking electric Komodo Dragon??!
That would be so awesome, now i really want this to happen!

I actually think Gogoat is the least likely of the 4 to get an evolution

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
The map...The region...IT IS FULL OF GRASS AND TALL MOUNTAINS!!!!
AND ALL IN 3D!Man, i can only imagine how awesome all these forests will be and the tall mountains of course!
I dont think only hair and skin color will be customizable.
It will be like the ds World Championship games where you can only change hair and skin color(and hair style,who knows it might be possible as well) at the beginning of the game but as you go on you collect clothes by doing tasks or defeating duelists(maybe a champion's cape after you beat the championship!)
The game cases look glimmery dont you think?
And as far as the new pokemon are concerned:The lizards look like it is gonna be one of those that have extended membrane ears?I am expecting its ears to become bigger once it evolves
The goat looks mamoswinesque like and it reminds me of the goats in norse mythology.
I hope the panda gets a grass/fight evo.
Now the bird looks nice in its first form but its next evos matter the most.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Elikiteru is my absolute favorite out of the four revealed. It's a little lizard puppy with a triforce on its head! Adorable.

It's interesting to see that you can ride Pokemon now. Gogoat opens up the possibility that needing HMs to traverse the land is a slowly fading idea, which is always good. I'm thinking that it won't evolve, since others like it (the "cattle" Pokemon from previous generations) didn't. But we're going to have to see.

And yes, Yancham is awesome and I love that it has a move known as "Parting Remark." Very sassy Pokemon, that panda could be.

Also, the customization of the trainers is great. I actually like the customized options better than the standard looks for the protagonists. I like the male trainer more now that I've seen him blond, and the female trainer more now with dark hair.

Back