• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bright Lights - The Region of Unova

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Unova Region Fanclub
Welcome everybody, to the Unova region fanclub! Here, we all gather around to discuss Unova and share our love for it. We could talk about anything related to Unova, whether it be locations, Pokémon, gym leaders, Elite Four, you name it! If you like the region as much as we do, come join us.

Club Rules

1. Be respectful toward fellow club members; don't flame or bash others.
2. While joining, you may partner-up with a Pokémon. It could be any as long as it's native to Unova.
3. Please try to be active; without you guys, the club would have absolutely no value at all. ):
4. Enjoy, have fun, and make sure to follow all PC rules!

Sign-Up Sheet

Code:
[PLAIN][b]Username[/b]:
[b]Partner[/b]:
[b]Answer a topic[/b]:[/PLAIN]
Members List

Nymphadora -
637.png
(Owner)
Sheep -
547.png

Available Topics

Which location from Unova is your most favorite?
Which Unovian Pokémon is/are your favorite?
Of all gym leaders in Unova, which did you have the hardest time going up against?

Userbars

None are available at the moment. If you'd like to contribute some, then please PM them to me. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Years
Username: Sheep
Partner: Whimsicott
547.png

I'm sure it's obvious enough but.. Whimsicott! It's so fluffy and cute, and packs a punch in competitive battling too. I don't think I've ever loved a Pokemon so quickly and so much!

Of all gym leaders in Unova, which did you have the hardest time going up against?
I've never found any of them too hard but in my first playthrough of B/W I suffered against the triplets, haha. I forgot we could get the monkey super effective to the gym leader and lost the first time. Oh, and Lenora.. her Herdier and Watchog were not friendly. D8

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Wekcome to the club, Janna! I like Whimsicott, too; it's adorable. <3

There's a lot, but one of my most favorites would have to Volcarona. It's got an amazing-looking design, and it could be quite helpful when it comes to battling. It's also the first-ever fire- and bug-type, which is a plus.

Years

Nimbasa! Theme parks, battle subway, and other attractions make this place a great area to live, I'd think. If I had to choose a Unova town or city to settle down in I'd probably go with this one.. though the calmer ones are appealing, too. Aspertia for Cheren and the quieter, rural-like setting! :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really like Castelia, personally. It's quite a big city, and reminds me a lot about Manhattan. Feels really nice to visit the place at night, since that's when you get to see all the lights glowing. In my opinion, it's a beautiful place. I was lost when I first went there in Pokémon Black, but figured out my way eventually. XD Another would be Nimbasa, due to the same reasons above!

Years
I adore Gen 5 a lot so yeah definitely joining!

Username: Hikamaru
Partner: Oshawott
501.png

I'll answer three topics for the sake of catching up:

A tie between Castelia City, Nimbasa City and Humilau City. Castelia has all those tall buildings heavily reminiscent of New York, Nimbasa has the Ferris Wheel and it's quite colorful. And Humilau because I love how it's a city on water and it's home to my fave Water-type Gym Leader as well!

As if my partner choice wasn't obvious enough, Oshawott! I literally fell in love with the little guy thanks to how cutely he was portrayed in the anime, and has a really cool-looking evolution line as well because heck yeah samurai otters!

I think Cheren in B2/W2, and while I had to grind like hell to get my Riolu to learn Force Palm (man getting to Lv15 is so hard that early) to easily get past him, most of the time people would probably struggle with him because he has a strategy of powering up his team with Work Up that can potentially lead to them one-shotting your entire team. Definitely has to be the hardest first Gym to date, even moreso than the Striaton triplets.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome, Hikari! Oh, I completely forgot about Humilau, haha. Gotta agree, though--it's a really nice place! Just didn't explore the place as much as other locations, so that has to be one of the reasons of me forgetting it. As for Cheren--I've had quite a difficult time going up against him as well. He was definitely one of the toughest gym leaders in Unova. d:

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Username:Evil jelly
Partner: Cinccino
Which Unovian Pokémon is/are your favorite?:Cinccino, its like a pika clone, but of the normal type, its design is adorable, i love its giant ears, i like the fact its actually some what useful we need more cute pokemon like that :(, I JUST WANNA HUG IT!
whats comes in second is hard choice :/
Which location from Unova is your most favorite? Black city, its bright lights contrasted with the dark colors of the actual city is really nice, like something from nitronic rush, and i just adore cities.

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 10, 2014
Username: Super Bling
Partner: Haxorus
Which Unovian Pokémon is/are your favorite?: Haxorus, I never actually trained one in that I made one using pokesav. But damn...that thing is just a bamf. Plus I think it's oddly cool how short it is (5'11)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome, guys! Good to have you here. :)

Definitely Drayden. For me, it was quite a pain to take down his Haxorus in Black 2. After one Dragon Dance, it would sweep my entire team pretty easily with Slash and Dragon Tail. Had to use a lot of recovery items to finally beat him. Another would be Cheren; when I'd first faced him, my team (which consisted of only Oshawott and Patrat at that time) was instantly taken down.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
With White being my first game, I just have to join the club, I love Unova!

