• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new intro music.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
  • so ive started watching the cartoon again at 7 or 10 on mornings and its the sinnoh league victors i belive, and most of the theme songs ive heard for sinnoh flat out stink...

what happened?

kanto songs were great
    johto songs were brilliant
    hoenn songs were beastly
    the first d/p intro song i was like wtf and i have et to hear another real good intro song from that point on.

I dont even think the new song reflects the region at all, just hope and other stuff.

from what i remember the good ones i liked were:

the original

the johto ones

the hoenn one that goes like "starting all over again, i wana be a hero" that one had a nice rythme, im not sure but the new ones just dont move me as much...

(excuse bad grammar and punctuation, im bout to go to bed and im too tired to bother...)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Why don't you just hit the mute button when the openings come on? Personally, I think the Sinnoh openings (Excluding OP1 of course since that was gag worthy) were all pretty damn good.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I would say it's mostly the lyrics that tended to fail since the TPC dubbing. I honestly think the music itself is nice. As for overall just plain outright awesome then you'd have to listen to the Japanese openings.

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Here's what I thought.

Indigo, Johto, Johto Champions, Master Quest, Advanced, Advanced Battle, Battle Frontier, DP GB: Good
    Orange Island, DP BD, DP S: Meh
    Advanced Challenge, DP: Potential to induce vomit

4Kids had some bad ones like Orange Islands and Advanced Challenge, but they did really well on most part. I was impressed by PUSA's first one (Battle Frontier), but DP was so bad that it made me stop watching pokemon all together. I haven't watched any episodes since, theme song following that first DP weren't too bad.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • My opinion? TPCi should've just stuck with the same lady behind the last two intros. Besides her half-assed series title stuffing (blame the lyricists?) she doesn't do a half-bad job. But please, enough with the "Pokémon!" and "Galactic Battles" and "Sinnoh League Victors!" being thrown everywhere. It's so awkward.

...Wha? Unless your talking about the full version or something, she only says "Galactic Battles" and "Pokemon" once each, and that's at the very end ("Galactic Battles, Pokémon!"). It's the exact same for We Will Carry On and We Will Be Heroes, although there is one "Pokémon!" shout in the middle of We Will Carry On. Compare those to the first DP Theme, which had "Pokémon!" shouted a total of 6 times...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh Dr. fly, You haven't listened to the full version of "We Will Be Heroes", have you? >__>

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Have you listened to 90% of the English full-version songs? The word "Pokémon" and the season tite are stuffed into them.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    I love the themes for Battle Dimension, Galactic Battle, and now for Sinnoh League Victors. The SLV song itself isn't quite as good as that of BD and GB, but that shot at the end showing Ash with all his Pokemon staring down his Sinnoh rivals more than made up for it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I liked the first DP opening! "It's all about the challenges its a brand new game and a brand new world, new rivals as you fight for survival, nothing can stop you diamond and pearl!" I love those lyrics!

It also has to be one of the more stronger ones that arn't about friends and stuff lol It was more cooler? My fav bits this:
    Its all about the battle,
    you gotta play smart,
    you gotta move faster,
    behind every wind,
    there´s a chance to begin, again !
    You gotta take it all.
    If you wanna be a masttteeerrr...
    Pokémon !

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Yea i supose the lyrics are good for that one,

Its just i go back and watch all the kanto- hoenn openings and the lyrics are beastly and actualy fit in with the song.

"born to be a winner, Born to be a champion! Born to be a winner, born to be the very best!"

"from the earths land sea and sky you can never win but you sure can try"

"from the stars and the ancient past they come to play but they never last"

"its a whole new place with a brand new atitude but you still gota catch em all, to be the best that you can"

"starting all over again!, I want to be a hero! give me just one chance!."

and now its just about hop and courage? the least they could do is put some good lyrics to the music.

Back