• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New move animation won't play

Years
  • Alrighty, I have another question...I made a Move sprite for the move Yawn, I labeled it as OppMove:YAWN and Move:Yawn in the Database, made its sprite, and the screen is raised a little...When I applied it, the game is still using the Tackle sprite instead of the newly made Yawn sprite...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Make sure you recompile the game data. The relations between animations and moves is one of the things created during compilation (they're stored in the move2anim.dat data file).

OppMove:YAWN and Move:Yawn
    I hope that second one has the move name in caps too, because it should.

Years
  • Make sure you recompile the game data. The relations between animations and moves is one of the things created during compilation (they're stored in the move2anim.dat data file).

I hope that second one has the move name in caps too, because it should.

Mind me, but how do you recompile? :)

AND, both of the YAWNS are capitalized, I just messed up with the second one!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    There's a debug option for it. Or you can hold Ctrl when running the game from within RMXP.

Years
  • There's a debug option for it. Or you can hold Ctrl when running the game from within RMXP.

And once again, I thank you very much! :)

Whenever I do it in the game, it says the script is taking too long, and then the game decides to restart...

Back