• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"New Plot, Odd Lot!" Episode Discussion

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss part of the two part Final Kanto Contest Ribbon featuring yet another return of Harley and an unexpected alliance in "New Plot, Odd Lot!".

My review to come forthwith.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    A bit early...? Hmm...

Well, I can already comment that Jessie for once came up with a plan that had potential to work (a talking Meowth certainly would work, but Ash & co would expose her instantly)...and I got so much of a laugh from how James called Harley "that Contest thing".

Of course, I enjoyed the Harley-bashing in general, and Jessie getting squeezed by a Cacturne as opposed to James getting squeezed by Cacnea XD (oh, AND the Contestshipping hint early on XD). One thing that seems weird thus far, though--Max should have been the one commenting about how May can get flared up, not Brock...

As for the actual contest, Fire Spin causing TR's plan to backfire unintentionally was classic.

AND THEY GOT RID OF THE RAP ENDING THEME!!!

Next comes the end of the story...one more day...

Remarkable!

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    All I can say is... I liked this episode. I found it amusing that they actually messed with May during her contest performance like that. It made it more interesting.
    At the same time I did feel sorry for her though.
    I was like 'Gah...that would suck. Poor May.' ><;

But it turned out okay, so that was good.

It was also cool to see Harley again, he's amusing to watch.
    And I love contest episodes if they're interesting enough... and this was certainly was, at least to me.

Another thing I liked was that Ash actually did something, and didnt just sit there.

This episode gets an 7 1/2 outta 10 from me... Because it might not have the best episode...but I've seen a LOT worse..

Oh yeah...and Drew was in it. x3 ...and his voice is actually kinda hot. xDD

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • They got rid of the rap for a while I think. I don't remember hearing it last night or Saturday.

OH!!!! This one is one that I have been looking forward to for a long time. It was nice to see Jessie doing well in a contest. I always love it when Jessie does well in a contest because it is intresting how she does it because lately she been playing contests fairly like that time she used Mime Jr.

Still it nice to see that May having a darker side. I mean she looks ruthless when she found out how many people there were competing for their fifth ribbon. It like a foreshadowing with the stress isn't it? Teeheehee

May appeal was nice. I like the Fire Spin the best and it was only naturally that the Fire Spin would have done that. It was pretty how it ended.

Why must they make us suffer by waiting to see May's face to see that she made it to the second round when we all know she will?

Still that was a scary ending. It seems like Team Rocket is actually serious about hurting Ash and friends this time. If the episode wasn't coming on tomorrow night then I would go to Serebii to find out. Still it was scary how the announcer was doing the wrap up and then he left the ending for Jessie to say and that just gave me chills. That has never happen before. It was really scary.

Overall it was a good episode but scary. I liked the ending when Jessie finished off the announcer's thing. That gave it a true to be countinued. 9/10

Back