• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you speak up/raise your hand?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    At work, if you have a problem or are confused about something, do you speak up? Or, if you're in school, do you raise your hand in class when you have a question or want to make a statement?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Well, not always. And when I do, I usually call out. :c Me being rowdy, I guess. I've grown a habit of asking teachers after class, though.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I usually understand things the first time, but I'm not afraid to ask for additional assistance. In school I'd just call out depending on the teacher since there was no middle ground between "nice teacher who accepts all questions all the time" and "evil vile creature who I don't want helping me in the first place".

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    No.
    I just watch other people. If I don't understand something, I just (if I remember) can google it when I get home.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • No I never asked if I did not know what I was doing when I am at school, I just did what I thought was right even if it was wrong.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Nope.. I don't feel comfortable speaking up and asking questions to the lecturer; I would feel extremely out of place and self-conscious in a whole room/hall full of mostly hushed students. Even if I really don't get something, I usually just keep quiet and try to study what I don't know on my own or ask a friend rather than asking the lecturer. ><

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My answer to this is "What is asking questions" because I almost never rose my hand or asked questions during school. I was too shy and nervous to do so I guess.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • All the time. I usually try things for myself, but if it's wasting to much of my/ the company's time, I will, of course, simply ask. Everyone is pretty helpful, and teachers are there to teach and help, too.. so I use it to my advantage.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    i usually try it myself first, I dont like depending too much on others for help, so I try my best to finish something on my own and only speak up and ask for help when needed.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When I really want to say something important in class, I raise my hand. Sometimes I just say it out just to help someone else.

Years
  • Oh noo not at all. I'm usually pretty shy in class so I stay quiet (even though I'm often told I don't even seem shy). It's just not something I can do since my voice tends to freeze up. xD;

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    During classes I usually either raise my hand up or wait until class ends before asking a question, but anywhere else I just ask them. It feels weird raising your hand outside of a classroom.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Yes, I dod. But I don't raise up my hand. I will just say my questions out loud to the teacher. We do that in these areas.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    At work I have no problem with speaking my mind. In fact, there's a coworker who I openly curse to from time to time in front of my manager.

At school, that doesn't really happen to me and if I have a question, I speak to the professor after class for one-on-one attention. Though if I need something immediately (like if we're doing an assignment that's due at the end of the class), then I'll ask them then.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • When I don't know how to do something at work, I ask. If I don't understand, I ask again. If I still don't understand, I leave it alone, because I sure as hell don't want to be the guy that had to ask a question three times :P

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I was one to participate in class by answering/asking questions and everything. It's the same thing at work, really.

Back