• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Kimono Girls

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Call me biased, but I wanted to make this thread about the Kimono Girls, because absolutely loved the Kimono Girls this time around. On Pokémon G/S/C, I didn't much mind them, but, I really loved the fact that they had a bigger role. Did anyone else loved that fact? Well, first, If you don't know who the Kimono Girls are, they are Naoko, Sayo, Zuki, Miki, and Kuni. They each have 1 member of the Eevee family, which includes Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, and Umbreon.

Kimono_Girls_Tin_Tower.png

Well, they didn't necessarily a huuuge role, but, I did like the way they have incorporated them into the way that you can obtain the legendary pokemon! The first time around, at pokemon G/S/C, they were all together, dancing in the Ecruteak Dance Studio, in which if you beat them all in a battle, you can get the Surf TM from a random NPC.

On HG/SS though, we learn a little bit more about them, and they help on on summoning the legendary Pokémon. We meet Zuki, back in Violet City, as she explained that there needed to be someone to raise a Mystery Egg. Naoko was the one who wasn't great at directions, who we've met at Ilex Forest, in which our pokemon helped her to show her the way out of the forest. Miki is a really quiet Kimono girl, whom we've helped her chase off a Rocket Grunt from the Ecruteak dance theater. We saw Sayo from the Ice Caves before Blackthorn City, which we've pushed her to help her to escape the ice. And finally, Kuni is the kimono girl who loves to twirl, whom we've met in the Goldenrod Underground Tunnel.

So, basically, these girls have been 'testing us', in which we had to battle them all in order for them in order to get the Clear Bell in HG, or Tidal Bell in SS. Honestly? They were a lot tougher to face in HG & SS, because they all faced you consecutively, without breaks to heal our pokemon, haha. Plus, each of their pokemon had really good moves! (ie. Surf + Aurora Beam on Vaporeon)

With all this being said, what do you guys think of the Kimono Girls this time around? How did you enjoy battling them, and what did you think about their own development overall? Feel free to share any other thoughts as well! ^^

Years
  • They're evil, because they killed four of Marriland's Pokémon in his Wedlocke.

I think they were well developed, what with them appearing all around Johto and you helping them, and how they pull their dance to summon the legendary bird is really neat. I thought they were quite interesting to battle here, and a decent challenge.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
    Years
  • They were definelty well incorporated into the story. And without me bothering with proper team building and type coverage, they were a challenge for me because I didn't really bother to make a decent team in HGSS. Nearly lost to them but a surprising challenge nonetheless.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I seriously loved how big of a role they played in HG/SS; it truly enhanced the storyline. When it came to battling them, I've had quite a tough time. All my Pokémon were under-leveled at that time, and only a very few of them were super-effective against theirs. :p

Years
  • I liked how big a role they played in HG/SS. I agree with Nymphadora (Vulpix, I guess?), they enhanced the storyline with some foreshadowing. I liked how the summoning of the legendaries turned into a really short in-game cinematic.

The battles were a big rougher this time around, but I still liked battling them.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I really enjoyed the role they played in HeartGold and SoulSilver. The addition of their little storyline was woven beautifully throughout the storyline and it broke the monotony of the storyline: "find badges, become pokemon master etc." It added a bit more complexity and variation to the games than Pokemon Gold and Silver, which in-turn made the game much more enjoyable. Gamefreak definitely made a great choice in expanding upon the concept of the Kimono Girls and their implementation into the plot.

I've got to say though, they were really tough for me to defeat!

complexive

Pretty Sailor Soldier
    Years
  • I liked the Kimono Girls and how they used all the Eeveelutions. Not to mention they weren't exactly easy to beat. I liked the challenge and how you had to defeat them in order to get to Lugia.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The Kimono Girls' expanded role in HGSS is just one of the reasons I love that game so much. It's not just a simple remake of Gold/Silver...there's just so much plot added to it. It almost feels like this is how the games were originally intended to flow, but the developers were constrained by the technical limitations of the Game Boy Color. XD

You can also count me among the ranks of people that were taken aback by how strong they were in HGSS. XD

Anuya

Hoenn's Elite Four pretender
    Years
  • These girls are so cool, their role is highlighted in this version, and it's good thing for the scenario, and in this case, the coming of Ho-Oh/Lugia :)

Back