• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Because they are Legendary or because of their design??

Why Do you like Legendary Pokémon?

• Because they are Legendary (and strong)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Because of their design

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • for all those people who really like Legendary Pokémon, do you like Legendary Pokémon because they are Legendary and/or strong or do you like Legendary Pokémon because of their design?

I happen to like MANY Legendary Pokémon, but I like them all for their design.

Last edited:

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • My first judgement of any Pokemon comes from it's design. Legendaries tend to be a bit more elaborate in their design most of the time and I think that's one of the first things that makes them appealing. But there are tons of regular Pokemon I would choose over legendaries any day.

Personally, I am more appealed to legendaries with simple designs or elegant designs, like Lugia, Articuno, Moltres, Mew...
    I really fell in love with Xerneas when I first saw it. It's beautiful. I can't wait to catch one.

I rarely use legendaries in my party and if I ever try to get into competitive battling I will probably continue to steer clear from using them.

Years
  • I actually don't care for using legendaries on my team. In the past, I would use them in order to defeat the elite four with ease. But, that got boring quickly, and I rarely used them in GSC and never used them from Hioenn onward. For me, they just spoil the game. So, that means I only value a legendary for its design especially since I don't use them.

Gen 1 had great designs. The storyline of the first two movies is superior to the crap that followed.
    Gen 2 also great designs. Lugia and Ho Oh were a nice play on the legendary birds, and eveyone loves Celebi and legendary beasts.
    Gen 3 Great with the exception of those legendary golems! Those are not pokemon! Also, this gen started adding too many legendaries, thus not making them as special. I sense they did this for more movie material.
    Gen 4 Lots of super mega bulky pokemon that don't appeal to me, as well as lots of cutesy legendaries. The only ones I liked were shaymin, Cresselia, Arceus, and Darkrai. Manaphy, the lake trio, heatran, regigias, and the creation trio were dissappointing and unnecessary. WAY too many legendaries this time around.
    Gen 5 This one is a mixed bag, I absolutely love the Swords of Justice, Reshiram and Zekrom, the animal formes of the Kami trio, and Victini. The rest, not so much. Vast improvement from gen 4.
    Gen 6 Xerneas and Yvetal are by far my favorite legendaries thus far, and they are tempting me to use them!

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I only like Pokemon by their design legendary or not. If a Pokemon does not look appealing to me I am very reluctant to use it at all. Appearance of a Pokemon is the number one priority of mine when choosing a team.(unless I am battling competitive)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There are many legendary pokémon that I don't like, mostly because their designs are bad in my eyes. Examples are Groudon, Kyogre, Palkia, Dialga and the regi trio. So I definitely don't like legendaries just because they are strong and, well, legendary. Ho-oh is amazing, because it really looks ancient and beautiful yet vicious, for example. I don't even care about it's in-game properties :3

Years
  • For those that I do like, it's really a combination of both good design and strength, although the latter is a little more important to me. There are lots that fit both categories in my eyes though, with Rayquaza, Giratina (Origin Forme) and Articuno being at the top of the list for me. Arceus and Kyurem are two legendaries that I like moreso for there power, though, as I'm not the biggest fan of either of their designs. So if I had to choose, I'd say power is more important, but then again, there are some like the Regis or Heatran that I could never see myself using just because I don't like their designs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The only legendary in my top 10 favourite Pokémon is Palkia, so I'm not the worlds biggest legendary fan. I do feel that I like some legendaries for being well-designed and quite powerful.

I do feel that gen 4 and 5 introduced too may of them, and I felt that gen 3 had enough for me. Two trios (one on the cover, and one not), a duo and a couple event only legendaries was perfect for me.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Legendaries tend to be my least favorite pokemon. The ones I do like are because of their designs, not because of their strengths in battle.

Take Regigigas. I don't dislike him because he's bad to use in battle, I dislike him because of his design.

Or Celebi. I don't like it because it's an upper tier pokemon, but because I think a green fairy time-traveling and protecting forests is kinda cool.

Years
  • It's mostly their designs that make me like certain Legendaries, I'm not into those ugly ones like the Kami Trio, Regigigas or Heatran though. At least most others have designs that look good enough or at least appealing. I also tend to like the motifs that most of them have, like Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem being based on yin, yang and wuji. Or how Victini represents victory.

Back