• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sealed Games? Are they really worth it?

• Thread starter Pokémon Trainer 188
  • Start date

Pokémon Trainer 188

So I have a sealed Gameboy Advance game in my closet I bought a while back and that's the point, it's not really worth having it, just sitting in a closet.

I still don't know why I bought it, it's does nothing but sit there all day and I would feel bad opening it but then again it's a game based on a TV show so it's not really worth anything.

What are your opinions on sealed games? Would you buy them? Would you keep them on display or wait to sell them again?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • This belongs in Video Gaming (or whatever that section is called now) so I'm gonna shift it on over there :)

Pokémon Trainer 188

See there I go again forgetting there's a forum for Video Games. I really need to remember better.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm not a collectable type of person so I would never buy a game with the intent of keeping it sealed. I buy it to unseal it or I buy it already unsealed.

If it's a game that's worth a lot sealed then I just won't buy it because I'd rather spend less and have it unsealed and I buy games to play them.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • If I had known what would happen to the prices of some of the games I had as a kid, I would have just left them in the boxes. Or bought seconds and said I lost my first.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • If you're not going to resell it eventually, like purposeful with the intention of making a profit... why bother?

Buy a game, play it, enjoy it

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I always buy games sealed, but I always open them right away because I intend to play 'em. I never even knew a bit of plastic wrapping could change the value of a game.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't buy games I don't intend on playing. Now, if I were buying a sealed copy of a game I already own that I really love, like Mother 3 or any Jak game, I could see that working. It would be like a trophy. Something you can show off. But still, I don't see the point in buying a sealed copy of a game. I just buy my games, keep them in good condition, and actually play them. lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sadly, like almost everyone else here, I'm not much of a collector person; whatever I get, I always open and use them. Same goes for video games; as soon as I get home after purchasing a new game, I un-box, put it into my console, and start playing. Well, at least of the time. I have kept games unopened for a few days before, though, and longest would be about a week.

If I have no intention on playing some video game, I most likely won't buy it.

Years
  • I only buy games with a intention to play it. I don't see a point of buying something with no intention of using it. I left a few games unopened for a few weeks before, but that was only if i couldn't play them at the time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I can never keep anything sealed. I'm too impatient to wait for something to increase in value. I like having my money's worth when I'm spending 34-60 dollars on a game. I'd rather open it up and begin playing. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It proves it's never been used, so it's like a seal of quality for anyone looking for a good-as-new product.

Like the spare parts gotten for my car: they might be 10–25 years old, but if they're sealed in the original packaging one knows they weren't taken off another of the same model. Not that it really matters, but it's nice to know the part should last, say, ten years as opposed to six.

Back