• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Weekly Poll Suggestions thread!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Hi guys! As you all have seen recently, I've added back the Weekly Poll feature! I have to say while it's a lot of fun, it is somewhat hard figuring out what to do. One thing I would love to work out is more communication and more fun and friendly discussion about the Fifth Generation, and figured the bringing back of "Weekly Poll" would be a good way to really start!

However, it can be a bit hard, lol. I'm only one person, and what may sound like a fun poll to me, may sound lame and boring and way too easy for some of the rest of you, so, I'd love to hear your thoughts on what should be compared and debated!

Now, this won't be a place to actually debate on your suggestions, and neither will it be a place for you to decide on which of the two or more option other people have chosen are greater than the other, this is a place for you to suggest what we should all have fun debating, and then support your reasoning as to why it should be debated. Then, everyone else is welcomed to chime in on why this person or that person had a good idea, and include some of your own reasons as to why that person's idea is a good Weekly Poll.

There are just a few rules, however:

1. Of course, Pokecommunity's main rules always apply. please refer to this page to view them if need be.
2. Remember, this is a thread about discussing with other members what should be debated, and not for actually debating on their suggestions. That should be held off for the actual Weekly Poll itself!
3. You are allowed to comment, support, or oppose another member's suggestion, but you must include a reason with it. It can't be some "Oh i dont like that nope" or "i love those ya", give a reason why! Make it interesting!
4. Any posts that are made that are off topic will be deleted, and you will receive an immediate warning on your first offense. Any spam posts after that will result in an infraction.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What do you guys think about holding a poll about version-exclusives? We've never done that before, have we? :P I think it could work, since, well, some of us prefer one version over the other just because of them; we could discuss why we actually like these exclusives.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Nice idea. We have PokéPoll Of The Week over in Pokémon Voting Polls, but I can see what you are aiming for here are more of a debate kind of thread, while PVP is more about picking and defending ^^

Sounds like this can be fun in 5th gen! Maybe a poll on what gym puzzles were best/worst?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I really like both the ideas Hikamaru Sorry about that Peitharchia and Doctor have suggested!!
Best and worst puzzles is something i have not seen in any kind thread before, and the version exclusives is a nice idea as well, since its one of the mail things for me that determines what game i end up buying (:

EDIT: I came up with 2 possible topics for a voting poll. Among the many features that BW introduced, two of them were Seasons and Roation/Triple battles.
One Poll could be favorite season in the games, the other on about rotation battle VS triple battle

Last edited:
Years
I'd like to see a poll based around the legendaries, like the Musketeers, Forces of Nature and the Tao dragons. I agree with the ones the others suggested as well, but yeah I'm happy to see what you can come up with.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Loving all of these ideas, everyone! c:

My only thoughts/concerns are the Gym puzzle thing. How would I word it to where it would be Gen 5 specific? While yes, they would be Gen 5 puzzles, wouldn't it be far too easy for posters to compare them to other Gyms from other generations?

Of course as I'm writing this I'm realizing that I could also compare gym puzzles from each of the sets of games. B/W gyms vs B2/W2 gyms. That and I should give people more credit. Geez, Jelli, get it together.
...lol I feel silly.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Bumping this up for more suggestions! Version exclusives are great ideas, but what other things do you want to see in the Weekly Polls (that are 5th stuff)? It can be literally anything ya guys! So lemme hear your thoughts! c:

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
BW's Unova Pokedex vs BW2's expanded Pokedex
This was a big game changer for me. Did you like experiencing a true 'new' generation, or did you welcome seeing your old Kanto and such buds?

Nuvema Town vs Aspertia City
It was a slight change, but your adventure starts in a fairly busy city now. All other main versions notably start in Towns.

Musicals vs PokeStar Studios
Which way did you prefer to use when you had that tingle to show off your Pokemon's talents?

Rotation vs Triple Battles
This one Zorogami suggested looks fun.

5th gen Pokemon poll ideas:
Escavalier vs Accelgor
Haxorus vs Hydreigon
Scrafty vs Mienshao, the rugged vs the refined
Whimsicott vs Lilligant, battle of the century
Volcarona vs whoever dares challenge me

Years
I think another good one would be a poll between the two gender differences of Jellicent, both look pretty cool so I'd like to see which one would end up as the fave of the two.

Some more Pokemon vs Pokemon ones I have in mind:

Reuniclus vs Gothitelle
Simisage vs Simisear vs Simipour
Leavanny vs Scolipede
Carracosta vs Archeops
Throh vs Sawk
Durant vs Heatmor
Serperior vs Emboar vs Samurott (seriously starters shouldn't be left out here)

Maybe some ones comparing other form differences, like the Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus' Incarnate vs Therian Formes, Aria Meloetta vs Pirouette Meloetta, the different color striped forms of Basculin and the different season forms of Sawsbuck. We had one comparing the two Kyurem formes in B2/W2 so having more form difference-based ones wouldn't hurt.

There's also some character-based ones I like to put forward:

Cilan vs Chili vs Cress
Bianca vs Cheren
BW Team Plasma vs B2W2 Team Plasma
Roxie vs Marlon
Ghetsis vs Colress

And also one pitting Elesa's BW design with her B2W2 design. She looked awesome in both of those different outfits so I'd like to see which one trumps here.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I got some!!
- Rotation vs Triple Battles
- Black City vs White Forest
- Kami Therian vs Incarnate Forms
- Meloetta Aria vs Pirouette Form
- Hugh vs Cheren vs Bianca

n_n

Back