• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Porygon-z - Should it be banned in UU?

Should Porygon-z be made BL on the PC server/made BL in general ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
And what if I was against another 'mon and I protected and they used stealth rock? What if I toxiced and they swicthced to a steel? What if I used a normal type attack and they swictched to a ghost?

Umm, those have nothing to do with the context of this.

This thread is about P-Z and if you are bringing up things (i.e bad checks like fighting types) that take like 90% by just switching into its main moves then something tells me something is incredibly wrong. ~__~

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Umm, those have nothing to do with the context of this.

This thread is about P-Z and if you are bringing up things (i.e bad checks like fighting types) that take like 90% by just switching into its main moves then something tells me something is incredibly wrong. ~__~
I was saying, as you know fair well, that you shouldn't be able to predict every single thing. Thanks for taking my post out of context, but it only makes you look arrogant.
What I meant is that you can't predict everything. And so what if you take 90% damage? You might not and you'll still be able to do 100% back.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I was saying, as you know fair well, that you shouldn't be able to predict every single thing. Thanks for taking my post out of context, but it only makes you look arrogant.
What I meant is that you can't predict everything. And so what if you take 90% damage? You might not and you'll still be able to do 100% back.

Firstly, calling me arrogant when im obviously not (in this case) and just stating facts only gets you closer to a warning.

Next, no ? How am i taking you out of context ? Elaborate please.

Please tell me how getting OHKO'd with Stealth Rock up is a way to go about dealing with things, because you sure as heck wont win many matches if thats how you go about "dealing with things". Any good player is going to absolutely destroy you if you use these terrible easy to remove and wear down checks.

But ok, here is your original point.

However the likes of Blaziken and Hitmonlee exist; as well as pretty much every other offensive Pokemon in UU that outspeeds Porygon-Z with or without a Choice Scarf.

First off, 16 pokemon out of the whole tier outspeed it. That is a significant portion of the metagame already that P-Z outspeeds alone.

Unboosted Tri Attack Vs Hitmonlee : 68.9% - 81.3%
Unboosted Tri Attack Vs Blaziken : 79.7% - 94.4%

And with Download.

Unboosted Tri Attack Vs Hitmonlee : 102.9% - 122%
Unboosted Tri Attack Vs Blaziken : 120.3% - 141.5%

"If this is your only way to deal with it then i wish you luck"

Also dont bring the "so what if i have to take 90% damage at least i can ko back" argument up. Its moot, Stealth Rock and Spikes are incredibly common in uu (mainly the latter because of Froslass) so you die upon switching into P-Z. Sub also takes the prediction out of these checks easily.

You will find that most other "checks/bad choice scarfers" take similar damage upon just switching into Porygon-Z and if they are defensive they run the risk of being set up on. I mean you have no way to tell what item its running or what set because they are all Nasty Plot.

Which is my point. Lack of good checks and counters, uncertainty about which set its running which easily leads to destroyed "counters and checks" with relative ease makes it fit the characteristics.

Last edited:

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
It should be banned. I find that Porygon-Z is actually a pretty good OU sweeper as well. In fact, until now, I had no idea he was OU.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Firstly, calling me arrogant when im obviously not (in this case) and just stating facts only gets you closer to a warning.

Next, no ? How am i taking you out of context ? Elaborate please.
When I said about the different things which could happen, I wasn't saying nothing to do with this. I mean that when you said "what if it subs?", you wouldn't be able to predict that, just like battling against any Pokemon. You can't predict what they're goig to do.
It was obvious what I meant, but you simpley replied "Umm, those have nothing to do with the context of this."
That's why I said you were being arrogant.
And "closer to a warning." So I suppose I was already close to a warning by disaggreeing with you in the first place?
I shouldn't have to just let you "win" an "argument" (which btw, wasn't one untill you suddenly throw a warning on the table, if you weren't a mod and you contacted a mod about all of this, nothing would happen) because I may get warned for you "not" understanding the obvious.
[/rant]

Anyway, this thread is pretty pointless now. The poll is obviously going one way.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
When I said about the different things which could happen, I wasn't saying nothing to do with this. I mean that when you said "what if it subs?", you wouldn't be able to predict that, just like battling against any Pokemon. You can't predict what they're goig to do.
Yea but the other side can't predict what you're going to do either, so it goes both ways so prediction really can't be used as an argument unless you have the best prediction in the game.
And "closer to a warning." So I suppose I was already close to a warning by disaggreeing with you in the first place?
Nah, you're just losing your temper and bringing yourself closer to a warning by flaming everybody :/
I shouldn't have to just let you "win" an "argument" (which btw, wasn't one untill you suddenly throw a warning on the table, if you weren't a mod and you contacted a mod about all of this, nothing would happen) because I may get warned for you "not" understanding the obvious.

[/rant]

Anyway, this thread is pretty pointless now. The poll is obviously going one way.
So? This thread is to discuss people's opinions and question their opinions about Porygon-Z, not about some poll at the top.
Also when D_A said that it had nothing to do with the context it was because you were talking about having fighting types come in on Porygon-Z, then when he said that they get smashed regardless, you were like "Oh I can switch lol". Why bring up that you can switch when you were considering bringing in something that would get smashed in the first place, then switching to said Ghost/Steel you were talking about.

Seriously just calm down before you post here again and realize that we're not ganging up against you because we all are arrogant and think whatever we say is law. We're trying to help you realize that your ideas that you had brought up as checks to Porygon-Z were not good ones.

Years
porygon-z + adaptability/download+ choice scarf + tri attack= destruction. its lethal if it has enough speed. and, with nasty plot, shadow ball, thunderbolt, etc, it can trump a wide variety of types assuming it survives long enough.

i always thought it was OU for some reason but idk it should be BL/OU

Years
Chansey can all wall this thing perfect.I think that it could fare well in BL with OU/BL battles and it wouldnt hurt the meta game.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Chansey and Cress can all wall this thing perfect along with mismagius if pz isnt holding icebeam.I think that it could fare well in BL with OU/BL battles and it wouldnt hurt the meta game but I dont see eneything wrong with it staying in UU as well.

Umm...no, not at all. A +2 Adaptability Tri Attack from Porgyon-Z 2HKOs Chansey with SR down. It doesn't wall it well at all. It's sad that teams need at least a back-up check/counter to PZ to even have a chance at beating it most of the time. Don't even bring up recovery, PZ outspeeds them.

Seriously, PZ is completely broken. The bulky set just laughs at the metagame and sweeps, and with any type of status protection, it can just come in, force something out, and just set up again. It's broken, GTFO OF UU.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
How in the blue hell does Cress and Mismagius wall it, since you know Dark Pulse kinda OHKO's both lol ?

Years
wrong

How in the blue hell does Cress and Mismagius wall it, since you know Dark Pulse kinda OHKO's both lol ?
Yeah I rethought about my comment and yeah pz is broken in UU now that I look at the tear listing the only thing that can stop it is chansey and who wants to forcefully have a chansey on their team because their worried about pz.I doubt that it will stay in UU for long it will probably switch to BL.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yeah I rethought about my comment and yeah pz is broken in UU now that I look at the tear listing the only thing that can stop it is chansey and who wants to forcefully have a chansey on their team because their worried about pz.I doubt that it will stay in UU for long it will probably switch to BL.

And again, Chansey is easily defeated with PZ. Seriously, if it NPs on the switch, and NPs again while running a Lum Berry (As many do, and Chansey will most likely just status it), Chansey is gone. It really isn't even a good answer to PZ. It's broken as heck.

Back