Username: Miau
Partner: Golurk
623.png

Nimbasa City would be my favorite, for its amusement park with the Ferris wheel; not only that, but there are also the battle domes, the subway, the musical... it's just such a lively and colorful city! Oh and there's also post-game quest with the lost Xtransceiver, hehe. But there are other landmarks in other places that I really like too, like the Strange House and the Marine Tunnel.

I usually chose my favorites based on their designs and their origin. Golurk is the one favorite that comes to mind right now, with it being based on golems. I like Purrloin a lot, I always pick one up whenever I play a generation 5 game, so I just have to mention her, hehe. The most recent Unovian Pokemon I used was Beartic for a team I trained in X, and it has become one of my favorites too, it's a great Pokemon, and Cubchoo is just the cutest ♥

Well, I had a hard time with Elesa's two Emolga, the battle against her was my first loss, though I remember Clay being pretty tough too. However, I'm gonna go with Cheren in B2/W2. You do not want to mess with his Lillipup after a Work Up, that's for sure.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to Unova club, Miau! Nice to see you sign-up. (: Totally agree--Nimbasa's indeed a pretty nice place to visit. It's definitely in my top five. Ah, so you like Golurk? I'm quite a big fan of it as well. With No Guard and access to DynamicPunch, it could cause some major havoc. Anyway, hope you enjoy it here!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Username: Lilith
Partner: Whimsicott
Answer a topic: Of all gym leaders in Unova, which did you have the hardest time going up against?
Elesa, Drayden, and probably Clay too. Elesa's Zebstrika is quite strong for that part of the game, and the Emolga have interesting few weaknesses and are speedy with the Volt Switch. Drayden's Pokemon pack Dragon Tail, which threw off my strategy. And Clay's Excadrill is fast and powerful.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hiya, Blade; welcome! Elesa's Zebstrika was pretty annoying, I agree, and so was Flaaffy. Once it uses Confuse Ray, you're pretty much guaranteed to not be able to land even a finger on it. ): Anyway, time for a new topic! Of all fifth-generation Pokémon, which would you like to see a mega-evolution for? Why?

Years
Of all fifth-generation Pokémon, which would you like to see a mega-evolution for?

AUDINO, no question. There was a really gorgeous fanart of her in a mega form that I fell in love with but unfortunately I don't have it right now and can't really look. But she really needs a boost in more than one aspect so she's actually usable in battle. I can see her becoming a really good healer/tank in competitive play if given the chance.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Of all fifth-generation Pokémon, which would you like to see a mega-evolution for?

AUDINO, no question. There was a really gorgeous fanart of her in a mega form that I fell in love with but unfortunately I don't have it right now and can't really look. But she really needs a boost in more than one aspect so she's actually usable in battle. I can see her becoming a really good healer/tank in competitive play if given the chance.

Oh, you must mean this piece then:
Spoiler:

Seconded on Audino, if only to see something that beautiful.

The Unova starters maybe could get megas, since the Kanto starters all did, and Blaziken too. I just hope Serperior won't end up looking like a half-peeled banana, I've seen some fanart like that while browsing for that Mega Audino, and it didn't look good at all {XD}

Personally, out of all the Pokemon I've used in Unova, I'd like to see a Mega Leavanny. She just suffers a lot from those 4x weaknesses to Fire and Flying. As for her appearance, Leavanny's already is inspired by baroque fashion, so maybe expand on that a little more?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Definitely Volcarona. In-design, its wings would be more large and open, and its eyes would be wider. Due to its big set of eyes, its Special Attack stat and Accuracy would be higher. :] Along with that, I'd like to see a mega-evolution for Emolga, too, as well as Jellicent.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Club's been pretty inactive lately, so I'm going to bump this up with a new topic. :) Go ahead and answer, guys; don't be shy. From Unova, which Elite Four member is you favorite? Why do you like him or her? When going up against them, how difficult did you find it to be? If you were to change their type-specialty, which would you choose? What are some Pokémon they would have in their team?

Years
Username: AoTora
Partner: Liligant

Of all fifth-generation Pokémon, which would you like to see a mega-evolution for? Audino! Because right now it seems to be just an experience giver for everybody. Maybe that way it would be more used.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, Audino is one Pokémon that definitely needs mega-evolution. When it changes into that form, I would like it if it loses some body weight. That way, it would look more, well, pretty. n_n" Anyway, welcome to the club, AoTora!

Back