• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Nox Online

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Well, that'd be amazing (the stress test I mean.) Could you let me know when you decide if you are going to do one? I'd love to partake in it.

Sure I will make a post in this thread when I'm going to do the stress test.
And I will also send you a pm around that time and to all other interested people.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
What do you guys think of this graphics style?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
I am absolutely not a fan of crappy smoothing filters.

Granted, the landscape tilesets look nice with them, but the overworld characters look awful and smudgey with it. Personally, I'd recommend sticking to pixel art. Your previous screens were fine with them.

Also I am glad you are using a different font from the ones you have in your early screenshots.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
KDLXGv3.png

I'm thinking of releasing the game in episodes.
Like I post the first episode next month, and the launcher will automatically download new episodes when they're ready.
Think of it like big content updates for WoW.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
I'm thinking of releasing the game in episodes.
Like I post the first episode next month, and the launcher will automatically download new episodes when they're ready.
Think of it like big content updates for WoW.

I think as long as the game is playable for the most part, that's fine by me.
This DOES look impressive, by the way.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
This game.....I want it.
Btw, what do you think the system requirements are by any chance?

It should work fine on any computer/laptop with at least a dual-core processor (pretty much any recent computer).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 18, 2014
Holy cow! This looks fantastic! This will definitely hold me over til the Hoenn remakes!

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Absolutely amazing how far you progressed. Hopefully your game surpasses PokeMMO. Good luck.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
I prefer the smoothing filter. It fits in better with the metro style.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Currently updating the first post as I've made a lot of progress over the last couple of weeks.

One of the features I wanted to complete before releasing a demo was PvP, which is now working 100% (both single and double battles).

Progress is really going steady now and I hope to have a demo out in the next couple of days.

There's also a forum over at: http://pokemonnox.com/
I encourage everyone who's interested in this project to register and say 'Hi'.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021

Introducing Co-Op Battles!

Pokemon Nox Online now includes the feature to battle against trainers and wild pokemon, with your friends.
This feature is currently limited to a few select areas.
There will also be several Co-Op challenges in which you and your friends can earn several rewards.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 20, 2014
i register in the forum and im having problems with the verefication mail doesnt arrive to my mail i check everywhere even in the spam and all

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
i register in the forum and im having problems with the verefication mail doesnt arrive to my mail i check everywhere even in the spam and all

Hmm, the site is not sending out verification mails it seems.
I've manually activated your account.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Just a tiny update that I wanted to share anyways.
I created 'HD' versions of the battle bases:

XNqbLN4.png

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
would need to play game before giving full comments but would be good to keep the world expanding via boats and ect keep trading available (region only items would be nice fore trades p2p.)
currency! the world needs its currency for p2p trade (ohh you wanna buy a common pokemon it will cost xxxx oh you wanna buy a super rare pokemon it will cost xxxxxx)
unabtainable legendarys if has pvp it will need limits so someone cannot go catch unbeatable pokemon and ect

and i would really love to see a feature where if you beat the pokemon completely you can still catch youd only get one chance and the pokemon will hate you more. if you catch with out "beating" it will like you more gives better reason for catching but still helps in end result (or even have a custom ball that allows you to catch it and can only be bought from special areas or something )

Back