• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Great! Just what I need to deal with, another stupid fire lizard!" Thyme muttered.
"Relax Thyme! That was an awesome move! It was really cool!" Bri said.
"I wouldn't want to get hit with it!" Drizzle agreed as they watched the battle.
"You would get hurt even more! Wuss!" Nova said. Drizzle glared at him.
"To be fair, I wouldn't want to get hit with it either," Duster said. The Spinarack had regrouped and were coming back for more. Thyme dropped to the ground and the rest of Bri's pokemon were ready to fight.
"Thyme use Leaf Tornado. Drizzle, use Swift. Nova, Ember. And Duster, you use Double Slap!" Bri said. His pokemon obeyed him. Thyme leapt into the air and created another powerful tornado and blasted it through the bugs, knocking them all over the place. Drizzle and Nova fired their projectiles and caused many of the bugs to get hit hard. Duster ran around, whacking them with her tail to prevent them from getting too close.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype was dealing with a lone Ariados, mostly taunting as it made attempts to hit Snype. This felt wonderful! Using detect once more, he barely dodged a head on attack from an Ariados. He moved his head slightly to the side of one of its attacks and countered with Sucker Punch, giving the Ariados a good jab in the stomach. "How much more are there?" Snype called out.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Blitz knocked one Ariados away with Dragon Claw and Dyno sent one flying up in the air with earth power.

"Now Blitz use a full power Blitzthrower on the Ariados in the air!" Vince ordered. Blitzthrower is what Vincent would call Blitz using a flamethrower at max power. Blitz let out a small puff of fire before he unleashed the mother of flamethrowers upon the Ariados in the air. The flamethrower was huge much bigger than Vince had thought it would be must have been because Blitz evolved to a Charmeleon.

"Now only one left Dyno use Dragon Pulse!" Xack continued as instead of using Dragon Pulse Dyno used Dark Pulse and it only managed to skin the Ariados. The Ariados then hit Dyno with a bug bite attack which was super effective.

"Come on Dyno listen to me and use Dragon Pulse!" Vincent said annoyed at the fact at a time like this Dyno wouldn't listen. This time he listened and the Ariados flew across the ground and into a bush. Xack then heard it scurry away defeated.

<Alright it's up to you to finish this fight> Blitz said to Snype smirking.

Megaman765

Years
"Keh, kinda wish Mark was here. This is a great opprotunity to catch one of these things." Snype said. Snype dove into the bush and noticed that the Ariados was weakened, crawling away. It was really weak... he figured it was already defeated as is. No use beating a dead horse. He decided to "finish him off" A more civil way. He glared at the Ariados and gave off his usual Large Smile and snickered. "Kehehe... Word of advice, next time, don't you dare touch our trainers." He warned the Ariados. Listening to Snype talk caused it to scurry away faster until it eventually escaped.

Snype walked out of the bush casually. "Well! Thats that!" Snype said.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
"I'm...fine..." growled Selene as Mark and Bri discussed getting her back to treat her leg. She didn't dare look down at it, but if she did she'd see a swollen, purple and black mess that seemed to be stretching ever further up her leg - Her Pokemon emerged from their various fighting positions and scrambled over to Selene, looking concerned.

"Guys, it's just a-woah-" trailed off Gordon as he walked over, looking up at Selene curiously. Her leg was obviously pretty badly poisoned...but she'd given her only berry to Valorie and urged that Mark dude to go and heal the others thus leaving nothing for herself...she was a bizarre trainer. Perhaps...just perhaps he could live with her.

"It isn't JUST an anything," growled the deep, rumbling voice of Ri as he nodded towards Mark and scooped Sel up bridal style, frowning as she hissed under her breath with the movement. "This is bad...she shouldn't have stayed here so long. But we couldn't just abandon the others, it had to be done..." he said, thinking mostly to himself. Perhaps...perhaps if they'd left the others to finish fighting the Bugs then they could've taken Selene to get help sooner, but they couldn't do that.

Ryan and Blu watched Ri with wide eyes, picking up Horsea who was exhausted but otherwise okay. "So...Ri...maybe we'll have to think of a different name for you hey?" Ri turned to Ryan as he spoke tentatively and raised an eyebrow. "If you even dare start calling me 'Lu' then I swear to Arceus above I will kill you Ryan" he swore truthfully and Ryan swallowed, laughing nervously. "Sure thing...Ri..."

