• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Feedback for my tool

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
I am trying to write a tool, that can repoint and edit everything (i'll start with the maps) in RSE Roms and I want to know which features a should add.

You can download the python script and see some screenshots here: http:/rgm.kilu.de/

You need a Pokemon Sapphire (US) Rom for this tool.
To start type "a", "o" and "0x307eb8".

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
can it repoint graphics which is quite troublesome for big images, like in unlz.gba?

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
can it repoint graphics which is quite troublesome for big images, like in unlz.gba?
At the moment: No.

I have to know:
1. How does unlz.gba read and write the images and palletes?
2. How does unlz.gba repoint graphics? (and why?)
3. How can I find out where in the ROM the images are?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
At the moment: No.

I have to know:
1. How does unlz.gba read and write the images and palletes?
2. How does unlz.gba repoint graphics? (and why?)
3. How can I find out where in the ROM the images are?
aww.. no prob. what else can it do?

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Now it can move and delete mapbanks and headers, but instead of hardcoding all actions I have "sections" and "properties".
sections (mapbanks, -headers) are moved and managed by the user and the properties (pointers, indices) are moved by the section-code.
The advantage of this method is, that i can easily add a new structure to my tool, without having to write new code for the consistency of the pointers.

If you delete a Section, this tool will ask you what to do with all pointers pointing to this section and afterwards it will fill this section with "\xff".

David

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
I started writing ZUIOP 3 weeks ago. I had no plan and now the code is full of bugs and hacks(=bad written code). When I started this thread I wanted to know if I was worth it to continue the project. But since I uploaded the code I spent all my time fixing bugs. So I decided to write three smaller and more useful tools instead. Moving Mapbanks is neither useful nor new.
1. A defragger for ROMS
2. A corruptor
3. A tools to make memory maps of ROMS
These tools won't have a GUI.

If your're still interested in ZUIOP you can email me.

Is there a thread for tool-requests?

David

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I see, a tool which changes pointers. Well it'll help lazy people like me and it's good for repointing events instead of using A-map (especially during tile inserting). One question, does repointing fill the original location in FF?

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
I started writing ZUIOP 3 weeks ago. I had no plan and now the code is full of bugs and hacks(=bad written code). When I started this thread I wanted to know if I was worth it to continue the project. But since I uploaded the code I spent all my time fixing bugs. So I decided to write three smaller and more useful tools instead. Moving Mapbanks is neither useful nor new.
1. A defragger for ROMS
2. A corruptor
3. A tools to make memory maps of ROMS
These tools won't have a GUI.

If your're still interested in ZUIOP you can email me.

Is there a thread for tool-requests?

David

Sorry, a corrupter already exists. Several in fact. But the defragger seems like it could be useful (if it can reduce lag that could appear during the hacking process, which I'm hoping it can)

Back