• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top 5 Favorite Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • The following listed are not ranked in order:

1. Avatar: I expected it to became excessively popular and top all others, and it did! Its also fascinating, watching it on blu-ray. :)

2. Transformers: Epic graphics, visuals and sound effects in a complete set with a good dash of humor! Love it as always!!~ :D

3. Despicable Me: I would like to say I feel that it's Disney's funniest movie ever. <3

4. Paranormal Activity 3: For the horror genre, I like this amongst all others. *waves hands in air* ^u^

5. Hotel for Dogs: The ingenious inventions made in the movie and all the hilarious characters and their unique ambition to provide for all of canines and dogkind just touches my heart. I'm always thoroughly fascinated by the operation of the hotel. :D

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    This is gonna be different:

1. High Anxiety - I'm a huge fan of comedy films, especially those by Mel Brooks. His tribute to Alfred Hitchcock's movies in this is superb, with the twist into comedy. It mixed all of the classic Hitchcock firms into a good storyline that has it's moments of genius. Mel Brooks singing the song High Anxiety is certainly also something to watch. It just seems great to me and underrated.

2. The Naked Gun - God, do I love this series of films. Leslie Nielsen was an absolute treasure, and he is already being missed. His straight talking in this just made the comedy even sweeter, and I keep meaning to rewatch the films as part of my own tribute to him. I will do this tomorrow for sure!

3. Hot Fuzz - Oddly, one of those films that I really like, even though I find the idea perhaps not to my taste. I'm not a huge fan of gore and violence (some of the deaths in this made me squirm in my seat), but this film is one of those films that oozes British but not in a stereotypical way (unless every village is really like that one in the film. Nearly spoilt it there!) Simon Pegg and Nick Frost also are the perfect comedy duo, once again proved in film.

4. Pirates of the Caribbean - At Worlds End - Perhaps my favourite of the series so far. I don't know why, logically I should prefer the 2nd, due to it's wow factor, but this neatly rounded the series off, and did provide a good film, despite being a conclusion to a sequel, which is a rarity nowadays. The scene where the English captain is just walking calmly down his ship as his world (and vessel) falls apart around him just gets me every time. The film never really falls flat either, which definitely puts it on my list.

5. Zombieland - It's interesting, I said earlier I hated gore, yet horror seems perfectly fine in my world. I'm one huge contradiction. But, the reason why this is on my list is the interesting way the story goes. It doesn't begin really at perhaps where you'd think, with the first infections, but in the middle with the character meeting Tallahasee (spelling?), and then going back in the past for the backstories, which is clever. I also love how the "rules" of the apocalypse appear in the film, like a comic book. It's quite ingenious.

As the thread asks for top 5, that's mine. Yet, I feel others need a mention here now, with a short reason why they deserve that said mention -

Psycho
    - definitely a classic from Hitchcock, and did create the start of humans being the monsters in horror films and the like.

Star Wars Episode V
    - Seen as one of the best in the series, and I can see why. One of the most known endings ever, that definitely wasn't expected at the time, amongst other things, such as the epic Yoda, the incredible battle at Hoth, as well as the scenery just seems alien.

Super Mario Brothers
    - Boy, did this get some negative criticism from fans of the franchise (including one Nostalgia Critic). I personally didn't mind the movie. I mean, it was an OK movie, but as it had Marios name in it, people expected some more relevance to the franchise instead of this. It just has some nostalgia feeling when I watch it, both good and bad.

Last edited:

ewangely11

A Wierd Trainer
    Years
  • 1. jackass 3d
    2. i am legend
    3. the hangover
    4. badboys 2
    5. grown ups

my top 5 movies

1. jackass 3d (so funny but so gross)
    2. i am legend
    3. the hangover
    4. badboys 2 (Bad boys,bad boys whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do?
    When they come for you?)
    5. grown ups

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    1. Stranger Than Fiction
    2. Donnie Darko
    3. A Clockwork Orange
    4. Idiocracy
    5. Mistery Men

*honorable mentions
    Forrest Gump
    Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
    Gangs Of New York
    Rear Window
    There Will Be Blood

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • #1: Shelter
    #2: Loving Annabelle
    #3: Corpse Bride
    #4: The Secret Life of Bees
    #5: Thelma and Louise

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    My favorite Movies?! Now thats a tuff one! I have so so many favorites, but here is my top list

For the top movie of all time it would have to be

1: Gone With The Wind.- This movie for me beats any movie ever made, The actors were top notch the story and flow of the movie was perfect! and Vivien leigh is just scarlett Dead on! and so is Clark Gable! I also love how Scarlett is not the typical hero in a movie shes very selfish, insecured and jelouse, but is strong and will do anything she can to get what she wants.

2: Breakfast at Tiffanys- I love and can watch this movie a million times and never get bored! Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress! the story of this movie, the fashion the everything! I love love the character Holly! any movie i have ever seen i relate most to her.

3: All about eve! another one of my favorite actresses is in here Bette Davis! I love the story and another movie with just all top notch actors and actresse(holly wood just doesnt make um like they use to! ) and I think Bette Davis character is really realtbul especially for alot of woman.

4: Roman Holiday. - such a funny and cute sweet gem of a movie! Again my favorite actress is in here Audrey Hepburn!~ and its a princess movie! I have loved this movie since i was little and still love it Audrey and Gregory Peck have amazing chemistry and hes a hunk :P

5: Gentle men perfer Blondes. Love love love Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell are both class acts! love them! the movie is very fun! lots of great numbers and dances!~ and very interesting! :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    Hasn't everyone heard of this? If you have heard of it and haven't seen it, watch it. Love Jack Nicholson as always, and I love the character McMurphy as well. And my favourite film quote: "What do you think you are, for Christ sake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average ******* out walkin' around on the streets, and that's it."

4. A Streetcar Named Desire
    Everyone should have heard of this as well and if you like classics you should watch it. It has dedication to the original script, really good acting, a classic story.

3. Dr. Strangelove
    Anyone who enjoys political/anti-war satire of America needs to watch this. All the actors are so good at deadpan humour as well.

2. Control
    Joy Division being one of my favourite bands, and the story surrounding Curtis, would just make this interesting to me. The actors are very good at playing in a band as well considering none of them were musicians beforehand.

1. Withnail and I
    I think it really just speaks for itself. Only certain type of people enjoy this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2011
    my all time favorite movies are :
    titanic
    toy story
    up
    ice bag
    harry potter

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • 1. Alpha & Omega

Not as bad.

2. Shrek 2

Best sequel ever

3. Bambi 2

One of the best Disney sequels

4. Paranormal Activity

A better horror movie of the last decade

5. Irreversible

If you like a different movie watch this

6. Bolt

Disney's best movie

7. Funny Games

Austrian slasher by Michael Haneke

8. Oliver & Company

Not a Disney masterpiece but worth a watch

9. Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

The 2011 version

10. Ice Age 3

Deserved som Oscars

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Guys, please don't respond to posts that have been made by adbots that want to revive 4-month-old threads. It'll just encourage them to come back and spam the boards with more stuff.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back