• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Formes differences: Good or Bad?

Forme differences: Good or Bad?

• Good

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Depends...

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Neutral

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
What is your opinion on Pokemon forme differences?

Personally it was fun in the beginning. I personally loved Giratina and Gastrodon formes in gen 4.

However mulitiple formes like Rotom and Kyurem formes is where I cross the line. When the formes become an over-designed cluster...mess, they need to stop.

The formes are not inherently bad as long as GameFreak doesn't overdo it but they are overdoing it. If you're going to make a forme, make it one GOOD forme not 2-5 different formes just for one pokemon.

Your thoughts?!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I just hate how they're called 'formes'.

I think it would be interesting to see them implemented for more non-legendaries, although when I say that I mean things that affect stats like Darmanitan's Zen Mode, not mere aesthetic changes.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It depends, actually. If a Pokémon's formes have different base stats, then I'm all up for it, since each forme may have different playstyles. Just look at Deoxys and Shaymin.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Rotom was a lot of fun, Gastrodon was quirky and Deoxys was... understandable, but aside from these families I really dislike Pokémon with different 'formes'. A lot of the time they just seem like they're being added for the sake of it - what did Keldeo's Resolution forme or the Therian formes for the Kami trio add? I'd rather they were just evolutions or something, especially since the stats increase when changing between formes.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I just wish that the formes didn't have to be so theoretical. I meant, they should've made a small difference like Deerling's colour change and things.

But still, on the good side they can be helpful, but it is good to limit formes to only certain Pokémon since they can be pretty much interfering with the existence of a Pokémon… erm, that is to mean that they destroy the singular 'essence' of a Pokémon and transform it into some sort of hybrid creature.

Back