• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weapons!

Years
  • We all love using weapons, killing things in style. In the majority of games, there are weapons. Some are exclusive to a character, some can be a huge pain and some can be weapons of mass destruction. Anyway, loads of characters are required to use a weapon in a game, and we all have favorite weapons.

Which weapon that is used in a game is your favorite and why?

I want you guys to be able to have fun with this, be a little creative. These can be any sort of weapons used in any video games. Discuss.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Wow that's a pretty big range...

Anyway, I love using the Ithaca M37 Shotgun in Resident Evil 5; it was the first gun I upgraded fully so I obviously had to use it so I wouldn't waste the money used but I really enjoy using it. It's powerful, has a decent reload speed and doesn't cost much to upgrade at all.

There's a load of weapons from FFX that I enjoy using; too many to name but Wakka's ultimate weapon is one of my favorites simply because of the design.

Also the shovel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds; simply because of reasons. :D

(I've only wrote those 3 because they are the latest games I've played)

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Not sure if it counts, but I thought that Bioshock's Plasmids were loads of fun to use. Besides that, I'd have to say that I quite like my fully modded Holorifle and Anti-Materiel Rifle from Fallout: New Vegas.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The Spinfusor, aka Disc Launcher or Stormhammer. A launcher of so-called frisbees, usually blue in colour, which fly straight and explode on impact. Mechanically, it's very similar to classic rocket launchers, but is generally a single-shot weapon. With it, one is expected to hit targets both high-speed and airborne. As you can imagine, this requires a degree of skill, so it's a nice weapon to become good at using, and it's easy to respect its users.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    That's a really hard question for me. I guess I'm more the traditional guy, using swords in nearly every game as a main weapon. Except for the Elder Scrolls games, where I like to use daggers and bows.

For Morrowind I guess I'd take Keening, because it's design is so great and it's so damn fast xD
    For Skyrim I'd take Mehrunes' Razor, mainly because it's nice to have a weapon which can instantly kill an enemy...

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • The Qwack-O-Blitzer from Ratchet and Clank 3, it's a ray gun that turns an enemy into a guardian phoenix duck and any enemy after that into cute little ducks that lay eggs that home in on your enemies and blows them up into tiny little bits. It also never runs out of ammo, gets insanely short morphing time as it levels up and is one of the easiest weapons to max out. You don't need to worry about any 100 round gladiator arena when you have a ray gun that turns all your enemies into ducks that fight for you.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • The Venom shotgun and Scorpion pistol, from ME3.

The Venom fires grenades and cluster grenades, and the Scorpion fires sticky mines.

You'll have a real blast using this weapons.

Years
  • The Qwack-O-Blitzer from Ratchet and Clank 3, it's a ray gun that turns an enemy into a guardian phoenix duck and any enemy after that into cute little ducks that lay eggs that home in on your enemies and blows them up into tiny little bits. It also never runs out of ammo, gets insanely short morphing time as it levels up and is one of the easiest weapons to max out. You don't need to worry about any 100 round gladiator arena when you have a ray gun that turns all your enemies into ducks that fight for you.

I love the weapons from the Ratchet & Clank games too, no wonder it was among my fave franchises outside of Pokemon. Some of my fave weapons from the games included the R.Y.N.O. which shoots all these rockets and it's very hard-hitting, maybe also the Sheepinator which was the Qwack-O-Ray's counterpart in the second game. I did love how that could turn enemies into exploding sheep!

Years
  • Flamingsword.png

The Demon Sword

This is my favorite weapon, and it comes from an amazing game; Castle Crashers. Firstly, this sword looks like a Wolf on fire, that's where it gets it's nickname "The Flaming Wolf Sword", a very nifty touch. The Demon Sword is the most powerful non-DLC weapon and boy it deserves it! This weapon is extremely well balanced, increasing strength, magic and agility without degrading any stats, which is a very good feature of a sword in CC. It is one of two weapons to have a chance of burn damage and, that's pretty darn epic, even if it is only a 2% chance. Plus, the sword is apparently made out of crystal, amazing! Right? All in all, this weapon is the most fun I've had in the game and is the best weapon I have used in all games played... 'nuff said.