Selene smiled as Valorie stirred, obviously claiming she was fine despite the obvious fact that she wasn't. "Oh...y-yeah sure Valo-Valorie, you're about a...as fine as I am," laughed Sel shakily, raising an eyebrow as best as she could. She watched as Dratini EVOLVED...it was a magnificent sight, the regal Dragonair...wow, how beautiful! "Seems i-it's a day for evolution...huh?" she smiled up at Ri before resting her head against him and closing her eyes.

Ri frowned and turned to Mark, "We need to go now" he stated firmly, striding forwards through the forest with his pokemon following. "Can you run?" he asked Mark, they'd sure get there faster.

Nideous

Years
Bri and his team stopped fighting as that swarm went away. He turned around and walked over to Vince. Now that the fighting was over, Bri started shaking. That had been a very tense situation. Thyme was also wary, but for a very different reason. She was scared that Snype would tell everyone her secret. She didn't think she could take it if they all knew. Bri reached down and picked her up.
"It's ok Thyme! Everything's fine! You've gotten really strong!" Bri said. Thyme wished she could believe that. She didn't feel strong. But she smiled warmly at him. Bri turned around and returned his tired pokemon.
"Hey Vince! Let's get out of here before they come back. I don't think my pokemon can handle another round with those bugs. Snype! I'm going to take you back to Mark! Come on!" Bri said as he walked over to Vince.

Years
Jack laid in bed quietly Giga by his side thinking about the events that have just transpired in the forest. "At least we caught a couple pokemon" Jack smiled trying to find a positive of the situation as he laid in the nurses station bed. "Jack Jacobs" Nurse Joy asked as she carried Jack's bagpack to him "It was just left at the door one of the books had your name on it." Jack took his bag How did it just reach here Jack wondered as he searched through the bags finding all his pokemon in their pokeballs. Guess Blade did it Jack thought as he returned Giga to his pokeball and rested the bag at the side of the bed. "Dont blame him, I wouldnt want to see myself here either" Jack laid closed his eyes and started to daydream thinking about that entire situation going differently. Nothing he could do now though as he slowly fell asleep.

HunterZero

Years
"Alright we can get out of here it's not like it really would have mattered these bug Pokemon are no match for my team," Vince said as he started walking off.

This adventure was fruitful Vincent figured since his pokemon got some good battle experience. He began walking off but then stopped and turned to Bri. Vince had no idea where he was going.

"Hey Bri know how to get out of here?" Xack asked.

Nideous

Years
"Says the guy that needed us to come and save him!" Thyme said angrily. Ungrateful little prick!
"Don't say that Thyme. He's just had a rough day. He'll get over it," Bri said as he bent down and picked Snype up.
"Um... It's this way," Bri said when Vince started walking the wrong way.
"You'd expect him to be a little more thankful to us. He doesn't even know the way back!" Thyme muttered from her perch on Bri's shoulder. Bri shrugged and began walking back the way he had come. It occured to him that he might not be able to find his way back to the school. After all, he had gotten lost before he had found Jack and the others. He could get them to where the fight happened, and maybe from there Vince could get them back to the academy. Bri needed to get to a pokemon center. He was worried about Jack and Selene and Valorie!

HunterZero

Years
<Talk about my trainer like that Snivy and I'll make sure the last thing you'll see is my Flamethrower attack> Blitz said to Thyme's comment. He then let of a small puff of flames that freaked Wattage out.

<Hey Blitz no need to be so mean> Wattage said as he crawled all the up to Vincent's head.

<Yeah yeah she's just saying that cause Vince is kind of oblivious to thing> Terra said as he climbed up on Xack's shoulder.

<I saw you singe her Blitz that's what I would do. Not because she was bashing on dumbtard over there no, I would do it for the laughs> Dyno said as he started to laugh a bit.

"Thanks Bri for helping out and you too Mark's Sableye," Vincent said to Bri and then to Snype. He knew Snype's name but wasn't sure it was the right name so he didn't want to get it wrong so he didn't say anything.

Nideous

Years
(OOC: Dumbtard? And really, what is it anout Thyme and Charmeleons? She just seems to have a way of pissing them off.)

"What was that?! Look you overgrown... Reptile! I'll say what I want about who I want! I've just about had it with dumb Charmeleons trying to intimidate me today!" Thyme said angrily. She was mad, and her head was starting to spin. She hadn't quite shaken off the effects of that poison yet. She turned to the Deino.
"And as for you! I don't care how tough you think you are! If you want to try me, bring it on!" she said.

