• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Adventurers in Training - D&D: Icewind Dale [OOC/SU][T]

Years
Hehehe, loving the 128 year-old 'young elf', Challenger XD

Not that it's a problem, it's all perspective. I'll post in a few.

Hey, elves live a long time. Like, reverse dog years. To get their age in human years, take an elf's age and divide it by seven or something...

So that would make her... just over 18, physically. See, there's science and stuff!

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Hey, elves live a long time. Like, reverse dog years. To get their age in human years, take an elf's age and divide it by seven or something...

So that would make her... just over 18, physically. See, there's science and stuff!

Elves: Reverse dogs since 2014

Hehe, yeah, I know about the elf life-span thing. Still seems funny to call someone 'young' when they're almost five times your age :P

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
This looks interesting to me, especially since I started playing D&D when I was 4 and introduced to 2e. Quick question, though: there was a class I always wanted to try, but never saw many regulations for until I found a book years ago detailing the class. Would you allow my character to be a Psionicist? If not, I could always choose another.

So long as the class can be adapted to the RP format (not really an issue, considering it's already a D&D class) and fits in reasonably well, I see no problem with it. I'll trust the general balancing of D&D. I've done a quick wikiing, so long as the psionic abilities work in more-or-less the same way as spells would do, I'm totally fine with that.

EDIT: Whelp, OK then XD

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
I would like to join this RP, if thats ok. I'm working on a character and hopefully will finish soon. If not, tomorrow for sure.

EDIT: I think I'm finished. Hope this meets with your approval

Name: Xaltin

Neutral Good
Human Fighter
Level 3

Str 18
Int 12
Wis 15
Dex 14
Con 16
Cha 15

Personality: Xaltin is someone that, upon first glance, you wouldn't particularly notice. He doesn't feel comfortable with having too much attention on himself, opting to be blended in with the others. He is a general rule-follower, though he has been known to break a few laws or rules if circumstances warrant. He tries to make sure everyone is treated equally and rewarded fairly for what they do. In his mind, there's nothing worse than a cheat or con man. He enjoys talking to others and learning from their experiences, always eager to learn new things and see the sights around him. He is a typical guy in that a beautiful woman can turn his head (unless he is already committed to one). If confronted with one, however, his words and thoughts become jumbled as his face turns beet red.

In combat, however, its like Xaltin becomes a different person. He becomes cool and absolute, focusing on his opponents while exploiting any weaknesses he can find. He attacks almost as fiercely as a barbarian, but relies on his mind as well as his strength during battle. He is ambidextrous, allowing himself to easily dual-wield his twin short swords. However, if he gets hurt during battle, he will exchange his left sword for a shield he also carries. If healed during battle, he returns to dual-wielding.

History: Xaltin was raised on his step-father's farm, his mother leaving his real father shortly after he was born. This was because his father was an industrious cartographer, travelling around the land with a ragtag group of adventurers that he befriended. His mother figured that Xaltin needed a more stable role-model in his life, so she left him for a farmer, though his real father showed up from time to time to see him. Though Xaltin worked hard on the farm normally, he had an itch for exploration. He would listen to his real father's stories about his travels and imagine him being there alongside them. When he turned 15, he made his intentions known to his parents that he would leave the farm to travel along with his real dad's group, though he'd make it a point to return to the farm and visit for a few weeks at a time, pitching in to help when needed.

Xaltin did this until he turned 19. While he and their group was exploring a minimally charted area, they found a new cave entrance in the side of a mountain. As they approached, however, Xaltin felt a little unease about the cave, his intuition telling him it wasn't safe. He kept the feeling to himself however, not wanting to disappoint the others, and they all ventured in together. As they traversed deeper inside, they found bones of other creatures inside, prompting the others to brandish their weapons. Xaltin did the same and walked down further in until they emerged into a huge cavern, where a large red dragon had made a nest. No one had expected this! The dragon quickly attacked the group, angered for their intrusion, before anyone could react. As Xaltin went forth, his father quickly pulled him away, gave him a ring as well as the map, and told him to run away before he got hurt. Before he could object, another torrent of flame distracted him and his father rushed forward to help with the dragon. Xaltin waited at the entrance for anyone to come out, but no one came. His father and his friends were all killed...and it was HIS fault! If he wasn't silent about going inside, maybe they'd all be ok.

He silently committed himself to continuing what his father started. He also vowed to get strong enough to enact revenge on the dragon that took his father's life. But how to get stronger...? He went into a nearby tavern and had heard about this simulation that allowed adventurers to follow in the footsteps of the Heroes of Icewind Dale. Maybe he could learn something from them. Resolve burning inside him, he headed for where the simulation was to take place.

Appearance: Xaltin stands at 6-foot-3 and weighs 226 pounds. He has short brown hair and green eyes. Due to his upbringing, he has a muscular build to him and a slight tan. He wears black clothing (shirt and pants) underneath his armor. He wears an amulet around his neck with a green gemstone pendant in the shape of a leaf. Around his right bicep is a black ribbon tied there in memory of his father. He also has a ring of regeneration adorning the middle finger of his left hand. A backpack hangs from his shoulders while his swords are hanging from his sides.

Gear:
Full set of studded leather armor, colored gray (minus helmet)
2 short swords (named Order and Chaos; uses Order with right hand and Chaos with left hand)
Steel shield, 2' diameter
Camping set (tent, poles, stakes, hammer)
5 healing potions
Ring of Regeneration
Map of the Dragon's Cave

Code: Oh, and I should probably mention, I haven't read the rules, but I'll give you a fish to make up for it.

Last edited:

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
I just joined this RP. How can this thread be this dead already? Did I accidentally chase everyone else away, or is there no interest?

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I just joined this RP. How can this thread be this dead already? Did I accidentally chase everyone else away, or is there no interest?

It's not dead, just a bit zombie-ish at the moment. I've been having internet problems over the past few days (which are hopefully now fixed), and at the moment we're waiting on <Challenger>, who has also been having internet problems over the past week or so. Admittedly, the activity is a little low, I may have to go on another spree of shameless advertising to get a little bit more interest going.

Okay, it's been a real while... I think I'm going to have to shut this thing down. It's been cool for the little while it was going, perhaps I'll reboot it another time if there's enough interest. See you round, all :)

Last edited:
Back