PixelWarrior

Conqueror of Castles
    Years
  • Actually have a pretty quirky answer to this, because it's from an MMORPG that I used to avidly play. More to the point, the Timeless Pescas I owned for my Shadower was amazing. I loved the design to pieces and the damage it dealt was more than satisfactory. Never regret pooling my money to grab that from the free market, because it was definitely a gem. When something as irrelevant as an item enhances your gameplay that much, you know it's special haha. So, the Pescas easily tops my list.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • 122px-SSBB_Ragnell.png

^ I love the Ragnell with all my heart and body~ Well, this sword was getting pretty hyped from Radiant Dawn (tbh I didn't pay much attention to it at Path of Radiance) and it was even shown again on Awakening, which made me realize how amazing this sword this is. If you don't know, the Ragnell is a sword from Fire Emblem that was blessed by the Goddess of Order Ashera, granting it immense power and rendering it invulnerable. It's mainly wielded by Ike, but, in Awakening it was wielded by someone named Priam too.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    WolfClaws.png

Wolf Claws - Kid Icarus Uprising

No real reason other than I've sticked with this weapon for my whole first playthrough of KI:U for some reason so it's the one I'm most familiar to. Contrary to my second playthrough (because the game is THAT good) where I switch weapons every single chapter, but I have to say I smile every time I get the Wolf Claws. :)

Years
  • The Electrodriver and Painkiller from the game, Painkiller. Painkiller has has a spinning blade that you just run into people with and watch their body parts fly off and the Electrodriver is a gun that fires lightning shurikens...

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!​

Years
  • Keyblade. Kingdom Hearts is my favourite game and i'm probably being bias but I just love this weapon. If you want a more specific answer than that, my favourite keychains are Kingdom Key and Way to Dawn.

TY

The Volcano from Borderlands 1:
    This sniper... is so good... it has 4x fire elemental and it deals massive damage to anything, being a Legendary (orange) gun though, i found like 20 in my entire career...

Unkempt Harold (Borderlands 2)
    I never liked using handguns in Borderlands, till i found out about these things. Using them with my Gunzerker, these pistols pack a large punch against a lot of enemies and bosses. This is definetly my fave weapon of BL2

Sharanga (Terraria)
    Being a console exclusive weapon, this bow does a lot of damage (40+16 cause of the arrows it fires). It turns all arrows into Spectal arrows which puts enemies on fire and makes it so powerful. Only downside of this bow is that it requires 2 Molten Fury bows and 10 Hellstone Bars.

F2000 (Battlefield 3)
    I like being a medic in BF3, and the F2000 is a great weapon to aid me to get close to my dead allies to revive them. With a grip and a good scope, this gun can and will be amazing.

Recurve Bow (Far Cry 3)
    I dont like being stealthy, and i guess the bow was made for that purpose... I mainly used it to cause death upon everything that stood in front of me. Being able to have fire and exposive arrows and the ability to one-shot normal enemies make this bow a great weapon, though it may require some time to master it for great ranges.

Years
  • Right this is going to be huge so I'm splitting it into categories and placing the content in spoilers.

COD 4

Spoiler:

COD MW2

Spoiler:

Explosives

Spoiler:

Blade Weapons
    Spoiler:

Miscellaneous

Spoiler:

God help anyone that reads all of that.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Syphon Filter:
    G18 - This gun was the fastest gun in the game, and could kill the bad guys quite quickly, even though it runs out of bullets fairly quickly.
    K3G4 - This gun was the best, cutting through Flak Jackets easily. Nothing stopped this gun.

Doom:
    Shotgun - even though this is weak against the strongest monsters, surprisingly this shotgun hits the monsters from very far away, and can kill the weaker monsters in 1 shot.

Mercenaries:
    Light MG - Quick firing gun, as well as holding 100 bullets in a clip. even though finding clips isn't easy, sometimes the ammo boxes really help.

Years
  • GRAVITY GUN FROM HALF LIFE 2 MTHFKRS!!!!!!! Nothing like killing zombies by repeatedly whipping them with cans of paint.

I also love the flamethrower from Team Fortress 2, just being a cool fire-spitting weapon in an FPS.

I like my hands in Crysis, lets me throw Koreans in the aiyerrrrr

Also my hands in Assassin's Creed 3. Silent assassinations ftw.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2013
    In gaming, my favorite weapon would have to be the gnasher shotgun from the Gears of War titles. It's not about the violence/gore, but more-so an adrenaline rush that appears when you're brushing elbows with other players, firing shells off and basically laying down a row of body bags.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    The Scout's stock Scattergun and the Pyro's Flamethrower (and all it's other variants) from Team Fortress 2 are totally on the top of my list. They're really fun to play with despite the weird learning curve :D

The guns from the Final Fantasy Tactics/FFT WotL are also pretty interesting to play with. The Excalibur from any Final Fantasy games as well :D

Back