• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do when you are sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
  • I have a (forget how to spell the term but it has to do with the nose) infection. It is similar to the flu but the baterica throw a party in your nose instead of your throat and you can't catch it by being around someone who has it.

I am right now taking advil, 600mg of an antibiotic, 1000mg of vitamin C, my allergy medicine, a nasal spray, etc but I don't feel much better and my temperature is at 100 degrees Farenheit. -_-

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    ^I hope you will get well soon.

I have lots of rest, and refrain from using the computer or reading books whenever I'm ill. I wouldn't want to hurt my head when I'm ill, or worry too much, so that I'll recover faster.
    I don't get sick easily, so usually I have minor flu or so when I am. Then when mum brings in the herbal medicine (tea) for me to drink. I don't mind its bitterness since I'm used to it.

Last edited:

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • If I am sick, I take it easy and play games and watch movies.. I usally take a rest, but I never go online when I am sick... (you saw me offline for 1 day last couple month, right?)

prolific_rhapsody

Paradox in Paradigm
    Years
  • I usually stay still on the couch,use the computer,watch movies,and play games.
    And of course sleep.
    The last time I was sick,my mouth was giving me problems,and I took Advil by pill. :confused:
    Hope you get better,Shining Arcanine!^_^

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'd go on the computer if I were sick. It's just this sort of habit I have. ^_^ When I was in grade 5-7, I used to fake sick just to stay home and go on the computer, lol. Now since my mom is always home I either watch tv, sleep, or I go downstairs and play video games. I just go on the computer in the evening when I would have if I had gone to school.

Too-Angel

Remix Lover
    Years
  • I Stay home, relax for couple of hours. Take medicines four times a day every 6 hours. Then after I rest, I stay to the Computer for a little while, then i'd have to sleep
    and do something that's active. I wouldn't do anything that's heavy or has anything to do with excercise like I always often do. It doesn't really retrain to help you
    heal.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • a) drink a lot of water
    b) wrap yourself in warm clothes/a fluffy blanket (^_^), and camp in front of the computer/your other gaming consoles
    c) sleep

do all 3 of the above and you'll get well before you know it

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I do what I normally do, do school, play games etc. If I'm really bad off school is replaced with sleep. The first time I played Kingdom Hearts I was sick, but it was in the summer.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • If i even have the tinest little runny nose or sore throat ill stay home! when im sick i milk it for all its worth! :laugh:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Yeah... if there is school then I go to school. Not attending even one day of school is a complete horror and a great disadvantage for you. Even if I am sick I stall myself out until all the important classes are over, and i just go back home if I have nothing but option classes for the rest of the day or something...

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Yeah... if there is school then I go to school. Not attending even one day of school is a complete horror and a great disadvantage for you. Even if I am sick I stall myself out until all the important classes are over, and i just go back home if I have nothing but option classes for the rest of the day or something...
    Oh, i dont do that anymore, just in grade school! :laugh:

Years
  • I stay home when Im sick unless im contagious or threw-up..I stay on the computer all day..^-^ ya....when Im sick. and my grandma comes over and gets me lunch!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I don't know what I usually do...but I remember what I did last time I was sick...

Last time I was sick was a couple weeks ago (like Nov. 7-10). I had a lot of things at one time (this always happens to me; I get a fever, nausea, and uhh...the runs at the same time) I really didn't eat or drink much (except for maybe water or juices to keep my fluids up) other than that I just sat down and watched TV all day while taking my medications at three hour intervals... and When I felt a bit better, I was able to come online again (you may notice that I have a lot of posts on Nov. 10th, more posts than I normally would have for a Monday...)

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    When I'm sick, I usually sit around, watch tv and play video games.But if I am really sick, I just lay on the bed, and sleep.

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
  • Well when i get sick oh i get sick i really can't do anything im usally resting in my warm bed and drinking lots of water that's all i can drink when im sick Right now i have a head cold now but at least it's no the flu then i would'nt be on here :)

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • when i am ill i dont do much....i generally go to school like normal cos i cant afford to miss classes for risk of getting behind. i hate being sick for that reason, schol is no fun when ill...wll its never fun really my school is for me a living nightmare. when im ill on holidays or weekends i lie down and read, write or play videogames...or go on the net if i am allowed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I just let my mom and brother cater to my every need, lol. XD (J/K!) Normally whenever I'm sick, I just sit around the house doing stuff such as drawing, and taking medicine every six hours or so. If my mom's in a good mood then I get to come online or play video games. =D If she's not, then I'm stuck doing schoolwork once she realises that I'm feeling better. (Or sometimes she'll tease me and say that I have to. >_>) When I'm really sick, then usually I just lay in bed.

And I hope you get to feeling better soon, SA. ^_^; Unless you already are?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back