• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dieting & Losing Weight In General

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
A lot of people take different approaches to losing weight; although dieting generally causes a relapse (it happened to me before - I lost 40lb and gained it all back in 1.5 years!), I'm following a nutrition health guide with a dietician that's helping me and others in the group take a more healthy (as she says) approach to losing weight and keeping it off.

Basically, following the food guide, don't intake more than you burn, and exercise.

It seems simple, but for some (like hardcore gamers), it's not as easy as it sounds. Sitting in front of a PC and playing video games makes you both hungry and unwilling to exercise.

I've gotten past the hunger part (I noticed I can go 5-7h without feeling hungry by eating a crapload of vegetables, four fish sticks, and about 20 fries - equalling less than 400 calories!). Exercise, though, is something I refrain to do, since I hate it, and especially because I'd be doing it all by myself :\ so there's no motivation to it.

How did you guys get over the hurdles of weight loss? What kinds of techniques did you guys use (as long as it's healthy, and not vomitting / not eating)?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
My sister has Type 1 Diabetes as well, and it doesn't motivate her at all. It actually makes it worse, since she doesn't watch what she eats and she prefers to sit in front of the computer making disgusting comments to her little "friends" online.

'Seems you take care of your Diabetes better than she does lol Do you exercise with friends? What kind of exercising do you do that you don't despise?

Droidz

¬‿¬
Years
Oh thats not good then because if you dont look after your diabetes can lead on to dangerous things :(.Anyway i like to walk a lot especially with the dog and sports are really good ideas too.

Years
I exercise, I am always walking around, playing some make shift sport or another, or running laps. Why? Mainly for the fun portion of it.

I don't eat healthy, and probably never will. I don't need to diet, and I don't need to loose weight, if anything I need to gain weight. I barely weigh anything so... yeah.

Plus, I'd never be able to commit to a diet, I love food too much.

Leo7507

~иєνєя єи∂ιиg нανσc~
Years
I love food a lot, but I am quite skinny and way 29 kilo's and am turning 13 this year, it's pretty weird, huh.. And I like to run around a lot as well. :P

Years
Sounds kinda stupid.. but I just watch what I eat and do some DDR sometimes for exercise~
DDR is seriously the best way to exercise.

I'm at a healthy BMI so I don't need to diet and I already spend a good amount of time each week walking. I also stay away from fast food and most other unhealthy food. Being vegetarian for as long as I have also helps because I've learned to control my food cravings.

Melody

Banned
Years
I find it easy to make sure that at mealtimes that I don't overeat. I tend to restrict myself to a single helping if I'm really not doing much. Now if I'm doing a lot of excercise, reguarly or simply a lot of physical work, I tend to allow a second helping. That being said, I do try to get out of the house when I can, sometimes I'll just go on a walk if no one is going anywhere.

I've definitely got a lot of time on my hands lately so yeah. I try to eat less if I'm inactive.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I eat greasy, fatty fried food practically every meal, yet I still only weigh about 110 pounds. Needless to say, I've never felt the need to diet.

If anything, I need to gain weight, lol.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Hm, I've been in your position before. Although I've never had an issue with eating, it's the fact I disliked exercising because it was far too boring. I could never desire the urge to just go out there and go for a walk. I just.. I don't know. XD I got fed up with walking, I never had enough time to acutally walk enough to burn anything off, and I couldn't go for a jog because when you're a female with a bust that isn't average, jogging is really awkward. :P

So I did what Kura did, I did DDR. I was in the comfort of my own home, so I didn't have to worry about people looking at me. I pretty much got really good at, and everyday, I played for at least an hour, which went on for about.. 3-4 months? I started to lose weight, but I decided that after that I needed to do more, plus I was getting tired of the songs and they don't release much DDR games for the PS2 anymore. XD; So after that, my dad decided to buy bikes for us, and I've been biking ever since. I lengthened the route that we go on, and I'm getting better and people are starting to see the results.

As for eating, I just stick to eating as little as possible, but enough to fill me up, which usually is eating more fruit or drinking more water with my meals, and having smaller portions, as long as I have enough energy to burn when I go for my bike ride after work. I also take a vitamin that helps with building up my metabolism which was ruined when I had to take drugs after my incident at the age of 6. Which after that was when I started to gain weight, since my metabolism had drastically gone down.

Though what motivated me was that I wanted a change in my life, I was fed up of hiding myself from the world and my self esteem was getting pretty low. I was sick of people saying things about me, everyone nagging me about it, and the fact all the nice clothes I wanted, I couldn't get. :( So that's pretty much kept me going all this time~

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
Years
When I was 14, my weight was 80 kg.
I just left behind fries and stopped using sugar, no intensive exercises, now my size is 1,78m (not tall at all), weight: 62 kg.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I've been losing a bit of weight recently. I haven't weighed myself recently, but my waist size suddenly dropped from 34 to 32 when I was shopping for new pants last week. XD

I especially find this odd because I haven't been actively trying to lose weight (although I do admit, I am slightly overweight for my height), I've just been working a lot at a physically demanding job, and eating smaller portions, less frequently. It doesn't hurt that, because of my penchant for spicy foods, I have a fairly high metabolism. :D

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
lolol Robotnik

Yeah, generally what I eat everyday is:

4 Baked Fish Sticks (170 calories)
Non-Saturated, Non-Trans Fat Fries (140 calories)
A crapload of green vegetables (80 calories)

Uh... and that gets me by for about 6h, and then I eat Raisin Bran (for the fibre) or more green vegetables, mostly broccoli :P

Fries aren't necessarily good; I hafta find something else to go with that, since even a few fries everyday isn't a good idea @-@

and no one wants to exercise with me, so I don't feel motivated to do it myself :\

Back