• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did Sarah really settle in as Ash?

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
im watching old episodes and i just got to season 9 where the voice change occurred. i was wondering if and when Sarah Natochenny and the other VAs settled in because at this moment they sound absolutely horrible. maybe its because im biased towards the original cast but i hope this improves as i watch more episodes or i might have to stop.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Definitely not initially, for me it was until several DP episodes in before I could get used to it. That's like to me when they changed Ash's animation between DP and BW it didn't take long, but it was still something that took a little bit to grasp and get used to.

Years
I actually got adjusted to the Sarah Natochenny-voiced Ash pretty quickly, especially given imo she does a better voice of him than Veronica Taylor. Sarah's voice was also more mature, which sorta made me like Ash a bit better than during the 4Kids dub.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Once she wasn't as deep with Ash's voice was when I feel like she had gotten the hang of it. Now I feel like I enjoy her voice for Ash better than Veronica Taylor's in the newest series. There are just times when she grasps it more than Veronica Taylor ever did. But that's probably just me.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
i understand your points and i will try to be objective and give it more time before a make a final judgment on her performance. i also feel it would have made more sense if the voice change happened at the beginning of the DP arc, but i digress. although ill probably never forget how great the originals are, ill accept it for what it is. thanks guys.

Last edited:

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
Years
Once she wasn't as deep with Ash's voice was when I feel like she had gotten the hang of it. Now I feel like I enjoy her voice for Ash better than Veronica Taylor's in the newest series. There are just times when she grasps it more than Veronica Taylor ever did. But that's probably just me.

Same. I remember when she first started as Ash she made his voice a little deeper...n it didn't really fit him. But after a while you get used to the new voice change.

Back