• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Avatars & Profile Pics

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Hello there, MidnightShine here with a n00b question. How do I inset animated avatars? If this question can be solved together with the profile pic one, pls tell me how to. Thnx to whoever who helps me in advance.

Years
  • To use an animated gif as an avatar you need to upload an animated gif that's under 130x130px because ehenn you upload anything bigger PC scales it down and saves it as a smaller, unanimated gif file. Same goes for profile pictures however you'll have to check in your userCP for the dimensions there because it varies on your supporter status.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    To use an animated gif as an avatar you need to upload an animated gif that's under 130x130px because ehenn you upload anything bigger PC scales it down and saves it as a smaller, unanimated gif file. Same goes for profile pictures however you'll have to check in your userCP for the dimensions there because it varies on your supporter status.

Thnx for your help. Now, I know.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It does fit, dimension-wise. There is also a file size restriction of I believe 41kb for normal users. Without cutting frames out (ie. most of the animation) it can't be made small enough. Much easier not to bother, really, as it's difficult to cut part of an animation off and still make it loop smoothly (I had tried myself on Weavile previously). I don't have time now but if nobody else does before I come back tomorrow, I could try for you.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Quite so, you might be better off looking for a smaller, more compact .GIF image. Mine is smaller in dimensions (though yours can pass in this element) and has a lot less animation frames than that of your desired image. Albeit, like Cassino said, it is difficult to chop some frames off. Nevertheless, cropping a .GIF is possible, but hard to accomplish.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Last edited by a moderator:

iPika

Crytec
    Years
  • I may be posting this in the wrong section but when i post something my trainer card (signature) doesnt come out

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    I may be posting this in the wrong section but when i post something my trainer card (signature) doesnt come out

I agree with Razor Leaf. To insert a picture, you must put a '' at the front of the URL & a '[/URL]' at the back.

Coz I have no more problems, I want someone to lock this thread.

Last edited:
    Back