• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haircuts...

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Love them, hate them, or meh?
Which is your opinion.

IMO, I hate them. I hate the feeling of scissors and blades cutting through the strands of hair. I also have my hair a specific way for a reason, and don't want it to change, yet that's exactly what happens.

I had to get one today.... and the change was pretty drastic.
Spoiler:

If you feel the need like I did, feel free to post pictures of you before and after a haircut. I don't think to many people will do this, but I felt like I needed to, so as to add to the general idea of this thing.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Personally I like your new style better than the old one, I feel like it suits you better than the other one would have - but that's just my opinion, if you want the other one then grow it back. Your parents can't force you to get a haircut lol.

As for me I love haircuts. I love the feeling of a fresh look every time, and I like how my hair feels lighter too.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I like the idea of haircuts. I like feeling like I'm going to have a fresh look and everyone is going to like it and I always have this visual in my head of how it's going to look.

Then I get some completely horrible haircut that is totally wrong and I remember how bad haircuts suck.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Haircuts are a pretty nice feeling. Especially if it's a really good looking one. I like how fresh and I feel everytime I get one. I got a haircut today too! I posted a few pictures in the picture thread, though they kind of got ignored so I'll post them here too cause why not. :P

Went from this:
Spoiler:

To this:
Spoiler:

I really liked my old hair, but I like this haircut alot more than the last few. It's longer on top (an 8) and shorter on the sides and personally I think ti looks cooler than cut it the same length all the way around like I normally do.I might do this more often when I get my hair cut. The thing I don't about it is I can't style as much as my older hair, but it's fine by me for now. I'll style it when it starts growing a bit more. I really like this style and the style I had. :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It depends what type of hairstyle you end up wih after your haircut. If it's something that doesn't suit your facial structure, then haircuts are a no-no. I get my hair cut every now and then when it gets too long, I prefer to have it short and feel clean and sharp. I did grow it once though. It was great having long hair at first, but when you've got to write all day at school it got really annoying; especially in Summer when it got scorching hot.

Nakala Pri

I agree with Curious, because if you wanted thinner, bottle-blonde hair which is plastered across your face, then ew.

But I have to say Emma Watson's hair did look surprisingly better with a haircut... though nah, not really fond of 'em. C:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I hate people touching my hair so I really hate haircuts. If I really needed one my husband is the only one who is allowed to give me one.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I haven't had a hair cut since January of last year, and that was when I had short hair. Now I have long hair all the way down to my bottom and I'm considering getting half of it cut off so I can relive my short-hair days again.

Also, I prefer going to Mexico for a hair cut than here. Mexico's hairstylists ALWAYS get them right while the ones nearby where I live are so awful that they use razors instead of scissors O________o

lozzop

Monkey slut!
Years
I hate 'em! All I wanted was long hair when I was little, all the other girls in my school had such pretty long hair, mine was all short and gross :( so getting haircuts makes me really anxious still, probably because long hair suits me a lot better, or so people tell me. Now I only have my hair trimmed slightly every few months or so because my mum makes me, I still want my hair to be way longer though, even though now it just falls below my chest and above my ribs. My mum sent off an application to be a hair model once, just for a clothes catalogue, nothing special, they accepted me but said I'd need to get about 3-5 inches cut off first, I said hell noes!!!! So, i still have my long hair luckily :)
I do actually agree that short hair is a lot comfier though, I feel ugly with my hair tied up so i prefer to leave it down, which doesn't bode well for me in the summer.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I hate haircuts initially before I have them, but after a day I instantly love them. I dunno how to describe it properly.

Years
I like the feel of scissors cutting my hair off, actually. Makes me feel better since long hair's a pain to take care of so when mine's being made shorter I start feeling more comfortable. That and removing split ends = yes yes.

Years
I very recently got a haircut, and I will say it does feel better to have shorter hair.. not only does it take less effort to dry after a shower, but you also don't have to worry about severe bedhead or having your hair get messed up outside on a windy day.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I hate my hair because it grows really fast. So I have to get haircuts quite often. I do like them though. I love the feeling of less hair on my head. Easier to wash and such. Plus, I look better :3

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
My hair only works short or really long; trying to style it as it grows out is too much of a pain. On the whole I like the feeling of having little to no hair; the shower hitting your scalp directly feels really good haha.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
If you don't like a haircut then just don't get one, haha. I only ever really get them for the sake of having a bit of a trim. No drastic changes for me. My hair grows really slowly anyway so I hardly ever have them... which saves money, I suppose? I'm really indifferent either way. :\

I very recently got a haircut, and I will say it does feel better to have shorter hair.. not only does it take less effort to dry after a shower, but you also don't have to worry about severe bedhead or having your hair get messed up outside on a windy day.

I was waiting for you to post in this thread! Pics, please. :D

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Haircuts are godsend. Having the same haircut for the past 15 years, once it starts getting long, it looks and feels funky. The only thing I don't like is actually getting the haircut. Sometimes you have to talk with the barber, and sometimes I'll just straight up fall asleep in the chair.

Chibiterasu

내가 다시 왔네
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 17, 2020
I rapidly grow hair so I constantly have to be trimming it. I honestly wouldn't like to have long hair, it just seems like too much effort to keep up with it. Shorter hair is much easier to manage and you don't have to worry too much about it. You can bask in the wind without having your flocks of fur slap your face. Just wipe on some hair gel and your good for the ladies. (I'm not much of a ladies man anyway :P) I always get haircuts a lot more frequently than you would think, my hair doesn't grow down or anything, it slowly grows into an "afro" like do. I hate it, I'd rather have it be sexy and medium. Sad though, I'm still too young to be sexy.

If only Disney didn't have such convincing lies about your hair:

Spoiler:

#short4lyfe

Honest

Hi!
Years
I give too many craps about my hair. Well, I used to anyway, until I started wearing beanies :D But I'm probably overdue for a haircut at this point. I tried going for super short on the sides and straight up top, but my wavy hair just cannot be tamed, so I ended up looking weird as hell. I do like the feeling of getting a haircut, though, extremely relaxing. I want something drastic done to my hair though. I dunno, sake for the sake of change, guess.

Back