"Thyme! Calm down! It's not that important! Relax!" Bri said, trying to calm her down. He wasn't doing a very good job. He thought she would be tired. She had been through quite a lot today. But, she seemed to have plenty of energy left. Had something important happened while Thyme had been missing? He had no idea what her problem was, but he didn't want her to get hurt in a fight with Vince's pokemon.
"Oh, um, no problem. I'm glad I could help," Bri said growing a little red. This was turning out to be one interesting day. But he was ready to go home now.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie just sort of made a face at the sight of Selene's leg. Gross. She pulled out her satchel and looked through it only to find that all her medicine was gone. This frustrated her, as she didn't know where it had gone.

"..."

She then looked up at Dragonair and a thought occurred to her. Dragonair was more than big enough to ride now. Normally she wouldn't want to try something like that until she had given it a test in a safer environment, but it seemed kind of necessary.

"Selene, I think Dragonair can carry us back to town. We need to get you medicine."

Dragonair turned her attention to Valorie when her name was called. She lowered her head down low to peer at the group. Meanwhile, Trapinch burst out of the ground and just sort of stumbled over a piece of loose gravel, tripping and falling sideways over onto her back. She then proceeded to squirm, unable to get up. Valorie noticed this and frowned. It wasn't her proudest moment. She promptly returned Trapinch to her pokeball, followed by Charmeleon, placing both balls back in her satchel.

Megaman765

Years
Mark was suprised to hear Lucario talking to him... seemed to be a technique. It was convenient though since Ri was strong enough to carry Sel. "Yeah I can run..." Mark replied. He looked back to Val and went to pick her up and place her on Dragonair. Mark joined her for the ride. "Comon. Let's get to the Pokemon Center ASAP." Mark said. He kept a close eye on Valorie. Dragonair was actually large enough to ride on now... that was convenient.

----

"Kehehehe! Not a problem! Glad to help!" Snype replied. It wasn't long before Thyme and the rest of Vincent's pokemon began argueing. "Guys! Comon! Is now the time to get into a petty arguement? Two of our friends got hurt really baddly out there! Battle another time, let's focus on finding the others and getting to the Pokemon Center." Snype said to everyone.

SelenaStar

Years
Closing her eyes, Sel nodded weakly not trusting herself to open her mouth. She didn't even have it in her to argue now...Ri carried her along with concern on his face, he didn't know what they'd do if she didn't make it...but he wasn't going to think like that. Nodding at Mark and Valorie as they mounted Dragonair, he turned to the long blue Pokemon. "Stay with me," he said shortly before breaking into a sprint.

Luckily in his evolved form he could run over great distances at great speed without getting tired - if he hadn't evolved...well, he was sure that Valorie would have taken Selene back on Dragonair if she'd been able to. Ryan was trailing just behind him, running flat out, whilst Blu was soaring overhead carrying Gordon, Sharpay tucked into Sel's arms also sleeping, everyone was okay. In her semi-conscious state Selene hoped that Bri and Vince were okay...but as much as she wanted to she just could not focus on that right now.

After what seemed like forever they got back to the Academy, bursting through the doors to the medical wing and rushing to a vacant bed Ri laid Selene down gently, pained at her sweating forehead and face contorted in pain, the hoarse scream that was wrenched from her lips as her leg was straightened out. He took Sharpay from her gently and turned to a nurse who had come rushing over. Luckily his abilities with auras allowed hiim to communicate what had happened to the Nurse, who took one look at Sel's leg and seemed to blanch somewhat.

"That...that's bad. I can give her the strongest Antidote we have but..." she cut herself off, but it was too late. The last word hung in the air and Ri just stared at her as she bit her lower lip and ran to the medicine cupboard, pulling out a small vial of liquid and a syringe. "This...this will hurt a lot..." she said quietly to Sel as she filled the syringe with the liquid before finding a point above her ankle and sliding the needle through the skin.

Selene's eyes flew wide open as her scream came out as a strangled gasp, the pain rendering her speechless. Ryan let out a small tear beside her bed, startled as Gordon patted his shoulder, Blu perched on the headboard watching her and of course Ri and Sharpay were beside her. As she calmed down, closing her eyes once more, her body twitching slightly the Nurse sighed and looked from Ri to Valorie and Mark. "That's he fastest acting Antidote we have...it's all I can do for her, but if this doesn't work...we, well, we may need to send her to a Hospital for amputation." Ri looked stunned, standing there and just staring at Selene. There was no way...

Years
"UH" JAck groaned in his bed a mix of the pain and the fact that he was woken up by screams in the other room. He tried to mutter the screaming by covering his ears with the pillow but it didn't work out that well and he was feeling well enough to get up and check what was going on. He mustered up some of his strength and tapped the wall trying to make them aware that he was sleeping in the other room. It finally stopped and Jack shut his eyes and tried to go to sleep again.

(Think its a good time for everyone to give me the info to update the profiles)

Dawn

Years
Valorie managed to get on Dragonair's back with the others. Dragonair peered back at them all rather skeptically, finding this a weird way to travel, before lifting them all into the air and flying off with them. Some time later, Valorie was at the Academy watching an antidote get administered to Selene. Her expression was full of tension, and became a grimace when the nurse mentioned amputation. Her expression became frozen like that as she watched Selene silently.

"..."

SelenaStar

Years
After a brief period of unconsciousness, Selene opened her eyes and instantly squeezed them closed again as they burned from the bright lights above. Ouch...what happened? She couldn't reme-oh yeah, flexing her leg slightly she felt a sharp stab of pain and sucked a breath in through her teeth. Bloody Spinarak...or whatever the little sod who bit her was. She hoped that Blu had frozen it permanently when he blasted it with his Ice Beam...speaking of which.

Turning her head to her side she felt a rush of affection for the sleeping Pokemon by her bedside - surely they had been offered a trip to the Pokemon Centre ..? Had they really chosen to stay by her? Even Gordon? Ri slept in the chair beside her bed, Sharpay asleep in his lap. Gordon was sleeping at the foot of her bed whilst Ryan had settled himself on her stomach - she could feel his little heartbeat against her skin through the covers - and she heard a chirp from above her head. Blu looked down on her with intelligent eyes before flying down to perch on her shoulder, nuzzling against her cheek. With a laugh, Sel reached up and stroked his cottony wings softly, "Hey Blu, you okay sweetie?" he chirruped an affirmative and Sel turned her head to the side, satisfied.

Valorie was there in the bed next to her! Smiling somewhat sheepishly, Selene nodded down at the sleeping Ryan on her belly, "Good to know that even unconscious you can be useful for something hey? How are you doing Valorie?" she asked, watching Valorie closely.

Dawn

Years
Valorie noticed Selene moving and sucked in a breath. She still had a pretty grim expression on her face. She watched as Selene greeted her pokemon, and then suddenly had no idea what to do when Selene noticed her. Most of her distress was emotional and the remaining was simply fatigue. She forced a smile onto her face, failing to make it look genuine.

"I'm fine."

Her expression then turned to one of concern.

"How about you? Can I get you anything? We need to make sure you make a full recovery."

Though Valorie acknowledged the severity of the situation, she still held in her heart that Selene could not be anything other than fine in the end. The concept of tragedy happening to herself or around her was foreign to Valorie. Her biggest problems were her struggles to find happiness and respect amongst others. Arguably, they weren't uncommon problems. There was also her sleep walking, by was that really a problem so much as something one just had to learn to deal with? One thing was for sure, Valorie didn't consider sleep walking a problem in need of solving.

Valorie was currently alone, or rather that is to say, none of her pokemon were out of their pokeballs. She moved over to tentatively sit down on the edge of Selene's bed, careful not to sit on any of Selene's pokemon, or her for that matter.

Megaman765

Years
Mark stood in shock when he heard that Selenes leg may have to end up being amputated. He couldn't help but feel guilty... If he had listened or backed away from that battle... He looked at both Valorie and Selene as they layer on their beds. He wasn't about to leave their side... Why have the worst things been happening? Hasn't the school taken note of these incidents? The pokemon around the school were vicious... Something was up.

Mark sat on a chair looking down at his feet with a saddened expression. Should have never gone in that stupid forest... Mark thought. Two attacks in two days... seemed like really bad luck on their part. First Frilllish now Beedrill and Spinarak. Safe school ground environment... yeah right. Mark couldn't help but feel that these attacks were related in some way... sure both pokemon were known for attacking humans but still...

"... you doing alright there Sel...?" Mark asked.

Last edited:

HunterZero

Years
(OOC: I put dumbtard there to pretty much say that Dyno is not good at making insults for Vincent.

<Friends?> Dyno began with a laugh. <They're not my friends I wouldn't care less what happens to them> He finished with an evil laugh.

<Dyno don't be such a jerk> Terra said. Dyno laughed again and then used Dark Pulse on the Drilbur knocking him off of Vince's shoulder.

"Hey! Dyno don't do that!" Xack shouted angry that Dyno randomly attacked Terra. He picked Terra up and put him on his shoulder and then looked to Bri.

"I think I remember my path in here," He said as he put a finger on his chin. He thought about it for a moment and then he remembered.

"Yeah but before we go is everyone alright?" Vince asked concerned for the well being of his friends.

Back